Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found an Armored Zod at my local Wal Mart. Love him.

Still no luck finding Faora. I fear she'll be the one I never manage to find and eventually give up on, much like Ra's from the TDKR line.

Found Supes with Key for $40.. just not sure if it's worth it.
Do you guys have detailed pics of it? It's no so clear behind all the plastic.

for 40$ for this figure is overpriced, just wait for when it lowers in price online and grab it then

This is my work in progress movie masters Black Mask. I tried to make him realistic, and so therefore he wears an ornate mask that he is free to remove, rather than having a mask fused onto his face.

He is incomplete, but so far the recipe is:

Masked Head: NECA Death Eater repainted
Unmasked Head: Repainted Spike (from Buffy)
Torso/Arms: DCUC Signature Collection Black Mask
Legs: MM Two Face

And for the coat, the reason it is blue and mismatched is because I am waiting on a MM Ras Al Ghul for a black coat. The blue is just a stand-in.

Before
20130624_141002.jpg

After
20130625_104625-1.jpg

20130625_104743.jpg

20130624_203253-1.jpg

20130625_104711.jpg

20130624_203449.jpg

I still have some paint work to do on the neck of the figure, as it was originally black.

I found an armored Zod at Target yesterday, only MM figure they had. And knowing that it might be tough to find Faora, I bit the bullet and paid $25 for her at a local ComicCon over the weekend.

Having those 2 and Jor-El and regular Supes, I think I've got all I want from this line so far. Not really impressed with unarmored Zod or the shackles or the command key Supes since basically just reissues.

Found Supes with Key for $40.. just not sure if it's worth it.
Do you guys have detailed pics of it? It's no so clear behind all the plastic.

Not at all worth $40.

Last week I saw a Supes with key at Wal-Mart and hesitated, then he was gone the next day. Today I went back and they had two Supes with keys, so I got the one with the better paint on the face.

Last edited:
Not at all worth $40.

Last week I saw a Supes with key at Wal-Mart and hesitated, then he was gone the next day. Today I went back and they had two Supes with keys, so I got the one with the better paint on the face.

It's really fun for you guys having Walmart issuing these figs. :monkey2
Right now it seems all stores in my area have agreed on a $35-40 price point.

It's really fun for you guys having Walmart issuing these figs. :monkey2
Right now it seems all stores in my area have agreed on a $35-40 price point.

Wow, that's crazy. he was $15.99 here and even that was a little steep for his only accessories being stand that isn't big enough and the key.

After TDKR, I thought I had sworn off Movie Masters after the pooish Bane figure they made. However I think the MOS Superman is my favorite figure by them by far, even though I'm not getting anything else from the MOS line.

The hell with it. :gah: :lol

The die-cast command key's really nice anyway.
I wanted it bad enough to pay $40. LOL
(Of course, NC or someone else will make a much better prop replica later down the road)

image3.jpeg

Headsculpt looks better in person than how I thought it would be.
You can tell they're trying to replicate Cavill's likeness. (my pic doesn't do justice!)

image2.jpeg

umm ok these are kinda cool for bootlegs
$(KGrHqF,!okFGo8bLzycBR0HuQnJKg~~60_57.JPG

tempting to buy these off ebay to make a diorama

Back