Maul's Shipping Box - WHY!?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can totally imagine Fedex guys kicking the box down some stairs. Or at least dropping it a few times. "Oops." Seriously though, why doesn't Sideshow just use standard generic shipping boxes like every other company does? Doesn't it just cost Sideshow more money to customize their boxes? The only box that matters is the one on the inside.

Darklord Dave said:
I was kidding, but it could be a serious factor for collectors, perhaps respected executives, who are forced (because of the signature rule) to get their packages delivered at work thus giving the doorman something to blackmail him with at the Xmas party.

In all seriousness, there is NO WAY IN HELL that I would ever get a box like that delivered to work. I can imagine the looks from clients in the lobby or people that work in our office.:horror

elwood49 said:
In all seriousness, there is NO WAY IN HELL that I would ever get a box like that delivered to work. I can imagine the looks from clients in the lobby or people that work in our office.:horror

Don't most lawyers have their own little dirty secrets anyways? I think you getting a SW item will rank below the office issues. LOL ;):naughty

It is nice to get a semi annonymous package. I don't mind the sideshow name on it, but I wouldn't want a huge picture of the item on the outside. And if it was purchased as a surprise gift for someone in your house...well, I can think of alot of reasons not to have it but very few reasons for it to be on there.

jlcmsu said:
I believe your correct Tom. Hey, look nobody stole it either. LOL:wacky

didn't know? this was the only one from 10 boxes that came back home :D :D :D
That's why they could take photos from the brown box :rolleyes:

Why are you afraid your shipping guy is gonna laugh at you?

I once went to pick up a package at the post office and when the clerk comes out she's holding a box with the words Mattell "Lingerie Barbie" on the side, it was a shipping case for them.

There was a whole line of people there seeing me get it. I can't even remember what it really was , but I didn't care, I KNEW it wasn't a lingerie barbie so I opened it right there on the spot so everyone would know it wasn't a barbie!

(I'm a mid 30s guy BTW). I was in that post office several times a week as I had a PO Box there and I just wasn't going to have them thinking I had a lingerie barbie collection!!!! After all, I'm a serious beanie babie collector!!! J/K :wacky ted

JustinLuck said:
I can totally imagine Fedex guys kicking the box down some stairs. Or at least dropping it a few times. "Oops."

Yeah, the scene from Ace Ventura comes to mind a lot when I think about UPS or FedEx.

Fed Ex usually tucks my boxes in the back of the house out of sight, so I'm not _too_ worried about what's pictured on the outer packaging...but I agree that I don't see much point in advertising the box contents so plainly. I'd rather see all my $$$ go into the product itself.

The Maul bust looks terrific, BTW. :banana

I really don't care if anyone sees what I have coming to me... I've actually taken some of my figures to work to show them what I'm into and why I plunk so much cash for these things. Most people have seriously been interested and not so dismissive once they actually looked at them.

I once had a full set of Stormtrooper armor mailed to me at work, made for quite the funny day... Everyone loved the looks of our old patients as they see us playing around with this Trooper helmet.

Any delivery guy who drops stuff off at my house can clearly see through the door.... my entire collection.. They never say a thing... And even if they did I really wouldn't care. I love them, my girlfriend loves them... so... I'm good. :naughty

But I still think it's a bad idea... Just for the theft issue and damage.. Some people might see it on your doorstep before you get home and start to get curious. :horror

Having a shipping box, with a big bold pic of what I'm getting smack-dab on the side of it, being stolen would be the least of my worries if I had to constantly worry about packages being stolen. That would be a sign that I need to get my **** together and move to a better neighborhood.

The Maul bust looks damn awesome! I'm beyond happy that I focused on Sisdeshow's higher-end, higher quality product, rather than just getting MR rehashes. Kudos SS! :)

Getting stolen is not my concern. But Fedex and UPS usually don't know what's in the package. But if they do know, they might treat it differently...

So some here would be fine having these dropped off at work? Great pics Bannister. :rock

greyhulkbox0wc.jpg

juggbox1bi.jpg

NASEDO said:
The Box Screams "Kick me I'm worth money". All the Fed Ex guys are going to have fun Beating up Maul.

I don't like this idea either. So know it comes with an art box outside the real art box.

Sorry Guys, but when I saw the first picture, I laughed my ass off and went, Nuh Uh!

Then I read this post... and i HAD to do the following pics.
Any other old school gamers out there remember this from Metal Gear / Nintendo 8-bit???

MG-1.0.jpg
<p>
MG-2.0.jpg

<p>
MG-3.0.jpg

Don't let it fall in the hands of a Jedi, that would be my biggest worry. How many are there at FedEx?
Seriously, I wouldn't care. Why? It's not like it illegal.....

The Beast box would be pretty funny to get at work. "uhmmm yea I ahhhhh yea uhmmmm I'll talk you all later."

Back