Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mattel Movie Masters Thead

let me rephrase that: "it's not like little kids should be watching TDK"...just because your mom let your siblings watch TDK doesn't automatically make it suitable for kids 10 and under. I know kids nowadays are more mature (so society says :rolleyes:) however, if that's the case then that just proves my point with not making kiddy batman figures with stupid oversized weapons and so on.

M.

I agree with you totally :peace

however, if that's the case then that just proves my point with not making kiddy batman figures with stupid oversized weapons and so on.

I agree toys should be made for both kids and collectors. I NEVER liked my action figures with stupid, over the top weapons. I've always preferred movie accuracy to sheer stupidity. I don't get why Hasbro and Mattel think kids are stupid. They're not. They see the movie, they want what they see in the movie. Or was I the only one? My black Batman Returns figure and the blue/gray one were always my favorites as a kid. I hated all the other ones I found in toy aisles.

I agree toys should be made for both kids and collectors. I NEVER liked my action figures with stupid, over the top weapons. I've always preferred movie accuracy to sheer stupidity. I don't get why Hasbro and Mattel think kids are stupid. They're not. They see the movie, they want what they see in the movie. Or was I the only one? My black Batman Returns figure and the blue/gray one were always my favorites as a kid. I hated all the other ones I found in toy aisles.

Nope, I was and still am that way too. I really don't get why they think kids want Neon Batmans and more Batmans instead of getting other characters and villians. Sure Lucius and Alfred wouldn't be big sellers, but I bet Gordon would have at least in his SWAT outfit.

let me rephrase that: "it's not like little kids should be watching TDK"

I don't think so. If we were talking about Watchmen, then yeah I'd agree with you, but not The Dark Knight. It's no worse than anything we watched as kids, especially compared to alot of the 80's movies that came out.

To kids that watched the film, the movie was all about Batman vs. The Joker. I doubt they caught the "complexities" of it all. Just like Batman before it, if The Dark Knight came out when I was a kid, it would have been the Batman movie I had to see and I would have been all over it.

No blood, no foul language, Batman, Joker, Two-Face, action, explosions, of course kids younger than the 13 year old rating watched it. Before or after the movie I'm sure they bought the figures and merchandise too.

Hey guys, I need some help quickly!!:confused: I accidentally broke the head of my MM Joker. I've already glued it, but I want him to move the head again... Anyone have a suggestion to glue it, but keep the head movement? Thanks a lot!:D

Hey guys, I need some help quickly!!:confused: I accidentally broke the head of my MM Joker. I've already glued it, but I want him to move the head again... Anyone have a suggestion to glue it, but keep the head movement? Thanks a lot!:D

Go out to your TRU this weekend. Buy another one and get two more for free. They're having a sale on them.

EDIT:

Oh you're in Brazil. It's ruined you need to get another one.

What broke? You can rip the head off and have the joint stay in the neck (this is desired if swapping heads and stuff) or you can rip off the head and the joint comes with the head and out of the neck (this can widen the neck but isn't permanent).

Did you break the joint? if that's the case, yeah, it's broken and you need a new one.

What broke? You can rip the head off and have the joint stay in the neck (this is desired if swapping heads and stuff) or you can rip off the head and the joint comes with the head and out of the neck (this can widen the neck but isn't permanent).

Did you break the joint? if that's the case, yeah, it's broken and you need a new one.

I can't tell if you're talking about the Mattel Movie Master version or the Hot Toys MM one.

While you can take the heads off the MM versions (Batman, the Gotham City Thug, Scarecrow, etc.) sometimes the Joker figures can snap and break, especially the first versions.

If that peg comes out it's broken unless you glue the seam. I don't know what damage was done (is the ball joint broken and stuck in the head?) so unless you have pics I can only assume it's beyond repair and that you need another one.

I've got the head joint stuck in the head. I used my teeth to rip it out. I put the joint back in the neck and a little super glue can narrow the gap in the neck and hold it in place just like new. I have done this to both a Joker and thug because I was impatient and didn't boil their heads enough when ripping the heads off.

But maybe I lucked out. I dunno what to say without pics.

I can't tell if you're talking about the Mattel Movie Master version or the Hot Toys MM one.

While you can take the heads off the MM versions (Batman, the Gotham City Thug, Scarecrow, etc.) sometimes the Joker figures can snap and break, especially the first versions.

If that peg comes out it's broken unless you glue the seam. I don't know what damage was done (is the ball joint broken and stuck in the head?) so unless you have pics I can only assume it's beyond repair and that you need another one.

Hey, guys, I'm talking about the MOVIE MASTERS one. I broke the head from the join, wich is still on the fig. I'll post some pics, but thanks anyway.

kinda funny how joker's are so easy to find now, i mean they are at Big Lots now!

Hey, guys, I'm talking about the MOVIE MASTERS one. I broke the head from the join, wich is still on the fig. I'll post some pics, but thanks anyway.
I also did this to my Scarecrow figure and tried glueing the broken pieces together in a way that the head would still turn, but no joy! It was too loose even after glueing it - it would snap again every time I tried to turn the head. Just bought a new one in the end....

Thanks for all the sugestions guys, but I glue it in a way that I CAN MOVE THE HEAD AGAIN! :chew I'll post some pics soon, it was very easy!:rotfl
To make the day: some pics of the MMs from SDCC:

100_3892.jpg

100_3891.jpg

Much more pics here: https://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=306069&page=128

Can't wait!!:banana

Glad to hear that you fixed your Joker head.

Finally, the final wave is coming. I'll be on their site the SECOND they put them up, credit card in hand. All of them except the Sonar Batman, Scarecrow, and Dent look fantastic.

It's ashame that they ruin those 2-Ups. I'm sure all the originals from wave 1 are long gone now. Look at the Two-Face 2-up's legs. It's either the Jail Cell Joker or the original V1 2-up that ended up getting disfigured. It's beyond me considering they ALREADY had the Two-Face 2-up. Maybe they lost or broke it. Too bad, those are some cool pieces. Wish I could own them.

Anyway, yeah I'll be getting all of them. Depending on the price point I want two at the least. Definately getting one set carded and then another set for duplicates to open.

Glad to hear that you fixed your Joker head.

Finally, the final wave is coming. I'll be on their site the SECOND they put them up, credit card in hand. All of them except the Sonar Batman, Scarecrow, and Dent look fantastic.

It's ashame that they ruin those 2-Ups. I'm sure all the originals from wave 1 are long gone now. Look at the Two-Face 2-up's legs. It's either the Jail Cell Joker or the original V1 2-up that ended up getting disfigured. It's beyond me considering they ALREADY had the Two-Face 2-up. Maybe they lost or broke it. Too bad, those are some cool pieces. Wish I could own them.

Anyway, yeah I'll be getting all of them. Depending on the price point I want two at the least. Definately getting one set carded and then another set for duplicates to open.

Quick post from the hotel.

Looks like the DCUC Clark Kent/Riddler/Two-face body to me. Which would make him in scale with DCUC ,but much taller than the other movie masters if that 2 up would be any indicator. But they did all look great in person.

And anyone see that 12" General Zod? That's got to be good news for this line! Reeves Superman anyone?

Looks like the DCUC Clark Kent/Riddler/Two-face body to me.

Ah you're right. I was just looking at the legs. Wonder why they'd do that when they had this one on display at Toy Fair.

1234035997138do5.jpg

Those look pretty crappy...oh well, they a had good thing while it barely lasted.

M.

They look crappy compared to Hot Toys figures, but I think they're pretty much par for the course for a 6" (formerly) retail line.

Back