Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) - Official thread!!

I think the SOCs are starting to get up there in price to point of now I question which robots i'll get. It looks like the newer unfortunately smaller Super Robot Chogokins are what there trying to get out now. The actual SOC line is being left for there bigger combining robots now. I dont have a problem with it, just lately they've been doing robots I dont care about. Im still waiting for Dangard Ace. I know Yamato did one, but i never picked it up so I wish Dangard would get the SOC treatment.

Re: Soul Of Chogokin

I collect these, but focus mostly on the classic 70's - 80's super robots, with an occassional newer robot. I'm not a fan of the recent SOC releases (Super Robot Wars, and the various Getter, Mazinger etc OVA remakes et al). My list:

- Getter Dragon
- Getter Poseidon
- Getter Liger
- Grendizer (full Speizer set)
- Great Mazinger
- Venus A
- Gaiking
- Reideen DX
- God Mars
- Ideon
- Mecha Godzilla 75
- Gunbuster

Got a bunch of these on a trip to Hong Kong, and still looking to get Voltes V, Combattler and a Mazinger Z. and am still waiting forthem to make a God Sigma.

I collect these, but focus mostly on the classic 70's - 80's super robots, with an occassional newer robot. I'm not a fan of the recent SOC releases (Super Robot Wars, and the various Getter, Mazinger etc OVA remakes et al). My list:

- Getter Dragon
- Getter Poseidon
- Getter Liger
- Great Mazinger
- Venus A
- Gaiking
- Reideen DX
- God Mars
- Ideon
- Mecha Godzilla 75
- Gunbuster

Got a bunch of these on a trip to Hong Kong, and still looking to get Voltes V, Combattler and a Mazinger Z. and am still waiting forthem to make a God Sigma.

You should also check out Mazinger from a company called Fewture. They are pretty awesome, but very pricey.

Jeez, this chogokin posting area is getting no love. I think Chogokins, and godaikins are awesome figures to collect.

lol. Oh no sorry man....my bad its just that the first 3 threads I've made has had someone insult me and tell me the topic already exists. I'm Edgy!!!
:cuss;) Anyways man I'm browsing through that thread checking everything out. Thanks for the heads up.

I hear what your saying buddy. They are very strict with posting new threads here when you are what they term as a "newb". Don't worry, probably after 1000 posts, they'll start letting you post more freely. They are very touchy about new members, and often haze them even if you are honestly trying to post something that no one else really specifically addressed yet.

For whatever reason why they like to haze newbs, i really don't know. Maybe they didn't get the love and attention they deserved as a kid or they were bullied when they were younger, and now they want to take out their anger on you. You basically have to do a search, and make sure nobody else posted something similiar to your topic. If it is different enough, you should be able to post.

Sorry if anyone dislikes attempts to keep the board in check by minimizing excessive threads, but it hardly does good for there to be 10 threads on a topic when one will suffice. It keeps the conversations together, makes searching and researching easier, and makes the forum less cluttered. From my perspective, elder forum members won't get preferential treatment in this regard.

As for "noob hazing," I guess you are going to get that here until you understand the forum guidelines and norms. But once you catch on to the way things are done, you should be fine.

Last edited:

I hear what your saying buddy. They are very strict with posting new threads here when you are what they term as a "newb". Don't worry, probably after 1000 posts, they'll start letting you post more freely. They are very touchy about new members, and often haze them even if you are honestly trying to post something that no one else really specifically addressed yet.

For whatever reason why they like to haze newbs, i really don't know. Maybe they didn't get the love and attention they deserved as a kid or they were bullied when they were younger, and now they want to take out their anger on you. You basically have to do a search, and make sure nobody else posted something similiar to your topic. If it is different enough, you should be able to post.

:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

BTW the OP never came back... :dunno

- Getter Dragon
- Getter Poseidon
- Getter Liger
- Great Mazinger
- Venus A
- Gaiking
- Reideen DX
- God Mars
- Ideon
- Mecha Godzilla 75
- Gunbuster

I actually only collect the few SOCs that i grew up watching as a kid. The Getters are my favorite. Those 3 combos cant be beat really. As for you wanting God Sigma, hes the next big guy to get the SOC treatment. If you go to collection dx they have a few photos over there. I cant post photos here at work. God Sigma looks crazy awesome, he'll look good standing next to God Mars. Im guessing he'll top out at about $300 for sure.

