Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of that. Not even ThreeA who's entire model is based on pay upfront preorders has you pay for convention exclusives a year before the convention (at least I don't think they do).

Weren't we told that PowerCon was paying for the production of the figures in a very grand selfless manner? And no one is bawking or questioning this? I find this really odd given how much scrutiny Matty and it's staff get from folks here.
Not wishing to be unnecessarily negative but I thought folks had pretty good bullshitometers around here?

Weren't we told that PowerCon was paying for the production of the figures in a very grand selfless manner? And no one is bawking or questioning this? I find this really odd given how much scrutiny Matty and it's staff get from folks here.
Not wishing to be unnecessarily negative but I thought folks had pretty good bullshitometers around here?

After the snake form hiss thing nothing surprises me anymore.

we do! but some people around here can't handle talking about it and cry foul when someone points things out.

All that matters is toys.It doesn't matter how they get them or what methods are used as long as they get them.

Yes, we were told that. Some of us have been very vocal about the Power-Con exclusives. Teemu is correct that some fans don't care as long as they get their toys. Many of the ones defending this are attending Power-Con and probably hope to profit off the figures.

I just got the 200x heads, Evil Seed and Mara! All are super awesome! Particularly Mara, wow!
Buzz Saw Hordak is quite meh...
Will post pics soon!

Looking forward to everything but BS Hordak. Seems like a pretty great month.

Yeah the "don't like it don't buy it" that some (not just here) like to use argument doesn't fly really. That's not an argument. That's just something crass to say that dismisses other peoples legitimate concerns. It's a very selfish right wing attidute to have as its' essentially saying "i don't care if it makes you unhappy because I am happy" or "well I can afford it, screw you hippie".

I am not very well off I just had to cough up 190 bucks that I know is going into some one else's pocket who only just recently boasted about them paying for these exclusives out of the same back pocket. Had things been more honest athen I would not have a beef. But much praise was given and grand statements about "doing so much for the fandom" were abound.
Some do happily gobble up BS if it's done with a smile. But when it comes to mine ands others money, I expect full disclosure and where exactly that is going. ie. not a loan which this kind feels like or maybe even is.

That is not a personal attack on any one of you who feel this is too negative a conversation and I for one totally get angry over folks being overtly negative. But do not confuse this with the readily available title of "haters". No one is hating on the toys or those to sculpt these. Please do not conflate legitimate concerns with hating.

With that said, I don't want to dwell on this too long and toy pics are a coming. :)

Last edited:
I'm thinking Power-Con is paying for the exclusives to be produced and they have to have the money up front in order to secure their spot at the factory and pay for the materials and labor. I highly doubt the organization has the funding to pay this cost up front and wait to collect the money from con-goers next June. It's the same reason why they charge you for your Power-Con tickets this far in advance so they can have some revenue to use towards incoming expenses. If the exclusives were funded and offered by Mattel then they have the capital to foot the bill upfront and then charge customers when the product is in stock similar to what they do for their other SDCC and Matty Collector exclusives.

Anyone looking to sell their Demo Man? PM me please! I'll take an incomplete figure. Thanks.

Attachments

• MOTUC_4H_Demo-Man.jpg
    MOTUC_4H_Demo-Man.jpg
    939.7 KB · Views: 118
I love those custom kits you've put together Teemu! You have a Blackstar kit also, right?

I just picked a demo man up from the motuc facebook group. I want to get one of those big mouth orc kits from castleofpower. I think the demo man body would make a great base. Did you get the orc, teemu?

I love those custom kits you've put together Teemu! You have a Blackstar kit also, right?

Yep! I have a Blackstar kit (Sword glows in the dark)...looks so good too!

I just picked a demo man up from the motuc facebook group. I want to get one of those big mouth orc kits from castleofpower. I think the demo man body would make a great base. Did you get the orc, teemu?

didn't get the Orc...I have the Minotaur,Un-named One reveal head, Huf ,Warlord and Filmation Hordak

I'm thinking Power-Con is paying for the exclusives to be produced and they have to have the money up front in order to secure their spot at the factory and pay for the materials and labor. I highly doubt the organization has the funding to pay this cost up front and wait to collect the money from con-goers next June. It's the same reason why they charge you for your Power-Con tickets this far in advance so they can have some revenue to use towards incoming expenses. If the exclusives were funded and offered by Mattel then they have the capital to foot the bill upfront and then charge customers when the product is in stock similar to what they do for their other SDCC and Matty Collector exclusives.

That's totally fine and understandable but it was played like it was PowerCon itself footing the bill which they aren't. We the fans are. I don't like people taking praise and getting big props for something that they are actually not doing. The figures are also over priced so coin is going in back pocket. It just feels a little underhanded is all. But as I appear to be the only one remotely bothered by this, I will drop it now.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to sound dismissive... Sorry!
And believe me, I'm far from "right wing" lol!!
I just think that unfortunately the world of collecting is so complex nowadays that trying to keep up with everything and anything is virtually impossible, and it can get expensive for various reasons...
I'm not too happy about paying almost a year in advance, but I really want the figures so...
I agree they are overpriced but my guess is that the edition size for these guys is rather small.
In any case, I understand some peoples frustration but no need to get worked up about toys methinks!

That's totally fine and understandable but it was played like it was PowerCon itself footing the bill which they aren't. We the fans are. I don't like people taking praise and getting big props for something that they are actually not doing. The figures are also over priced so coin is going in back pocket. It just feels a little underhanded is all. But as I appear to be the only one remotely bothered by this, I will drop it now.

I'm bothered by it too,but it's pointless talking about it among some of the members here (and elsewhere). All is good to them as long as they get what they want,regardless of the tactics

I understand your concerns, but I didn't really get the impression of them tooting their horn too much about paying for the figures to be produced, I only really heard it mentioned a couple times in passing, not a big deal. But sometimes things that I gloss over dig at other people, so I get it.

Honestly, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes there, they could have already paid to have the produced and are using the pre-orders to pay off their investment asap (after all, we do already have prototypes to look at, and while the Horsemen are awesome, I don't necessarily think they're going to do this out of the goodness of their hearts). Could be that it's more of a Kickstarter type model, where the convention paid for the initial costs from Mattel, and now is collecting funding to actually go into production. Could be that the figures are already all finished and are sitting in a warehouse in China.

Honestly, we don't have the full story, and making assumptions without any proof is dangerous. I think you may be blowing this a bit out of proportion, as we don't have the whole story (and bad feelings about other events with the involved parties might be tinging your view a bit). I think it's fair to bring up your concerns, and hopefully someone from Power Con will address them (they've been very good about answering other questions on the forums).

Back