Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The actual packaging looks good, when closed it looks like the Legion tower. looks like we're one figure short of release.

1311238322-203.jpg

Swift - Yeah, I finally got that.

Sorry, AFI moved their pictures around so my pics disappeared.
Here's a part of the figure lineup with the case, I'll look for the old one.

1311327188-30.jpg

Okay here it is...
1311238322-203.jpg

1311238322-204.jpg

Also, gryphx1 - the super power stands have come in. Looks just like the same ones included in the DCUC and works just fine.

Picture169-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's official. Wave 20 is the final retail wave.

WAVE 20
Flash 2 White Lantern
Sinestro Crops Sinestro
Red Arrow
Dove
Hawk
Reverse Flash
Green Arrow

And that's it. From that point on it will be all Matty exclusives. God help us with those.

Nope, though that could always be one of the Matty exclusive oversize figures. Good luck getting it though. Matty's website is one of the worst I've ever dealt with.

granted Matty collector sucks but for many people finding these waves at retail was a giant pain in the neck. The crappy part is of course only 9 figures plus the 3 over sized figures. And the choices suck, I suspect Black Lantern Swamp Thing will win (which is great for Mattle all they have to do is re-paint the current swamp thing)

Honestly, I don't care at all about any of those four options. I'm certainly not buying the subscription either, the wind up being forced to buy several figures I probably won't want. So far, of the three announced, all I really want is Atrocitus. I think I'll just try my luck.

So far I like the characters announced, so I'll probably get the subscription. Wave 20 is quite a weak wave with very little new tooling going on. But hey that's mattle's way of doing things.

So it is definite that mattel has cancelled the Line?

or are you confusing the fact that Mattel is also presenting a subscription plan that will contain exclusive figures that will not be available to regular retailers?

Dammit!! Screw Mattel. I think this line just died for me. I didn't like the whole idea of a subscription line and I certainly don't like being forced into one. But I'll be damned if I buy a subscription service that actually charges $20.00 per figure when they just announced that it was $15.00.

It was fun while it lasted. Rest in pieces DCUC!!

Hello, Hot Toys!! I have an extra 500.00 on my yearly toy fund!!:D I guess I can afford that Batmobile and Iron Monger now.

Dammit!! Screw Mattel. I think this line just died for me. I didn't like the whole idea of a subscription line and I certainly don't like being forced into one. But I'll be damned if I buy a subscription service that actually charges $20.00 per figure when they just announced that it was $15.00.

It was fun while it lasted. Rest in pieces DCUC!!

Hello, Hot Toys!! I have an extra 500.00 on my yearly toy fund!!:D I guess I can afford that Batmobile and Iron Monger now.

Indeed! I was only in this line for the Super Powers characters anyway (well them and a select few other DC favs of mine like Swampy) and since I've gotten all except a C&C Doomsday I'd say it's been a good run. I'll hold out hopes that we may get a new Doomsday eventually but if not oh well. I won't lose sleep over it.

I was at the panel. DCUC is NOT cancelled. It is being rebranded and changed a little to reflect the DCnU, although Nietlich, Beneke, and MacLachlan basically said it would be a mix of reboot designs and "classic" and "Modern" designs. Some fan demanded characters like Atrocitus and Jay Garrick will be part of the subscription program and sold on Matty Collector (as long as people subscribe). They also said the Batman Legacy line could continue indefinately as long as people are buying the figures.
Bottom line: six-inch DC Universe figures designed by the Four Horsemen, Bill Beneke, and other in-house designers will still be sold at retail, and they will not all be DCnU designs.

Well, that's good news. I don't care what they call it as long as they're indistinguishable from style and size to my DCUC collection. I will have to wait for some photo releases.

Back