Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Teela figure is terrible. It's warped and and the paint is not good. It's the worst figure made by Mattel in my opinion.

That's not just an opinion but pretty much a fact at this point. I just cannot imagine why people are defending this figure. If they can let this figure get to the production stage it makes me think what else will Mattel let slip through.

That's not just an opinion but pretty much a fact at this point. I just cannot imagine why people are defending this figure. If they can let this figure get to the production stage it makes me think what else will Mattel let slip through.

Well there are many who would say that all art is subjective. I happen to think that's it's just something morons say to defend their lack of taste and observational skills.

While it is really bad that Mattel let that figure through quality control, I am not gonna let it tarnish and otherwise amazing high quality and rather large line. :)

Probably pointless posting this here but just in case....

HeManWorld.com, Rainbow Cinemas and Commissionaires – Great Lakes are working together to coordinate a toy drive for the children of SYRIAN REFUGEE FAMALIES. As part of Canada’s commitment to accept 25,000 Syrian refugees, Ontario is welcoming a number of refugee families — many of whom have young children. This special screening of the 1987 Masters of the Universe movie is doubling as a Toy Drive to offer toys to Syrian Refugee families. Attendees are encouraged to bring a new stuffed animal, boardgame, or toy to donate to the drive. I was very happy to be asked to provide a new lobby poster (a revision of one I did before). So if you happen to be in Taronto on Wednesday, January 13 at 9:30 p.m. go see He-Man on the big screen as god knows when we will see him again, Tickets only $6! Good Journey.

View attachment 236673

That's a great movie poster and a great cause.

That's a great movie poster and a great cause.

Thanks and yes, I think it's a good cause too.

Actually, this is kind of a bucket list thang for me...kinda...sorta...

12466324.jpg

Yeah it's not a new movie, yeah it's just a charity event but it's still my art on a movie poster, in a big theatre....a long side Star Wars no less.

So MgG is now down to direct the new MOTU movie. I happen to think he is a good action director which is a major positive for an action fantasy but the main issue is the script. If McG can direct from a good script, we might be ok.

Not to be a Debbie downer Eamon, but I gave up on the MOTU movie long ago. It seems to be stuck in development he!! and I think it has missed the boat on rebooting 80's franchises. Transformers, GI Joe, and TMNT have all had multiple feature films and I have to think that if a studio believed in MOTU it would have happened by now.

The Transformers movies were terrible. The GIJOE movies were terrible. Pretty much every other movie based on old toy lines has been terrible.

A Masters of the Universe movie WILL BE TERRIBLE. I think the original Cannon film is pretty good though.

Seems like a very difficult movie to make right. You either skimp on the CG or the story...having both would be super expensive. With all the other 80's reboots, they seemed to just settle on the former. I personally think TMNT came closest to having both but that's very debatable.

I just hope we get more 200x figures out of the line before it wraps up for good. A second mini sub would be excellent and not out og the question since it seems to be the most universally loved by a lot of fans so it could happen. I would love a Prince Adam and Randor done in that style for sure.

MOTU is a pretty tough movie. Properbly the most difficult from all those 80s franchises due to all this sword & sorcery stuff. The 80s movie showed them how to not make it. It wasnt all bad, but the removed so much of the orginal story that it could habe been pretty much every other space invader franchise. But it also had gret parts (Skeletor for example).
A new MOTU movie must take place on Eternia. I really dont want it to be some stupid GOT copy. Id rather prefer a LOTR style. Give me 3 parts. Part 1 would be the beginning 200X based. Part 2 will feature the Snakemen and the return of Skeletor. Part 3 Ultimate Battleground. If the movies are succesfull you can always add another movie such as SW E1-3 featuring the story of Randor and Keldor or a She-Ra spinnoff...

Anyway... Wont happen... :dunno

MOTU is a pretty tough movie. Properbly the most difficult from all those 80s franchises due to all this sword & sorcery stuff. The 80s movie showed them how to not make it. It wasnt all bad, but the removed so much of the orginal story that it could habe been pretty much every other space invader franchise. But it also had gret parts (Skeletor for example).
A new MOTU movie must take place on Eternia. I really dont want it to be some stupid GOT copy. Id rather prefer a LOTR style. Give me 3 parts. Part 1 would be the beginning 200X based. Part 2 will feature the Snakemen and the return of Skeletor. Part 3 Ultimate Battleground. If the movies are succesfull you can always add another movie such as SW E1-3 featuring the story of Randor and Keldor or a She-Ra spinnoff...

Anyway... Wont happen... :dunno

I like what you are thinking but would prefer Hordak over the Snake Men.

Not that it would ever happen but i would also prefer if this was carted more toward adults. They fight with swords, i want blood.

Well the good news is that it's being reported that McG is looking the 200x cartoon as a reference. This is a good thing but we must mention the earth connection with Marlena Glenn.

I always felt the movie should open up with Marlena Glen crash landing on a funky weird planet and then have her as the reference point or narrator.

Well the good news is that it's being reported that McG is looking the 200x cartoon as a reference. This is a good thing but we must mention the earth connection with Marlena Glenn.

I always felt the movie should open up with Marlena Glen crash landing on a funky weird planet and then have her as the reference point or narrator.

I always thought the opening would be cool to have Tytus and Megator punching it out over Greyskull...like a 20 minute pre-eternia prelude before the He-Man story

The Transformers movies were terrible. The GIJOE movies were terrible. Pretty much every other movie based on old toy lines has been terrible.

A Masters of the Universe movie WILL BE TERRIBLE. I think the original Cannon film is pretty good though.

-The costumes were decent , Skelly and ELs in particular

-I liked Kevin , Julie & Lubic

-I liked the new blood : Blade , Saurod , Gwildor.....it wasn't nessesary to always use Orko , in fact I think the toon used him too much when there are other characters to explore. Beastman genuinly terrified me as a kid , the school scene was straight out of a horror movie :horror

-Langella was among the best things about it

-Amazing soundtrack , actually makes the movie better

-A vulnerable HM , a HM that could actually die (kinda like Daltons Bond)

-I see it as a fish out of water kinda movie

-Had this been animated then I bet I'd be more praised :monkey3

Anyway , if they made a series of films then I would like to see origin of Laser HM & Skeletor perhaps in the final movie.

Was thinking of picking up the He-Man and Skeletor, but not after seeing that. I know it's all about minimal detailing but the face looks odd to me too, almost as if he's had a botched plastic surgery :thud:

Uh... Can I just buy the Prototypes that were on display? What the heck happened?! :slap

Back