Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mattel Movie Masters Thead

It almost looks like a 12" figure to me.

That is because the 4 Horsemen sculpts in the 12 inch scale for better detail and fidelity. The 12 inch sculpture (or its parts) are then pantographed down by Mattel's Chinese factories to be produced as 6 inch scale toys for the mass market. Unfortunately, such scaling down means a loss of surface detail, and rarely do "toy" paint jobs do much to help the overall resulting product.

BOBBY

Re: TDK Movie Masters Wave 3

From the new Toyfare. Apparently part of wave 5.

89batman.jpg

I am being hopefully optimistic about this one, but until I see this issue for myself or a better scan of it, I am a little wary. From what we can see, unless this is a rough early mock-up, there are NO articulation lines visible... I hope this is real, but my bat-sense is tingling that it could be a fake...

Look at the Mattel MOVIE MASTERS bar logo thing.....looks a bit PSed.

That is because the 4 Horsemen sculpts in the 12 inch scale for better detail and fidelity. The 12 inch sculpture (or its parts) are then pantographed down by Mattel's Chinese factories to be produced as 6 inch scale toys for the mass market. Unfortunately, such scaling down means a loss of surface detail, and rarely do "toy" paint jobs do much to help the overall resulting product.

BOBBY

Yup, which is why they even offered 12" versions of masked and unmasked TDK Batman, they were the original sculpts.

As for this figure, I lean towards it truly being a MM figure, but I notice a dissappointing detail that hopefully isn't true on the final figure or is clarified in a better picture. The cowl looks to have a rounded base like the Begins suit, but the Keaton suit has flaring batwing tips coming off it.

BOBBY

Heh, I know all about pantographing, how figures are made and such (been in the hobby for over 20 years now :D ). What I meant was it looks like a 12" figure as in fabric clothing, rubber parts etc., not that it looked like a 2-up. And it looks like saint syn and I were right :(

Last edited:

As for this figure, I lean towards it truly being a MM figure, but I notice a dissappointing detail that hopefully isn't true on the final figure or is clarified in a better picture. The cowl looks to have a rounded base like the Begins suit, but the Keaton suit has flaring batwing tips coming off it.

If the pic is true, it looks like the cape is sculpted so it hides the detail of the cowl where the tips would be.

If the pic is true, it looks like the cape is sculpted so it hides the detail of the cowl where the tips would be.

The pic is false, links to the original custom are posted above. Someone made a false image. I'd love to know what the supposed source of the image is, magazing or whatever. Someone went to great lengths to make it look legit.

Damn. Well, here's hoping the line continues and we get MM versions of Bats, Nicholson Joker, Catwoman and Penguin. I'm not a big fan of the old movies, but I love the designs of the old characters. I consider them to be Tim Burton's "Elseworld's", and love or hate Tim Burton, he is a great artist.

For the price of MM figures, I'll take both Keaton Suits, both Kilmer suits and a Clooney just to have the full lineup. I'd like Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler and Two-Face from the old movies as well.

I probably would too. Would be cool to have all the old movie characters on display. A MM Freeze would also be pretty sick.

actually my friend made the image and he said it was done in under 5 minutes on MS paint

It'd be nice if they expanded the Movie Masters line to include the older films, and particularly the Superman movies. I've got the MM DK Batman and Joker, and will likely get the BR Joker and Two Face ... but it'd be nice to have comparable Superman movie figures.

Maybe a line with Routh's Superman, Reeve's Superman, Stamp's Zod, and Spacey's Lex Luthor. You could then expand to Reeve's Clark Kent, Hackman's Lex Luthor, Brando's Jor-El, and Evil Superman (from Superman III).

I'd certainly like a Keaton Batman and a Nicholson Joker ... but I'm questioning how much from the other three movies would be worthwhile. Maybe Pfeiffer's Catwoman and DeVito's Penguin ... Carey's Riddler and Schwarzennegger's Freeze might be a stretch. No way the Kilmer or Clooney Batman, Jones's Two-Face or Thurman's Poison Ivy would be necessary.

SnakeDoc

Man that really sucks. I shouldn't have watermarked these. I thought they were real just like the last ones. Well I'm never trusting my source again.

Damn.

Yeah it sucks. But atleast we have some good news! New entertainmentearth cases anyone?

Wave 5 case,

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTP6167A

1x Joker Thug
3x Batman Proto Suit

Wave 6 case,

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTP6167B

2x Jail Cell Joker
2x Two-Face

Wave 6 Revision case,

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTP6167B1

2x Jail Cell Joker
1x Two-Face
1x Proto Suit Batman

Well if this is true then it looks like we are going to get two "new" figures. Interrogation "Jail Cell" Joker and Proto Suit Batman (which I hope is nothing like the Begins proto figures from 2005). My only gripe? The case assortments, mainly the one for the Wave 5 case. Three Proto Suit Batmans and only one Bank Robber Joker? What are they doing?

DiFabio
man i hope we get those figures
i'd love the jail cell figure and i loved the proto suit from Begins
the way it looks when it's not yet painted black, looks great

but for serious, WHERE BE THE RA'S AL GHUL?

Back