Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just putting the new wave on the shelves and discovered this:

Picture139.jpg

Yikes! way too tall to fit in with the rest of the kids. Beast Boy, kid flash and robin use the same base body. I think I may just have to group him with my Supermen instead.

Well, I got the impression that he was roundabout 16 years old when "Superboy" first appeared. That Kid Flash and Robin are, I have assumed, around 13 years old (though admittedly, I know almost nothing about this red Robin). And Beast Boy was always a runt.

I still don't understand why we get 13 year old Wally, 16-17 year old Donna Troy, apparently fully grown Cyborg, etc. But whatever.

Yeah Nightwing should be in his mid-late twenties now and Robin is around 18 or so now. I think the height difference isn't that bad since Tim Drake seems to be a short kid in the comics. Well the ones I've read. Haven't read a comic with Robin in it since before RIP. Anyway these figures look good.

Anyone know of any good online stores I could find the GL series?

Tim's grown up now (literally) in the books now as he's been Red Robin. 5'8'' now, and if Grayson is 5'10'', they should be closer in height now. but yes, that Superboy is too tall. i'd like the black ribbed shirt and jeans version of Superboy :)

That's what i thought, too. I initially thought that Tim and Conner were of the same age. Anyway, Drake is listed as 5'5" so he should be almost close to Conner's height.

Yeah Nightwing should be in his mid-late twenties now and Robin is around 18 or so now. I think the height difference isn't that bad since Tim Drake seems to be a short kid in the comics. Well the ones I've read. Haven't read a comic with Robin in it since before RIP. Anyway these figures look good.

Anyone know of any good online stores I could find the GL series?

What GL series? :confused:

Maybe he's asking about the Walmart GL 5 pack, which is not out yet. Or, Wave 11, it did have 4 gl-related figures.

I'm thinking of customizing more figures but I'm hoping mattel is not planning any similar characters...I don't think they'll be doing black lanterns anytime soon. Nekron - I can use Deadman as base body and just add some milliput for details..Also, converting a John stewart to an Abin Sur, just sand and re-paint. Finally, I want to do a Red Robin but using an adult body instead of a teen.

Last edited:
Was just putting the new wave on the shelves and discovered this:

Picture139.jpg

Yikes! way too tall to fit in with the rest of the kids. Beast Boy, kid flash and robin use the same base body. I think I may just have to group him with my Supermen instead.

This sucks but according to Mattel, all the characters are drawn at different heights according to the particular artist. And remember, the DCUCs line is considered Mattel and the Four Horsemen's "interpretation" of the DC Universe...

Ok...that is bull____...on their part...:thwak

Mattel clearly has no _ucking ideal what they are doing when it comes to the Teen Titans. Don't forget Starfire was on an adult body and so were the WONDER TWINS :horror They are just using excuses cause they totally screwed the scale on this sub-set.

That Robin costume should be on the Sinestro/Superboy body and the Superboy should be on the current Robin body. The Tim Drake Robin that should be on that tiny body (current Robin body) should be the Tim Drake costume with the karate shoes:

Tiny body (current Robin):

https://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/robin.jpg

Teen body (current Superboy):

https://eldiariodebrucewayne.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/robin-tim-drake.jpg

Superboy:

Tiny body (current Robin):

https://comicrelated.com/graphics/teamup_temp_fourcolors_clip_image057.jpg

Teen Body (current Superboy):

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/CWDPEZ/SURVHvsV/TU_Superboy-Superman.jpg
Just a little smaller than Superman

In their defense, all have been drawn differently but clearly they have been asleep at the wheel when it comes to developing this team...both in terms of scale and eras.

The real sad part is they may never get a chance to go back and correct the issue due to lack of demand or simply lack of effort to fix it. I think the TTs will always look odd when it comes to DCUCs :monkey2

They did make an Abin Sur you know.

Yeah, i have been trying for months to get a hold of him for a cheap price but I haven't been able to snag one. I figured it's not that difficult of a build and I have parts to spare.

