Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw the announced line up for the Third Earth sub:

Lion–O (07/16)
Jackalman (08/16)
Pumyra (09/16)
Club-exclusive: Mumm–Ra (09/16)
Panthro (10/16)
Grune (11/16)
Jaga (12/16)

There's only about 20 figures I'd want from Thundercats and those are all on my list. If the reveals at Toyfair look good then I'll probably sub.

Just saw the announced line up for the Third Earth sub:

Lion–O (07/16)
Jackalman (08/16)
Pumyra (09/16)
Club-exclusive: Mumm–Ra (09/16)
Panthro (10/16)
Grune (11/16)
Jaga (12/16)

There's only about 20 figures I'd want from Thundercats and those are all on my list. If the reveals at Toyfair look good then I'll probably sub.

The offer for the sub is all I'm waiting for.

Hi

Just to check if anyone has a MOSC MOTU classics tri klops willing to let go, please PM me. Thanks.

Are you talking about the filmation/2.0 figures? Do you know when the day of sale is?

Lord Masque is $30.....day of sale was supposed to be $27.....Subscribers are supposed to pay $24

Filmation we pay $20 and day of sale is supposed to be $25.........they have changed their price story

Probably pointless posting this here but just in case....

HeManWorld.com, Rainbow Cinemas and Commissionaires – Great Lakes are working together to coordinate a toy drive for the children of SYRIAN REFUGEE FAMALIES. As part of Canada’s commitment to accept 25,000 Syrian refugees, Ontario is welcoming a number of refugee families — many of whom have young children. This special screening of the 1987 Masters of the Universe movie is doubling as a Toy Drive to offer toys to Syrian Refugee families. Attendees are encouraged to bring a new stuffed animal, boardgame, or toy to donate to the drive. I was very happy to be asked to provide a new lobby poster (a revision of one I did before). So if you happen to be in Taronto on Wednesday, January 13 at 9:30 p.m. go see He-Man on the big screen as god knows when we will see him again, Tickets only $6! Good Journey.

MOTU-Toronto-One-Sheet.jpg

Eamon: I can tell you the chicken feet and the size was a 4HM decision. They prefer the design of the Talon Fighter as it is seen on the model kits rather than then then toy one.

Then that's unfortunate. The model's feet were probably designed flatter because it wasn't meant to perch on the top of anything, whereas the toy's feet are in a clasping position to add stability while perched on top of Point Dread. I'm disappointed the 4H didn't take that into account. At any rate, I feel the classics play set was engineered poorly and suffers from some poor design (4H and Mattel Design) decisions. Furthermore, I see it as a perfect example of what we can expect from mattycollector moving forward.

Probably pointless posting this here but just in case....

HeManWorld.com, Rainbow Cinemas and Commissionaires – Great Lakes are working together to coordinate a toy drive for the children of SYRIAN REFUGEE FAMALIES. As part of Canada’s commitment to accept 25,000 Syrian refugees, Ontario is welcoming a number of refugee families — many of whom have young children. This special screening of the 1987 Masters of the Universe movie is doubling as a Toy Drive to offer toys to Syrian Refugee families. Attendees are encouraged to bring a new stuffed animal, boardgame, or toy to donate to the drive. I was very happy to be asked to provide a new lobby poster (a revision of one I did before). So if you happen to be in Taronto on Wednesday, January 13 at 9:30 p.m. go see He-Man on the big screen as god knows when we will see him again, Tickets only $6! Good Journey.

Bites tongue, doesn't want to say something that will SURELY offend folks.

Bites tongue, doesn't want to say something that will SURELY offend folks.

Stupid to post even this comment. If you have anything to say either do so or shut up at all.

Back on MOTU:

I have ordered a few pieces at Cyber Monday:

1.) Talon Fighter / Point Dread

Personally I am very pleased with the Talon Fighter. The size is very nice and it doesnt feel cheap. I also like the design. I was never a fan of the original feet so I see the new ones as an improvement. Personally I would have prefereda less bird feet look, but I am ok with them.
Point Dread is just the right size for me too. However the walls feel a little thin and cheap, but I can accept the value being focused on TF.
Teela is pretty much the worst MOTUC figure ever. Bad mold, terrible paint, no quality check. Better not add figures to vehicles anymore.

Summed up I have paid 144 allin and I feel I got a good value for my money just because TF is so awesome. PD and Teela are more or less nice to have. :)

2.) Castle Grayskull

Has been send back by customs. Matty customer service is working on a solution.

3.) MOTU Giants

I have ordere 2-Up He-Man and Skeletor. They are nothing for me. Will most likely sell them for what I have paid. I have a few issues thT I will have to clear with CS before though...
Also got 2 Standor and 1 Dekker. Dekker will be displayed with alternate headsculpt. Standors will be used for customs.

All in all I am very happy with what I got for now. Also the customer service is really doing a good job for me at the moment. Yet I have never had anything negative to report. In 8 years we have dealt 4 times and they were always great and found a solution for my issue. :)

Stupid to post even this comment. If you have anything to say either do so or shut up at all.

Back on MOTU:

I have ordered a few pieces at Cyber Monday:

1.) Talon Fighter / Point Dread

Personally I am very pleased with the Talon Fighter. The size is very nice and it doesnt feel cheap. I also like the design. I was never a fan of the original feet so I see the new ones as an improvement. Personally I would have prefereda less bird feet look, but I am ok with them.
Point Dread is just the right size for me too. However the walls feel a little thin and cheap, but I can accept the value being focused on TF.
Teela is pretty much the worst MOTUC figure ever. Bad mold, terrible paint, no quality check. Better not add figures to vehicles anymore.

Summed up I have paid 144 allin and I feel I got a good value for my money just because TF is so awesome. PD and Teela are more or less nice to have. :)

This seems to be the public opinion but I was watching a Youtube channel and the "reviewer" defended this Teela and said it was a good figure. Is there anyone here that can find any reason, other than the obvious sponsorship sway, that can say why this is a good figure?

This seems to be the public opinion but I was watching a Youtube channel and the "reviewer" defended this Teela and said it was a good figure. Is there anyone here that can find any reason, other than the obvious sponsorship sway, that can say why this is a good figure?

I guess some people just don't have as sharp of an eye/aren't bothered by imperfections. I don't actually own the figure, but from what I hear, it looks better in hand than it does in ultra close up shots online. I don't think that if you just had her sitting on your shelf 10 feet away that the flaws would really matter.

Or maybe it's a matter of relativity. If you compare here to some of the other MOTUC female figures, there's no way you can say she's at that level. But on her own, or maybe compared to the Toy Biz Marvel Legends female figures, she's perfectly passable.

What on earth could you have to say about this little event in Canada that would offend? I am actually at a loss here. Please enlighten us.

Why that clown is still around boggles the mind... *sigh*...

Really cool event and poster Eamon! Congrats!!
:rock!

The lack of information from Matty is really pathetic... Say what you will about ToyGuru, but at least he had the balls to post about things mostly openly...

Back