Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, it would be really really hard for me to not buy extras of Movie Skeletor and He-Man (if that is actually what they have planned). My feelings on the movie swing back and forth but I've always loved those costumes.

Any guesses as to what approach these rumored movie figures would take concerning their sculpt? Would repainting Karg be good enough or do fans want a properly scaled Karg?

Any guesses as to what approach these rumored movie figures would take concerning their sculpt? Would repainting Karg be good enough or do fans want a properly scaled Karg?

I would assume, if they are being released as part of the Classicized line, they'd be similar to Blade in terms of translating a movie look to toy form. I think a repainted Karg could be interesting. But, I hope they don't bundle him in with other figures I want that are more unique. I love the comic-look Karg. That's enough to represent the character for me.

me personally, I have no interest in the (awful) MOTU Movie figures,but A Lundgren and Langella Skeletor I'd probably get. No interest in the other characters. Mattel failed on that movie on so many levels.

me personally, I have no interest in the (awful) MOTU Movie figures,but A Lundgren and Langella Skeletor I'd probably get. No interest in the other characters. Mattel failed on that movie on so many levels.

Canon failed the movie not Mattel. The movie was going to be huge. There's enough epic concept stuff to fill a book. Canon were proper gangsters and backed out of paying their half while the movie was in production. Hence things like Iceland shoot getting cancelled etc. There's a whole documentary on Netflix about it.

Canon failed the movie not Mattel. The movie was going to be huge. There's enough epic concept stuff to fill a book. Canon were proper gangsters and backed out of paying their half while the movie was in production. Hence things like Iceland shoot getting cancelled etc. There's a whole documentary on Netflix about it.

Eh, Mattel signed off on it anyway. The movie barely represented the world of MOTU and then just added new characters when they already had a whole library to use from.Poor costumes on top of that and another movie trying to copy Starwars in some way. What got made is the final product, not what could have been,because that's not what we got.

I saw the documentary on youtube and still wasn't impressed.

Eh, Mattel signed off on it anyway. The movie barely represented the world of MOTU and then just added new characters when they already had a whole library to use from.Poor costumes on top of that and another movie trying to copy Starwars in some way. What got made is the final product, not what could have been,because that's not what we got.

I saw the documentary on youtube and still wasn't impressed.

I felt the tonne of the movie was quite good but yeah, twas all a bit too Star Wars and a departure on the character designs.

I felt the tonne of the movie was quite good but yeah, twas all a bit too Star Wars and a departure on the character designs.

I am sure we both want to see a good MOTU Movie that has all our favorites in it, along with the characters looking close to the characters we know. Who knows if that will happen.

I am sure we both want to see a good MOTU Movie that has all our favorites in it, along with the characters looking close to the characters we know. Who knows if that will happen.

Director Neil Blumkamp posted this on his twitter feed recently...for some reason. To me anyways this is very much what I feel the movie should look like...which is not far off from the box art which I believe is what most folks want.

Du4CdjmVYAIyqOd.jpg

Director Neil Blumkamp posted this on his twitter feed recently...for some reason. To me anyways this is very much what I feel the movie should look like...which is not far off from the box art which I believe is what most folks want.

View attachment 440328

I am digging that...looks like the box art as you said. Yeah,that's what we want, doesn't mean we will get it. Look at Bayformers and crappy GI Joe films, they never got it at all.

I am digging that...looks like the box art as you said. Yeah,that's what we want, doesn't mean we will get it. Look at Bayformers and crappy GI Joe films, they never got it at all.

Ah ya see in many ways it's good that all those crappy interpretations got made first and in the way that they did as folks hated them. Bumble Bee has what 10mins of footage of original looking designs and thats the one fans (and critics) liked the most. TMNT and GI Joe are both getting reboots and I will bet good money those will be far more true to source...as that just seems to be what sells.

The guys on Collider keep saying Lord of the Rings meets Star Wars. I would personally go more 300 meets Ragnarok.

Ah ya see in many ways it's good that all those crappy interpretations got made first and in the way that they did as folks hated them. Bumble Bee has what 10mins of footage of original looking designs and thats the one fans (and critics) liked the most. TMNT and GI Joe are both getting reboots and I will bet good money those will be far more true to source...as that just seems to be what sells.

The guys on Collider keep saying Lord of the Rings meets Star Wars. I would personally go more 300 meets Ragnarok.

I saw the beginning of Bumblebee and the G1 renders was definitely more like it should of been

As far as the GIJOE reboot? They are calling it a millennial approach reboot- uh NO THANKS!

TMNT reboot- I am sure they will screw that up too with even bigger Hulk-turtles

MOTU needs to stick to the source and I am not talking cartoon. I want the Barbarian/Conan version of He-man (1982-83) before the 1984 Filmation cartoon ruined him with his alter-ego Prince Adam.

MOTU needs to stick to the source and I am not talking cartoon. I want the Barbarian/Conan version of He-man (1982-83) before the 1984 Filmation cartoon ruined him with his alter-ego Prince Adam.
LOL, that's like someone resenting the 1987-1996 Ninja Turtles cartoon series because it deviated from the original comics. I'm sorry, but those cartoons are the reasons there is any interest for a movie to be made (He-Man or TMNT).

That seems to be the thinking, since it's something that took a while for them to work on. So either the rights for the 87 movie or technically complicated figures I suppose.
Any chance the new figures might be from the 200x cartoon instead of the movie? They might have come up with new bucks to match the cartoons style.

LOL, that's like someone resenting the 1987-1996 Ninja Turtles cartoon series because it deviated from the original comics. I'm sorry, but those cartoons are the reasons there is any interest for a movie to be made (He-Man or TMNT).

While it's true the cartoon propelled the toy line, considering the cartoons are just 20 minute toy commercials, He-man did just fine without the cartoon. 1982-1983 did just fine without Prince Adam

This is He-man to me

While it's true the cartoon propelled the toy line, considering the cartoons are just 20 minute toy commercials, He-man did just fine without the cartoon. 1982-1983 did just fine without Prince Adam

This is He-man to me
I hear ya, but you might be in a slight minority on this one. Most people know about the Prince Adam / He-Man transformation. & I could safely say that most existing fans would want to see that translated into a movie.

I hear ya, but you might be in a slight minority on this one. Most people know about the Prince Adam / He-Man transformation. & I could safely say that most existing fans would want to see that translated into a movie.

I definitely am...but that's my kind of Masters to me

I saw the beginning of Bumblebee and the G1 renders was definitely more like it should of been

As far as the GIJOE reboot? They are calling it a millennial approach reboot- uh NO THANKS!

TMNT reboot- I am sure they will screw that up too with even bigger Hulk-turtles

a thought, Millennial would be folks born in 80 onward, and likely grew up watching gi-joe cartoons. We grew up watching those cartoons, and He-man in reruns.

We're in our 30's now. So i get the feeling that calling it " a millennial approach reboot" means appealing to us.

Considering how much the G1 stuff in bumblebee resonated with folks, I think we're going to be getting a truer to the original material Gi joe.

if that means comics, or cartoons? Don't know. I'm hoping for a mix of both.

and I'm expecting a new MOTU film to bank hard on nostalgia as well.

Back