As for Chogos not getting the love, well think about it most people dont even know they make them and considering if you didnt grow up watching them as a kid you really have no connection to them at all. I mean someone whos not into the old robots they see a little 7 inch to say 15 inches in some case and ranging anywhere from $60 to $350 and even higher depending on the company. Most people arent willing to spend that kind of money on a toy even though hes a representation that in a sense even isnt popular anymore. Same reason why you dont see much on Dairugger (vehicle voltron) and Dangard Ace. I think robots/mecha are a very niche market and most people dont get it.
I mean even look at your anime clubs and such, if you even mention mecha most people are turned off by the robot shows.

Sorry if anyone dislikes attempts to keep the board in check by minimizing excessive threads, but it hardly does good for there to be 10 threads on a topic when one will suffice. It keeps the conversations together, makes searching and researching easier, and makes the forum less cluttered. From my perspective, elder forum members won't get preferential treatment in this regard.

As for "noob hazing," I guess you are going to get that here until you understand the forum guidelines and norms. But once you catch on to the way things are done, you should be fine.

I personally don't know how similar or different the subject of this thread is from the one linked by Kuzeh, but let me know if it warrants a thread merge.

I totally here what you're saying and I agree. It doesn't make sense to re-post things that people have already causually mentioned. But members like "mr.thrifty" have 3 threads all related to the Wolf Predator Bust under the Aliens and Robots section, and nobody stopped him from starting those redundant threads 3 times.

When I started that predator thread "Poll" of the contraversy of Berserker, I realize that it may have been casually mentioned many times in the main Berserker thread, but no Poll was conducted as to the true number of how many people actually felt he was worth buying vs those who didn't. The reason why I like polls so much is because you get a consensus "measurement" of what's going on. It's a good way to quantify people's opinions, and form rational arguements based on the poll data. Yeah I could have dug through thousands of posts in the main berserker thread, and individually counted who felt the berserker was worth buying and who didn't, but that's not really realistic right?

Let me give you an example of what I mean. Let's say I never conducted a poll of which pred was more desirable between hot toys berserker vs falconer. Then some member named joeblow posts a blanket statement on the main Falconer thread like-"Falconer pred is the best. Everybody likes falconer pred over Berserker!."

Now without conducting a poll, (because according to some senior members out there, it would be too redundant) I would only have two options:

Option 1- dig through hundreds of posts on that main Falconer thread and dig through hundreds of posts in the main berserker thread and count how many people were in favor of falconer vs berserker (which is teadious and thus, nobody would really realistically do)

Option 2: just trust what joeblow posted.

But after my poll on Falconer vs Berserker, I have evidence that most members prefer Berserker over falconer. So now I can refute that argument and say, Falconer is not the most preferred pred, because the poll data indicates otherwise. Argument closed.

I know you may still disagree with what I'm saying. But don't you think it's at least interesting to see the numbers behind the various opinions presented on some of these threads? I am, but hey, it's just me.

I'm getting into my long rants again, but just a final thought to some of the senior members out there with a short fuse or little patience for newbs:
If some of the new members accidently re-post something that was already mentioned in a prior thread, please don't be so harsh with them as you guys were to me. They are still learning. Just nicely or politely let them know that their thread has already been addressed and re-direct them to the related link. No need to be rude to them, put them down and then close their thread without any warning. Most of us "newbs" didn't come here to deliberately annoy you guys and piss you off. Most of us just want to share our opinions and be a part of the various cool discussions on this site, and be a part of the Sideshowfreaks team. Just my 2 cents.

"Can't we all just get along?" :1-1:

Last edited:

I actually only collect the few SOCs that i grew up watching as a kid. The Getters are my favorite. Those 3 combos cant be beat really. As for you wanting God Sigma, hes the next big guy to get the SOC treatment. If you go to collection dx they have a few photos over there. I cant post photos here at work. God Sigma looks crazy awesome, he'll look good standing next to God Mars. Im guessing he'll top out at about $300 for sure.

As for Chogos not getting the love, well think about it most people dont even know they make them and considering if you didnt grow up watching them as a kid you really have no connection to them at all. I mean someone whos not into the old robots they see a little 7 inch to say 15 inches in some case and ranging anywhere from $60 to $350 and even higher depending on the company. Most people arent willing to spend that kind of money on a toy even though hes a representation that in a sense even isnt popular anymore. Same reason why you dont see much on Dairugger (vehicle voltron) and Dangard Ace. I think robots/mecha are a very niche market and most people dont get it.
I mean even look at your anime clubs and such, if you even mention mecha most people are turned off by the robot shows.

