Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a group on Facebook that sells a tonne of stuff, you might get lucky.

I will be keeping my heads but I am actually not sure if I will change any of them out. I am cool with the vintage heads as they are. I will try it and see how they look.

I'm kind of in the same boat. At a Con this weekend I saw a few of the figures there and thought about buying extras to display them with the new heads. But with the rest of them being the same, I'm not sure if I'd want a second figure taking up space. And I can't see permanently replacing any of them. The only one that would be nice is Snout Spout, I suppose, if the trunk on the vintage one starts cracking one day.

I'm kind of in the same boat. At a Con this weekend I saw a few of the figures there and thought about buying extras to display them with the new heads. But with the rest of them being the same, I'm not sure if I'd want a second figure taking up space. And I can't see permanently replacing any of them. The only one that would be nice is Snout Spout, I suppose, if the trunk on the vintage one starts cracking one day.

I bought a Grizzlor head off ebay. I also bought an extra body to display the head. I'm thinking of crafting a pre-horde Grizzlor, before he was kidnapped and brainwashed and what not.

There's a group on Facebook that sells a tonne of stuff, you might get lucky.

I will be keeping my heads but I am actually not sure if I will change any of them out. I am cool with the vintage heads as they are. I will try it and see how they look.

I kinda like the Snout Spout head and prefer the Clawful head.

I bought a Grizzlor head off ebay. I also bought an extra body to display the head. I'm thinking of crafting a pre-horde Grizzlor, before he was kidnapped and brainwashed and what not.

Grizzlor is kind of cool because he comes with the extra belt to really transform him a bit more. Thats a good point.

Yeah, Grizzlor and Lawful are the ones I will certainly check out. I know Clawful is rather childish looking as was Grizzlor but when you are this age you kinda like the childishness. :)

I like all the 200x head sculpts, but Clawful and Grizzlor are probably the most "essential." Really completes their looks.

When putting the heads on, I really began to miss the earlier MOTUC figures and what got me into the line in the first place. The figures coming out today don't have anywhere near the paint apps or ankle pivot articulation. No unpainted accessories. The paint job on Grizzlor's weapons would have been amazing on Blade's swords. Also, the original Clawful head has a red overapray the new one is lacking.

Was looking to pick up a third Snout Spout. Has anyone noticed that Snout Spout is starting to go for around $40 on eBay? I remember when you could barely get $20 for him...

I know exactly what you mean. If you compare the original Hordak release to the later ones the original release is so much nicer. Airbrushing on the body, lots of paint details and washes/dry brushing. The later ones are all just flat colors.

Anyone interested in trading a Beastman for 3 loose but complete figures? (NA Skeletor w/ BD Faker Head, Grizzlor, and Mossman w/ original and modern heads)

Just got this month's figures, and surprisingly, Buzz Saw Hordak is actually my favorite of the bunch. I really like the more vintage toy like coloring, I think he's going to be my #1 Hordak from now on. Plus the white crossbow looks great.

Mara is probably my least favorite, if only because of the unpainted accessories. That's really becoming a big pet peeve of mine, especially when I look at how nicely the weapons in the Grayskull weapons pack were painted. What used to be a rare occurrence is now becoming a regular thing. Oh, and of course, none of the figures have any ankle pivot to speak of (something else that I think isn't getting enough attention - the joint is there, why not have it be available?).

Yeah, they really need to fix the ankle thing. They over corrected for the weak ankles by making them so stiff you can barely move them.

Got my 200x Grizzlor head today. He's weak **** compared to the original. Also, mattel hacked up the hair in the front something wicked. I thought I got a damaged piece but I looked up photos online and that's just how it is. They tried to clear the hair away from his yellow head piece, but it just looks like he got a bad haircut.

From pics I have seen the fur also doesn't seem to match in color or texture.

I know its totally random but does anyone have a spare staction base they would part with? I totally can't find my grizzlor one. Please pm me if you have any leads.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Back