Mayweather vs Pacquiao Official!!!! Who you got??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pac or Floyd???

• Total voters
For the neutral , it may have looked boring. People want to see a tear up . A street fight even. Hit and not get hit. It was a master class and he made a 7 weight division champion future hall of famer look ordinary.

may as well call it free hug and chicken run master class. lolz
He's exploiting the points system. It is a smart move, even if it's not great for the casual observer. If this was a big enough problem, then the guys who establish regulations could always re-think how they score fights. A lot of this talk reminds me of wrestling (the real, amateur variety). There, a huge chunk of the guys who are really good don't go for the pin, but are trying to beat their opponents on points. And I'm sure that approach isn't the most appealing to casual observers either, but it is what the sport is at this point.

I guess it isn't great for the sport as a whole, but it feels like boxing was on its last legs anyway since the sexier, more exciting UFC stuff has co-opted boxing's audience.

Pac came for a brawl and ran into a thick wall of sweet science. Excuses are always lame. Hate to say it but I have more respect for Mayweather after the bout. Everyone knows Mayweather's style yet Team Pac did not seem to have a real game plan nor did they adjust much during the fight.

Mayweather was methodical and it was beautiful to watch. I can compare him to the Spurs that, while people find their style of play "boring," they show the beauty of the sport with their game IQ.

I knew he was gonna win.
I give it to Mayweather, he was able remain cool and he eventually learned Pacquiao.
Patience is everything in a fight and he had tons of it.
Midway through the fight, he was able to counter his jab. I thought that in itself was amazing.

Pac came for a brawl and ran into a thick wall of sweet science. Excuses are always lame. Hate to say it but I have more respect for Mayweather after the bout. Everyone knows Mayweather's style yet Team Pac did not seem to have a real game plan nor did they adjust much during the fight.

Mayweather was methodical and it was beautiful to watch. I can compare him to the Spurs that, while people find their style of play "boring," they show the beauty of the sport with their game IQ.

Perfect comparison, Spurs aren't the most exciting to watch, but they get the job done. Sucks they lost the same night of the fight though.

I don't care if Mayweather beat one woman or seven women, he did his time and none of us actually know what really happened. The man can box and that's all I care about.

What's funny though, while everyone is complaining about not purchasing the fight because he's a woman beater, the woman he beat was sitting front row wearing a diamond ring the size of my head :lol

:lol :lol :lol
She is only one of the many he had beaten. He has been cited or arrested for violence against 5 different women. This want some one time deal. And he keep just getting his hand slapped. Then his camp pulls press credentials of people who question him about it.

She is only one of the many he had beaten. He has been cited or arrested for violence against 5 different women. This want some one time deal. And he keep just getting his hand slapped. Then his camp pulls press credentials of people who question him about it.

I understand he's been accused before, but again, he did his time, now the media wants him to apologize for what he's done, or try and have the Nevada commission suspend his boxing license. I think that's ridiculous, who does he owe an apology to? He paid his debt, and it's funny all this noise wasn't being made by these female reporters the four fights prior to Mayweather/Pacquiao, now all of a sudden they have a major issue with him being allowed to fight? They obviously want the press.

Rich athletes can, and often do get away with this kind of thing. Sad. I hope there is a special area in hell reserved for the kind of scum who beat on women or children.

I don't care if Mayweather beat one woman or seven women, he did his time and none of us actually know what really happened. The man can box and that's all I care about.

What's funny though, while everyone is complaining about not purchasing the fight because he's a woman beater, the woman he beat was sitting front row wearing a diamond ring the size of my head :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I agree. No one was there, not sure if anyone can fully respect him outside the ring, but inside he is one of the best.

:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

I heard another comparison that was good: This was akin to watching an MLB no hitter, but instead of the pitcher racking up 18 K's the other team just hits soft grounders to the infield and lazy fly balls all game.

He's exploiting the points system. It is a smart move, even if it's not great for the casual observer. If this was a big enough problem, then the guys who establish regulations could always re-think how they score fights. A lot of this talk reminds me of wrestling (the real, amateur variety). There, a huge chunk of the guys who are really good don't go for the pin, but are trying to beat their opponents on points. And I'm sure that approach isn't the most appealing to casual observers either, but it is what the sport is at this point.

I guess it isn't great for the sport as a whole, but it feels like boxing was on its last legs anyway since the sexier, more exciting UFC stuff has co-opted boxing's audience.

last big financial fight for Boxing I reckon. The sport can now rest in peace. I still can't fathom how the hell these guys make so much more money than the top UFC guys.

GG Golovkin at 160 is the new fighter to watch, boxing will never truly die, it has a low ebb from time-to-time. There are lots of great fighters and fights to be made. Heck boxing is on free tv on Saturday nights on NBC, Spike, and FNF is still going strong. If anything it's the UFC that needs to come up with some compelling personalities and fights of late--oh yeah and they have some less than savory characters emerging in that sport too...

last big financial fight for Boxing I reckon. The sport can now rest in peace. I still can't fathom how the hell these guys make so much more money than the top UFC guys.
Big boxing fights will always destroy UFC fights in $$$$, while its popular I doubt you will ever see all the celebs that you see at big boxing fights nor the hype. I will gladly watch any good big boxing fights, UFC meh.

oh yeah and they have some less than savory characters emerging in that sport too...
I think it's unavoidable in sports like those, where many guys start out in bad situations--little to no money or social support, few educational opportunities, and few positive role models growing up--scrap and claw their way to the big time, but bring the values of the underclass with them. Only when they're rich and famous, they feel more entitled, and have more people lining up to be exploited by them. Sadly, spousal abuse is a scourge on low income communities everywhere, but it's one of those things society doesn't really care enough to seriously resolve.

I think it's unavoidable in sports like those, where many guys start out in bad situations--little to no money or social support, few educational opportunities, and few positive role models growing up--scrap and claw their way to the big time, but bring the values of the underclass with them. Only when they're rich and famous, they feel more entitled, and have more people lining up to be exploited by them. Sadly, spousal abuse is a scourge on low income communities everywhere, but it's one of those things society doesn't really care enough to seriously resolve.
Not to mention you don't get into violent sports unless you have at least some draw to violent acts. While yes many can control it not all of them can.

I would say football has the most of these "less than savory" characters. I think ppl that don't anything about mma automatically assume there are a lot of "less than savory" people in that sport just because it is violent. It's a incorrect stereotype.

Back