You should also checkout the new Daltanious coming out. He looks pretty kickass!

I closed the Berserker poll, and am sorry if that bothered you. However, I think the majority of board members (and, most notably, the board admin) would see that poll as unnecessary given that there was an entire thread dedicated to the figure, where most posts dealt with opinions and thoughts one way or the other. I can understand that you would like to get a count of pro and against votes, but in my view, that just does not warrant its own thread--particularly since that thread was just degrading into name-calling and smileys, and was ultimately not going to give you a clear indication of how members actually felt. Better to go to the general Berserker thread and ask specific questions about the factors that matter to you in terms of buying that figure.

:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

BTW the OP never came back... :dunno

He probably never came back because he was intimidated by some of the senior members who hazed him for accidentally posting a similiar thread.

Last edited:

I closed the Berserker poll, and am sorry if that bothered you. However, I think the majority of board members (and, most notably, the board admin) would see that poll as unnecessary given that there was an entire thread dedicated to the figure, where most posts dealt with opinions and thoughts one way or the other. I can understand that you would like to get a count of pro and against votes, but in my view, that just does not warrant its own thread--particularly since that thread was just degrading into name-calling and smileys, and was ultimately not going to give you a clear indication of how members actually felt. Better to go to the general Berserker thread and ask specific questions about the factors that matter to you in terms of buying that figure.

No worries. I see where you're coming from even if I respectfully disagree, But please tell the other senior and more impatient members that some of the newbs out there maybe more sensitive and may not have the thick skin to take the hazing. I don't care if the senior guys on this board haze me all day long , but for the sake of the newbs that sincerely want to post their opinions and contribute, and may not be as well informed- just show them a little more respect and "guide" them if they make a mistake. No need to bash them, make rude comments and then close them out when they don't know better.

Last edited:

He probably never came back because he was intimidated by some of the senior members who hazed him for accidentally posting a similiar thread.

Nobody "hazed" him... wth??
I only posted a link and told him the Getter pose was awesome...
There IS NOT a single post in this thread where he was harassed or hazed in any way... maybe in some other thread but not this one...
:peace

Nobody "hazed" him... wth??
I only posted a link and told him the Getter pose was awesome...
There IS NOT a single post in this thread where he was harassed or hazed in any way... maybe in some other thread but not this one...
:peace

I know he wasn't hazed on this thread. He was hazed by the senior members when he tried to post new threads. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same guy but I'm referring to the member (or x-member) below:

lol. Oh no sorry man....my bad its just that the first 3 threads I've made has had someone insult me and tell me the topic already exists. I'm Edgy!!!
:cuss;) Anyways man I'm browsing through that thread checking everything out. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

Kick-ass photos! don't you just love the diecast metal goodness of the Soul of Chogokin line?! :yess:

yes the evas looks great too bad they made them too small :(

No worries. I see where you're coming from even if I respectfully disagree, But please tell the other senior and more impatient members that some of the newbs out there maybe more sensitive and may not have the thick skin to take the hazing. I don't care if the senior guys on this board haze me all day long , but for the sake of the newbs that sincerely want to post their opinions and contribute, and may not know better- just show them a little more respect and "guide" them if they make a mistake. No need to bash them and make rude comments when they don't know better.
Point taken. This board would not benefit from new members being run off in droves because they feel intimidated by others.

However, like I said before, if new members are willing to learn and modify their behavior to fit in with board guidelines and norms, that stuff will eventually pass. The bulk of the established members here aren't complete jerks, and I hope folks can stay around long enough to discover that.

Point taken. This board would not benefit from new members being run off in droves because they feel intimidated by others.

However, like I said before, if new members are willing to learn and modify their behavior to fit in with board guidelines and norms, that stuff will eventually pass. The bulk of the established members here aren't complete jerks, and I hope folks can stay around long enough to discover that.

I know that the majority of the senior members on here are cool dudes/gals. Just a few bad apples. I'll be sure to run some poll ideas around some of the senior members, asuming that they are reading my posts, before I post new thread polls again. thanks karamozov80, for hearing us newbs out.

Last edited:
Back