Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lee in MI and I are ordering a set only for the BL, so we will offer up all the extras here at cost for anyone who's game. Only catch: we want to make the order. Nothing more.

I know this doesn't belong here, but I don't think it rises to the level of making a new thread:

Does anyone have a link to a photo of the SDCC exclusive Batman Brave/Bold set?

I know this doesn't belong here, but I don't think it rises to the level of making a new thread:

Does anyone have a link to a photo of the SDCC exclusive Batman Brave/Bold set?

If I'm not mistaken, there is no Batman Brave and Bold SDCC exclusive. The Brave and Bold exclusive is the DCIH Justice League set from the "Brave and Bold" comic title:

https://www.freewebs.com/collectables-info/JLA 1960 number 28.jpg

I could be wrong on this but I think this is what you are referring to.

Too lazy to go back and check and figured this would be the place to ask, has the GL 5 Pack been released to Wal Marts yet?

Too lazy to go back and check and figured this would be the place to ask, has the GL 5 Pack been released to Wal Marts yet?

No, and 3/5 of the figures haven't even been shown off. Its still months away. I'll be sure to PM you when they start hitting though. And if its anything like the first 5 pack, it won't be hard to find after the intial shipments. Heck, I can still get the current 5 pack at just about any walmart near me. Plus they did put them on the website so that helped too.

Yeah, Walmart has re-stocked their original walmart 5 after a few months of hiatus from the shelves.

bbts, CSC and ETC are all soliciting listings for wave 16 as well as GREEN LANTERN CLASSICS!!! :yess::thud:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that they'll be in scale with DCUC proper and give us a corrected Sinestro within the first 6 figures.

AWESOME.

For some reason e-tailers have the line-ups and more info but can't give out the lineup (and I'm assuming pics) until July 25th. Same with wave 16 and this week's upcoming wave 15 reveal on the 15th.

Yeah, theFwoosh is all ablaze about it and speculation afoot.

I'm sort of torn on the issue of if the websites, who already know the line ups btw, leak the info, they have to have this great fear of alienation from the manufacturers. BUT, if Amazon and Walmart leak the waves, no big deal? There is an interesting conversation going on over there about what to say and what not to say. Plus they have members who know the line up, but are only dropping little hints here and there, which is their business. But why is it the website's responsibility for keeping it's members from leaking the list? Are the websites here to serve us, or the manufacturers? Why are the websites (the little guy) more repsonsible than the corporations like Amazon and Walmart? I know it's a double edge sword, but the websites, like this one, are successful because of the people who run it and the fans who frequent it. They have no fiduciary responsibility to the manufacturers to police their members. If a member knows something from say...a souce in Asia, why should the website be responsible if they spill it on the boards? What do you guys think? Do these fan boards serve its members, or the manufacturer/corporations?

Last edited:
Yeah, theFwoosh is all ablaze about it and speculation afoot.

I'm sort of torn on the issue of if the websites, who already know the line ups btw, leak the info, they have to have this great fear of alienation from the manufacturers. BUT, if Amazon and Walmart leak the waves, no big deal? There is an interesting conversation going on over there about what to say and what not to say. Plus they have members who know the line up, but are only dropping little hints here and there, which is their business. But why is it the website's responsibility for keeping it's members from leaking the list? Are the websites here to serve us, or the manufacturers? Why are the websites (the little guy) more repsonsible than the corporations like Amazon and Walmart? I know it's a double edge sword, but the websites, like this one, are successful because of the people who run it and the fans who frequent it. They have no fiduciary responsibility to the manufacturers to police their members. If a member knows something from say...a souce in Asia, why should the website be responsible if they spill it on the boards? What do you guys think? Do these fan boards serve its members, or the manufacturer/corporations?

They serve the manufacturers...we're just lab rats who the manufacturers look in on from time to time :rolleyes:

:goodpost:

Well said, DCFett and Lee. It's aggravating that the little guy gets dumped on when someone privy to info can't keep their talkhole shut but Amazon and Wal-mart can do whatever they want.

Still gonna get the figures though...:angelsmil

Ok, couple of things. Can some one PLEASE PLEASE post a link to BBTS GL classics.

2nd is Matty has FINALLY listed wave 13 on their site!! For those of you who want it & have not bought it PLEASE PLEASE buy it from Matty! Mattel has been harpping about the boxset not moving & threatening to cancell the boxset sales if sales don't pick up. Frankly I smell a mind trick & a bluff but let's err on the side of caution.....*talks like Mr Macky*...mmm-kay.

Dude, I cannot find it on BBTS anymore. It was called "To be announced", but that search doesnt bring anything up.
U can try ETC or CSC.

Edit: My bad. Looks like Matty managed to get ALL the websites to take the sales down for now as well as obliterate the threads on Fwoosh!
Wonder if Buttmunch got a call to remove the GL wave thread here? It's still up for now though.

END CORPORATE INFLUENCE IN AMERICA...AND FAN FORUMS!

Last edited:
Back