MAYWEATHER vs PACQUIAO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joke decision.

Fair play to Bradley fighting with a busted ankle.

I dont think the mayweather pac fight will happen now :(

boxing has been corrupt and rigged for a long time, why is anyone surprised?

There's been so much doubt in this sport for decades. Even more reason why fans are leaving the sport and looking elsewhere.

The decision made on last night's fight was clearly made from another source. It wasn't just 2 of the 3 judges that decided on Bradley's win. That much is obvious.

Politics at it's best. :mad:

even Bradley's team and his relatives were shocked that he won.

When Bob Arum approached him after the fight Bob said "You did very well" then Bradley was like "I tried very hard, but I couldn't beat the guy".

Its clear that even Bradley himself were surprised on the decision. So ultimately everybody knows its fixed. I hope on the rematch Pac will knock Bradley out, that's his goal in the first place, and he's not gonna stop til that happen. I know him very well.

I'd love to hear from an official interview, what Bradley thinks about the fight.

You know someone will set up that conversation. They need to sit down with him and discuss this fight. Larry Merchant can do it or whomever else.

I'll say it again....an utter embarrassment. :thud:

:lecture this is not the first, nor will it be the last. This sport has been going in one form or another from the early 1700s. Many controversies, many disappointments, but many, many memorable momments in the annals of sports. This will NOT kill boxing, strangely it may help it. The National sports media practically ignore or have written off boxing for years. This will just bring it back into the fore, warts and all.

:lecture this is not the first, nor will it be the last. This sport has been going in one form or another from the early 1700s. Many controversies, many disappointments, but many, many memorable momments in the annals of sports. This will NOT kill boxing, strangely it may help it. The National sports media practically ignore or have written off boxing for years. This will just bring it back into the fore, warts and all.

I grew up a boxing fan in the '70s and '80s. I'll give you 3 reasons that led to the decline of this sport....

1. They stopped showing free over the air matches on TV and went exclusively to PPV.

2. The whole alphabet soup of title belts.

3. The bread and butter heavyweight division sucks.

Despite this, I still enjoy a good title match. :lol

I grew up a boxing fan in the '70s and '80s. I'll give you 3 reasons that led to the decline of this sport....

1. They stopped showing free over the air matches on TV and went exclusively to PPV.

i would agree with that, but would add one more element when the money became silly the coruption was always just one step behind

All excellent reasons and I'll add another:

4. Promoters getting in the way of top notch boxers who train, looking for the next fighter to challenge their skills.

you know the sport is really insignificant when the most popular Boxer barely makes news when he is robbed, yet, people still pay $55 to watch that one fight??? :dunno

i would agree with that, but would add one more element when the money became silly the coruption was always just one step behind

All excellent reasons and I'll add another:

4. Promoters getting in the way of top notch boxers who train, looking for the next fighter to challenge their skills.

Agreed! Especially some of these sad sack promoters.

One of the greatest quotes in sports history was uttered by promoter Bob Arum....

"Yesterday I was lying but today I'm telling the truth."

:lol:rotfl:lol:lol

Manny's definitely in a different league.

He represents with so much class, not even the corrupted figures that control the boxing industry can touch him. :clap

I, on the other hand, would have gone completely postal. :lol

Pure class Pacquiao is............

I guess we don't have a general boxing thread so I thought I'd post it here.

The great Cuban heavyweight and 3-time gold medalist Teofilo Stevenson has died at 60.

It seemed throughout the '70s there was going to be a potential superfight showdown with Mohammad Ali. There was a $5 million offer on the table that Stevenson declined. I would have loved to seen that fight.

https://espn.go.com/olympics/story/...c-boxing-gold-medalist-teofilo-stevenson-died

Back