Maul's Shipping Box - WHY!?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now Sideshow is like ordering some sex toys in the mail...????????lolll...I think its more a matter of having afraid to get the box stolen than the geek factor....

that is one worn out box. :google

i prefer a discreet box too for the reason of it having a lesser chance of being stolen. of course this wouldn't happen much if shipped directly from sideshow. if it was really lost, you will get compensated anyway.

the thing is if you are buying from another person, the seller would most likely ship via domestic post. and then even if it was shipped via courier, i had read stories from members here whom had silly postal guys leaving the parcels unattended in front of their houses etc...

so i think the last thing many would want is for the boxes to shout come take me home anybody! :D

Collector Freak said:
UGH!!!! I hate shipping boxes like this. I don't need to announce to the world what I have shipped to me. That huge picture of Darth Maul isn't exactly discreet.
In the future, Sideshow, please DON'T print anything that is not necessary on the outer shipping box! :banghead

Why are you afraid your shipping guy is gonna laugh at you?

Among others... YES!

What's wrong Collector Freak? Are you still insecure with your collecting?:wacky

Don't worry what people think about you. As long as your happy who gives a #$@*.

I do agree that the box looks horrible. :dump

Darklord Dave said:
I'm so glad I didn't order this. It's bad enough that the name is printed clearly on everything without a picture as well.

Youre glad you didnt order this because of how the outer shipping box looks? thats pretty sad because the maul bust looks amazing!

I'm a closet collector. I've always been afraid of the persecution I'd face if I came out. I know "my people" are more widely accepted now, but I still don't feel like I should announce it to the world.

:D

For what it's worth, I'm not in favor of advertising what's in the box. I don't care if people where I receive the package know what I'm getting but what concerns me more is the shipping people knowing what's in it.

A) Fed Ex Warehouse: Ha Ha, Look at this dork ordering a Star Wars figure. Let's kick the crap out of the box. I hate those losers.

B) Fed Ex contract driver: Hey I love Star Wars. Here's a Maul figure. I think I'll just fake the persons signature and say I delivered the box.

Those are just hypothetical scenarious. Any reference to an actual shipping company is totally coincidental. :naughty

Fritz said:
For what it's worth, I'm not in favor of advertising what's in the box. I don't care if people where I receive the package know what I'm getting but what concerns me more is the shipping people knowing what's in it.

A) Fed Ex Warehouse: Ha Ha, Look at this dork ordering a Star Wars figure. Let's kick the crap out of the box. I hate those losers.

B) Fed Ex contract driver: Hey I love Star Wars. Here's a Maul figure. I think I'll just fake the persons signature and say I delivered the box.

Those are just hypothetical scenarious. Any reference to an actual shipping company is totally coincidental. :naughty
So I guess those scenarios only apply to those Fed Ex people who cannot read....Since the name and contents are printed all over the SS shipping boxes anyway. :rolleyes:

Actually, I don't think FedEx themselves are bad. The main problem is the final delivery contract drivers they use. Then again, some people have problems with USPS and others with UPS so just ignore my babbling. :eek:

I was kidding, but it could be a serious factor for collectors, perhaps respected executives, who are forced (because of the signature rule) to get their packages delivered at work thus giving the doorman something to blackmail him with at the Xmas party.

Not that this has happened to me....

The only reason I feel bad about announcing what's in the box is that I have it delivered to work. At my job there is upper Management and everyone else. If I hadn't got promoted to upper Management, I'd never be able to afford SS stuff. But I have a lot of friends and they were already a little bitter when I got a big raise and to me this seems like rubbing it in their faces.

Darth Loki said:
The only reason I feel bad about announcing what's in the box is that I have it delivered to work. At my job there is upper Management and everyone else. If I hadn't got promoted to upper Management, I'd never be able to afford SS stuff. But I have a lot of friends and they were already a little bitter when I got a big raise and to me this seems like rubbing it in their faces.

Ha! Let them eat cake...

The Box Screams "Kick me I'm worth money". All the Fed Ex guys are going to have fun Beating up Maul.

I don't like this idea either. So know it comes with an art box outside the real art box.

Doesn't matter to me what is on the box. The neighbors see my house, my car and what I wear. Could care less of what they think of my "toys".

I recieve all my packages at work as well. It's the only way to convienently deal with their signature policy. That being said I would prefer that the shipping boxes were completely blank.

With the volume of stuff I have arriving people begin to wonder........

Jesse

Back