Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does seem fishy. The only reason I'm not bothered is I'm not buying any of them.

I am also not buying these, but I agree with Eamon. All this is, is a money making scheme between Val and Mattel. The super high price point on these was originally justified because they were advertised as a limited run, but clearly the sale of these figures is nothing more than a pre order, and there is no legitimate reason to price them so high. It's just another cut and dry case of feeding off of that "must have" mentality that many toy collectors have. I'd get a Camo Khan if not for the blatant rip off pricing and the ties it has to PowerScam.

I love that we're getting a Green Granamyr and Red Beast Man is my least favorite of the three but I am getting them all. Preorder is locked and loaded. It will be nice to get them next year and already have them paid off. I wish I could go to Power-Con but airfare to LA is really expensive.

I am also not buying these, but I agree with Eamon. All this is, is a money making scheme between Val and Mattel. The super high price point on these was originally justified because they were advertised as a limited run, but clearly the sale of these figures is nothing more than a pre order, and there is no legitimate reason to price them so high. It's just another cut and dry case of feeding off of that "must have" mentality that many toy collectors have. I'd get a Camo Khan if not for the blatant rip off pricing and the ties it has to PowerScam.

The prices are way to high and make no sense whatsoever. If Strobo can sell for $25, why is Camo Khan selling for $45? That is a huge mark up.

The prices are way to high and make no sense whatsoever. If Strobo can sell for $25, why is Camo Khan selling for $45? That is a huge mark up.

Val is counting on the completist and vintage collector to pay for these figures no matter how much they are. I think $45 is probably the safe zone where it's priced high, but not too high where most collectors will refuse to pay for them.

Yup, same here. No taxes is ages actually.
Are figure coming faster these days or is it just me? I got Dark Seed and the rest on friday. That's about 2 weeks from shipping when it used to be 4-6 sometimes.

Haven't opened any of them yet though I have Han and Chewie Hot Toys. I like to spread out the toy opening days as much as possible. :)

I swear international mail is faster than it used to be. At least in my recent experiences sending stuff to Canada and Europe. Maybe because there's more of it these days so there's less waiting to have enough for a shipment or something?

I think it's definitely faster.

I messed about with the heads this mornin. They all seem a touch too small. Not sure whether to keep them this way or not.
167037ddd03f87a0a3e4d10c3e0cc132.jpg

Clawful and Snout Spout will be definite replacements for me and Sy-Klone is a maybe. I'll have to see about Grizzlor and Roboto in person and I think Buzz-off is staying vintage for my collection.

The Buzz Off head and the Snout Spout head are my two favorites. The Clawful head is a bit more meaner looking, but doesn't really look too much different. The other heads are okay, but I'm going to get rid of them.

Has anybody heard about the MOTU Convention in a few weeks? The guest line up is amazing with Dolph Lungren along most of the movie cast, Bill Stout and loads more.

I would be totally going to this if I could. Curiously enough there is no mention of this in the news of He-Man.org. Given it's a rather big event with such impressive guests, it's odd He-Man.org didn't feel this would be of interest to fans which it clearly is. Make of that what you will.

Mastering-The-Universe-LA-event.jpg
Mastering the Universe: A He-Man and She-Ra Celebration | He-Man World

Last edited:
Has anybody heard about the MOTU Convention in a few weeks? The guest line up is amazing with Dolph Lungren along most of the movie cast, Bill Stout and loads more.

I would be totally going to this if I could. Curiously enough there is no mention of this in the news of He-Man.org. Given it's a rather big event with such impressive guests, it's odd He-Man.org did feel this would be of interest to fans. Make of that what you will.

View attachment 207751
Mastering the Universe: A He-Man and She-Ra Celebration | He-Man World

I didn't realize it was possible to have an incredible MOTU convention without overpriced convention exclusives and non-attendee action figure collectors footing the bill. Inconceivable!

Curiously enough there is no mention of this in the news of He-Man.org. Given it's a rather big event with such impressive guests, it's odd He-Man.org didn't feel this would be of interest to fans which it clearly is. Make of that what you will.

No surprise here. Why would Val want to promote something that is clearly a legitimate and probably better fan gathering than PowerScam.

The fact that it says He-Man World on the bottom might have something to do with it too. :)

I agree with the Grizzlor head being a bit smaller than the original. I used it to create this guy: Frizzlor.

10801612_10204474651655178_508199952166370798_n.jpg

That Grizzlor looks really cool!!
Wow, a lot of pointless hating here... It figures... The return of the Unnamed One automatically brings out the worse in some people...

Oh and the event is posted on the .org too... Just sayin' [emoji57]

Last edited:
It's not in the news section last time I checked kuzeh. You would expect such a big event to be in the news would you not?
If it is mentioned please tell me where.

Back