Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the companies are doing this now too.

We've already had Vintage Star Wars, Kenner Star Wars, Vintage Batman, Kenner Batman, that simple, 3 3/4 - 5 inch figure with 4-5 points of articulation. They've been done.

Other than cost reasons, I have no idea why they're going backwards. This style only works for those cool Re-Action Super 7 Alien figures that are a tribute to the cancelled 70s Kenner line.

The irony of this now is how Hasbro is going to focus on their 6" scale figures and dropping the 3 3/4 line that made them so popular while Mattel is embracing the 3 3/4 line and dropping their "Adult Collector" 6" lines (other than the crappy subscriptions they do).

Hasbro is still making super articulated 3 3/4 SW though, just adding a less articulated line also. The Black series is 3 3/4'' and 6''.

Oh I see,

sdcc2013_hallmark_47.jpg

Yeah, I'll be picking that up.

I guess a lot of people are mad that they dropped the Movie Masters line and the 6" scale, can't say I blame them. Fans have been asking for a 6" Movie Masters Michael Keaton '89 Batman and Reeve '78 Superman for years and instead of getting them, Mattel produces a 12" Reeve Superman doll and a 4" "Star Wars" size Keaton Batman figure.

I didn't know that. That sucks...

Guess we'll never be getting a Begins Movie Masters League of Shadows Ras and Wayne. :(

They're 6 years too late. Who needs these when there's Kenner, Hot Toys and NECA to choose from.

Also, Mattel's 1989 Batman line, along with other "movie mastersesque" lines aren't going to be 6 inches any more. After the 60s figures they're all going to be down sized to 4 inches. So yeah, no interest in these.

It's just sad seeing how the DC license is poorly handled by Mattel. They seem to not notice Hasbro's success with selling toys to both young and old fans. I have to say a Movie Masters treatment for the Batman and Superman movies are long overdue and Mattel seems to not notice this. Instead, more Man of Steel toys that don't appeal to kids.

What's goin' on guys? Been collecting and customizing Movie Masters for quite sometime. I've actually seen a couple of mine on here :)

Figured I'd spill some images out for display:

And a few more:

My main focus had been on 6" Classic DC Movie characters... though sadly it looks like Mattel is going to be serving our classics up in 80's Kenner scale...

Batman 66' gets a 6" line? Well, I hope it doesn't suck.

Back