Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they're making an animated Old Bruce in the JLU line. Did he ever show up in the comics? I remember seeing Batman Beyond in an issue of Superman/Batman, but not Old Bruce.

I read about that, apparantly they used the Batwing from the Animated Series instead of the Flying Batmobile from Beyond itself.

Just be good to have an old Bruce in that line so the look is consistent is all

Its gonna be hard to get here too, theres no KB Toys near me at all. If KB Toys gets it in their online store do they ship outside the states? If they do it shouldnt be too much of a problem

Old Bruce would be sweet but he better come with his cane and dog

Be good to see a whole line done with the greater attention to detail that seems to be standard these days. The original line was somewhat lackluster. That and I don't feel the need to own a lime green ninja strike Batman (admittedly I have no idea if that particular version exists but you see my point)

This is a very nice line, I wish Mattel would do Marvel, their sculpt and paint are much better on a mass market toy than Hasbro.

Darkseid doesn't need to be any bigger than the DCSH one already released. That would keep him in scale with the rest of the new gods.

Doomsday, agreed but not Darkseid he's not THAT big.

Agreed completely. I don't know where this consensus comes from that Darkseid needs to be 2 stories tall, but a shrimp the figure is not (it's taller than Supes and was tall enough that it had to be packaged with the knees bent) and is just the right size as he was portrayed in comics for so many years.

darkseid007we9.jpg

I guess it started when Mike Turner, may he rest in peace, drew him that way in the Superman/Batman comics.

The Superman TAS/JLU cartoons are a good example of his height. Big, but not ridiculously so. Making him a giant just turns him into stereotypical alien bad guy whos super powerful and strong because he physically looks that way. I find him much more threatening to have all the power with out looking so obvious about it. Much like Superman himself. As far as Lobo is concerned, he wasn't really supposed to be that size either. Just a side effect of having to use the Despero BAF mold.

Last edited:
.....Damnit.
I may go back and get that darksied. I has a question. Wil we see any of the characters released in the DCUC line if they already had figures in the earlier line ( the one that Darksied is from?) Or do i need to track down the cyborg superman from that line, as well as joker, and Darksied, and etc?

One thing more, the "oversized" look for lobo also works in a way, due to the "musclebound oaf" that lobo is intended to look like, which plays down his massive intelligence. It's one of my favorite things about him.

.....Damnit.
I may go back and get that darksied. I has a question. Wil we see any of the characters released in the DCUC line if they already had figures in the earlier line ( the one that Darksied is from?) Or do i need to track down the cyborg superman from that line, as well as joker, and Darksied, and etc?

Cyborg Supes is being rereleased in a 2 pack with Mongul to Toys R Us. I imagine Joker will be remade as he is in need of an update.

I think that it's due in January next year.

The idea is to re-release the hard to find figures in two packs as they go :-

Batgirl/Azreal

Cyborg Supes/Mongul

They'll resculpt the Joker...Cy Supes will be a while before we see a new one but hopefully along with the re-release, they will find a spot to re-paint him in his Sinestro Corps get up!:banana

I was looking at my dc superheroes Joker and I dont think its that bad but definatley needs an update

Back