Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm taking a break from the high end stuff for a few reviews, and checking out the new waves of DC Universe Classics. Tonight I'm starting with wave 18 and looking at Bronze Tiger, Samurai, and Toyman. I love the Tiger, but the other two are certainly reasonable as well.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

I'm taking a break from the high end stuff for a few reviews, and checking out the new waves of DC Universe Classics. Tonight I'm starting with wave 18 and looking at Bronze Tiger, Samurai, and Toyman. I love the Tiger, but the other two are certainly reasonable as well.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

good review :clap

I assume this is the thread for DC Direct figures that are roughly the same scale as DCUC. Found these at my LCS today ...

jl-classic-icons-group.jpg

Bought the Batman and Superman. They're actually really impressive. Clearly based on the Jim Lee versions of the characters.

SnakeDoc

I suppose there should have been a DC Direct action figures thread but since it's dying out anyway, it's too late to start one now.

Bought the Batman and Superman. They're actually really impressive. Clearly based on the Jim Lee versions of the characters.

SnakeDoc

I think these are actually reissues of the Alex Ross Justice figures with more generic head sculpts and different paint jobs. They turned out nice enough, I suppose, but these are the same four characters DC Direct does over and over and over. Why they needed another batch of slightly retooled figures is beyond me. It's another symptom of the deep problems DC Direct has right now.

Modded my golden age Joker to make him closer to the golden age art work of Bob Kane.

goldenagejoker001.jpg

goldenagejoker002.jpg

The hat and shoes are from the DCUC Question figure and the gun is from one of NECA's T2 Arnold figs.

Bought a set off ebay and just got them today. I only wanted/needed the Super Powers colored Mr. Freeze so Im giving the Batman and Joker to my son for his birthday. But the Joker is a lot better than I thought he was going to be. Kinda makes me want to keep him for myself. But I dont need another Joker. :lol

Nope, they are retoolings of existing figures, the GL is the Alex Ross figure.
The Jim Lee Superman has a smaller shield and a stylized "S". The figure's "S" shield damn near touches his bicep. For Wondy, the headband is larger and the eagle breast plate runs the entire chest area and the belt is more stylized. Jim's Hal for the past four years roughly has had the Reis styled "badge" for his GL symbol where it is raised and doesn't lay flat on the costume. Nerdy, yes but the Batman figure I believe was posted to be the Andy Kubert Batman and Son version repainted. They do have new headsculpts though.

Mattypalooza announced...

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_search_results.php?strShow=30&strRec=3485

Friday, July 22
1:00-2:00 Mattel: Mattypalooza 2011: Masters of the Universe Classics, DC Universe, Ghostbusters, Voltron, and More!— Are you a Matty Mattel fan? Head over to this year's Mattypalooza to get all the latest info on your favorite Mattel collector lines and MattyCollector.com. Featuring a special Q&A with Mattel toy designers Bill Benecke and Brandon Sopinsky, Mattel brand managers Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich, Danielle McLachlan, Rhobyn de Jesus, and Natalie So, and guest starring The Four Horsemen. As a bonus, Matty, the original Mattel collector, may even make a live appearance to reveal secrets for the upcoming Masters of the Universe 30th anniversary! New toys will be shown for the first time! Room 25ABC

Finally received my wave 17 from CSC. Scarecrow has to be the best figure of the lot but Black lantern Jordan's face is just AwesoME!! paint app on it is just phenomenal. I did change out that ugly purple cape.
Picture156-1.jpg

Picture157-2.jpg

Whatever the heck happened to the Legion 12 pack? with current prices rising on the DCUC figures, I'm afraid this will break the 200 price point.

Back