Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually this is good news as the May 15th order card is LOADED!!! Would have been nothing but the Red Screen of Death for many many customers.

I, for one, am glad they moved it.

dude you were gonna get slammed with that damn red screen any month. But now your gonna have to fight tooth & nail for server band with with all the MOTU yahoos. June's server is gonna crash & burn like the Hindenburge. :fireworks

THE HUMANITY.......THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!

The Last group - I wasn't too happy with Negative Man. I don't know why they had to make a variant of him when they could have easily made a pop-off face like Cyclotron. I actually thought that was the original design. Wondergirl - This figure isn't all too bad. Good face sculpt, great work on the hair. BUT why did they cast the rope? It just looks lame to me.
Picture121.jpg

Finally the CNC figure- Trigon. I am actually surprised by this figure. One may think that they re-used Atom Smasher's buck but they re-sculpted the body and did a great job on it. The face is cast in a softer rubber and I just love that Ugly face. The cloth cape threw me off; didn't know about that but it is a cool surprise. Also, as you can see it is a poseable cape.

Hope you guys get yours soon, it is a great addition to what is turning out to be the ultimate Dc toy line.

Hey, did you know you can pop off the face off your regular Negative man too? I won't ruin the surprise. Might change your mind!

*EDIT: crap, nevermind. I just realized it is the variant that has a pop off face under the burnt one.

dude you were gonna get slammed with that damn red screen any month. But now your gonna have to fight tooth & nail for server band with with all the MOTU yahoos. June's server is gonna crash & burn like the Hindenburge. :fireworks

THE HUMANITY.......THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!

I don't think so...this May 17th sale is gonna be worst!!!!!

They are launching their FIRST large format MOTU figure, Tytus, which is NOT part of the MOTU monthly subscription. So EVERY FRIGGIN MOTU collector is gonna be on the page trying to score that fig...even the subscription guys :horror

At least, as far as I know, June doesn't have any non-subscription MOTU figures being offered for that sale date. So at least you won't have to contend with all those guys.

Edit: Of course Keldor, She-Ra and Faker are due for June as well but June is also the supposed production increase for the MOTU stuff and I think at least She-Ra or Keldor is a subscription fig and Faker is a re release.

But there will be lots of MOTU folks on as you mentioned but I think with the increased production numbers, it may not be as bad as the competing with the Tytus crowd imo

Last edited:
kobelover - that's the reason I was so disappointed with the NM figure. A standard buck body with an awful bandage sculpt with no surprise. Total Fail.

David dunn - I will say this about trigon, The new body sculpt on this figure is easily comparable to earlier Bowen sculpts. The muscle work on the pectoral muscles, abs and ribcage are top notch.

I think the logistical problem is as you say, Lee. I think Mattel knows that their servers will be overloaded this month. Wave 5 may not necessarily run out quickly but having the DCUC fans on at the same time will really bust their chops.

kobelover - that's the reason I was so disappointed with the NM figure. A standard buck body with an awful bandage sculpt with no surprise. Total Fail.

David dunn - I will say this about trigon, The new body sculpt on this figure is easily comparable to earlier Bowen sculpts. The muscle work on the pectoral muscles, abs and ribcage are top notch.

I think the logistical problem is as you say, Lee. I think Mattel knows that their servers will be overloaded this month. Wave 5 may not necessarily run out quickly but having the DCUC fans on at the same time will really bust their chops.

Why didnt you get the variant? It's friggin awesome! :chew

I don't think so...this May 17th sale is gonna be worst!!!!!

They are launching their FIRST large format MOTU figure, Tytus, which is NOT part of the MOTU monthly subscription. So EVERY FRIGGIN MOTU collector is gonna be on the page trying to score that fig...even the subscription guys :horror

At least, as far as I know, June doesn't have any non-subscription MOTU figures being offered for that sale date. So at least you won't have to contend with all those guys.

Edit: Of course Keldor, She-Ra and Faker are due for June as well but June is also the supposed production increase for the MOTU stuff and I think at least She-Ra or Keldor is a subscription fig and Faker is a re release.

But there will be lots of MOTU folks on as you mentioned but I think with the increased production numbers, it may not be as bad as the competing with the Tytus crowd imo

Cluster%^ck no matter when they launch it!:mad:

Right on! Now let's check on E-bay prices and see if they dropped the crazy 450.00 price tag.

Went back to CSC to pick another item and decided to snag the variant since the original is such a let down.

Got my set today from ETC. I ended up being WAY more excited for Trigon than I anticipated. He oozes 80's evilness. No breakage or mixed up parts to report, but HOLY FREAKING WARPED LIMBS! My Superboy's arms were shoved into the package with his biceps rotated the wrong way and not bent, so I had to boil and straighten. Annoying, but an easy fix. Ended up with the Negative Man variant, which made me happy cus I love an excuse for a skull face and it's nicely done. my Donna has sleepy eyes, but what bothers me more is the spots of glue on her hairline that I had to scrape away. All in all, not a lot of excitement in this wave character-wise, but the execution as always is top-notch.

And btw, I will not open Cyclotron. I won't do it. I WILL NOT get sucked in to the dorky Kenner-created characters from SP! He and Modern Cheetah go on the pile to be sold along with SP Steppenwolf.

Swift - Trigon was cool, huh! Like you, I wasn't expecting to like the old boy but he just won me over. I bought the extra variant yesterday and wouldn't you know it some idiot glued that mask on the skull. Arrgh! I'm going to have to work on it tomorrow. I don't want to have to go back to CSC to return it, too lazy.

Indeed Jester, I had no clue Trigon would turn out so cool! I think it was the lack of knowledge about the character and the cloth cape, which I understand now and appreciate the fact that they put the wire in so it can be posed. That blows about your NM's mask. Good luck with getting it off, maybe try the freezer trick?

I didn't mention before that I'm stoked to be one character away from completing the Legion Of Doom, too. The classic Cheetah is perfect (purr-fect? couldn't help it) and has a smug, B-movie pulp villainess expression.

Mattel should work towards a more unified Titans instead of the "Titans Forever" time-crossing team we have now, by the way.

yo check it out! this is the alledged UPC# for the new DCUC two packs Batman/ Robin & Black Manta/ Aquaman.

be advised I have not had the chance to confirm this, but it was posted by Degra over at TNI, & as much as I hate that turd I must give him props. His info is almost always right.

I wonder if NM's face is actually suppose to come off. I had to cut away the 3 slots on the side of his face to get the skull to reveal. They glued that sucker good.

Picture134.jpg

i don't know why Aquaman is going up. I was able to get mine by popping off the head from Aquaman blue to Orange.

I hope for your sake the glue holds on the top tab, because otherwise there'll be nothing to hold the mask on.

Yeah, it's odd that Classic Aquaman is going up in price. And I thought $30 for mine was a bit much a few months back. Yeesh.

Cyclotron is AWESOME!!!! All the SP figs are. And for you purist, these character redesigns were done by the man himself, Jack Kirby! This was requested by Kenner and technically, they did appear in comics...the Super Powers series back during the time the SPs line was being produced. Not really a bad series. Just as good as the Giffen/DeMatteis 80's Justice League.

So swiftlikessharpthings, let the warm feeling wash over you and enjoy those cool figs :)

The regular AM is going up in value cause it was short backed in the original release and Mattel has yet to include him as an All Star figure. :rolleyes:

Back