I agree, I don't think mattel will re-do these figures to get things into scale. Unless they do the 80's version with classic nightwing costume and his contemporaries.

I wonder if NM's face is actually suppose to come off. I had to cut away the 3 slots on the side of his face to get the skull to reveal. They glued that sucker good.

I'm going to open the one I bought from CSC and see if it's stuck too. If it is, I'm going to boil that f'er till it comes off. CSC will replace figures for manufacturer defects tho...in case you feel like running back up there. It was $20 bones after all. Just call 'em and see what they say.

yo check it out! this is the alledged UPC# for the new DCUC two packs Batman/ Robin & Black Manta/ Aquaman.

be advised I have not had the chance to confirm this, but it was posted by Degra over at TNI, & as much as I hate that turd I must give him props. His info is almost always right.

I did come across these at HB Walmart today. Someone had tampered with one of the B&R sets, but didnt take anything. Robin is out of place with his bands cut. Maybe they got caught trying to steal it. I picked up the AM & Manta set. Left one of those, the busted B&R set, and one B&R set that looked to be intact. There was also a whole case of Wave 12 case 1.

This sucks but according to Mattel, all the characters are drawn at different heights according to the particular artist. And remember, the DCUCs line is considered Mattel and the Four Horsemen's "interpretation" of the DC Universe...

In their defense, all have been drawn differently but clearly they have been asleep at the wheel when it comes to developing this team...both in terms of scale and eras.

The real sad part is they may never get a chance to go back and correct the issue due to lack of demand or simply lack of effort to fix it. I think the TTs will always look odd when it comes to DCUCs :monkey2

It is very sad. I dont have THAT big a problem with it (runs for cover) BUT it would have been nice if they would just start the TTs over or do a MattyCollector box set correction. I dont think the Robin/Superboy look too bad together, but I do agree that THAT Robin needs to be more in-scale with THAT Superboy. I get the feeling that the TTs arent somebody's insert Scott Neitlich favorite DC team or they wouldnt be as f'd up as they are.

Yeah, I saw both 2 packs this weekend. At $30 for repaints with less than all of their original accessories was a pass for me. The Aquaman set almost got me, but then I noticed Manta didn't have his trident. So I'm not paying the new price tag on these to get less than what the original figure came with. Plus those had C&C parts, and these don't, so that makes them even a poorer value.

I'm still wondering if they will ever lower the price of the DCUC two packs. They are just sitting there rotting where I am. It's kind of dumb that the Marvel Legends two packs right next to it have more accessories are are a full ten dollars cheaper. I really don't want those at all though.

I needa clayface.

I think Mattel is thinking of they slowly increase the price of these to MotUC prices, we'll still pay them. But I for one have stopped getting full waves if I don't want most/all of the figures becauase of the price hikes. Before, I might get the figure for the C&C piece and maybe decided to keep it because it was a fun figure, even though I didn't know much about the character. And now, if I don't know about or like the character, it doesn't get bought. I'm only getting Cheetah from 13 because of this. I might have to cave and buy all of 14 to get the Humanite, but who knows after that :dunno

BM - I hope you're wrong about mattel hiking up the prices. There's only so much I can spend. Plus, looking at my wall of DCUC figures, I can almost say, "Enough"
I am currently collecting the DC Blackest night figures, DCD 13 inchers, Ironman2 3.75 and the Alex Ross Justice line and certain Hot Toys figures. I want to sell off my MOTUC figures but I am afraid of losing too much. An extensive price hike and I might switch my collecting interest to another of these lines.

Unless they cough up a Swamp Thing, I'm just about done with this line, meaning figures from new waves. I still need a few from previous waves, but refuse to pay e(vil)bay prices. If I don't get them, oh well.

I grabbed an Aquaman/Manta 2-pak this weekend 'cause I really like the new paint on Aquaman but I've been spending way too much money lately and may end up returning him. Thirty bucks is a lot of cash for a couple of repaints. I did find a red Mary Batson today so I'm close to catching up. :yess:

BB

Back