Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow Blackstar was never that appealing to me. However I believe Zombihama offers a pretty amazin Blackstar upgrade for Wundar. If you dl not have it yet, you have to check it out. Btw: Still hoping to get my hands on his CG display one day... :gah:

Me gots a Blackstar (all my current MOTU Classics customs joining the Ranks)

100_7292.JPG100_7293.JPG

Attachments

• 100_6328.JPG
    100_6328.JPG
    910.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_6329.JPG
    100_6329.JPG
    620 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_6322.JPG
    100_6322.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
@Kuzeh, I don't think anything I said is me specifically asking you to "my side" whatever that would mean. People can and do discuss a issue without taking a side. Folks got hurt and it's heartless for you to think what was said in public had no purpose but to serve an ego or have a power trip. ....which is hysterical given the two individuals involved and who is more prone to having power trips.

Honestly, as I said, this whole drama has turned into a "with-me or against-me" from certain parties... I don't want to be part of that...
I have no quarrel with you, Emiliano or Val, or even Scott... I've met all of you and talk to all, personally and via PMs, e-mails and all strike me as good fellas. But, when the internet persona takes over discussing this topics, it gets a bit tricky.
So, let's leave it at that... as I said, if somebody brings the topic up, I will give my opinion, and that's all it is! :duff

You said it yourself you enjoyed me on the podcast yet I was removed without explanation. So that right there has directly effected you as a fan of MOTU. Said drama has made what was once a fun MOTU forum into a not so nice forum. That effects others too. Folks are getting banned, posts edited and even censored. That's why folks are coming here to these forums and truing to Facebook. You would have us ignore the reasons for all that and while I won't participate in these discussions, they should at least be allowed to be had without you coming off like a censor yourself.

I have no way of censoring nothing, I just suggest to move on about the whole Neitlich-gate, or Emiliano-gate as it's one of those things that has no absolute truth and I personally have no interest in perpetuating. Anyway, please don't take this personal, as it's not the case, I've known you for a while and enjoy conversations with you. So, on my end, this is it! :peace and let's agree to disagree!

Having never been to the MOTU forums, I can empathize with mods there having to walk the line between too much or too little censorship for the purpose of making threads bearable. Frankly, this one gets out of hand quite a bit, IMO. But there aren't too many reported posts, and I think those uninterested in the drama just skip the stuff they aren't interested in, but if it were in another section it would probably be "cleaned" pretty frequently, infractions would be given, etc.

Yep, some people don't understand that this is a privately owned forum, like most forums and that the owner/mods will handle it as they see fit...

Thanks you! :)
Only a few months after that fiasco, Mattel started to hire me to do official MOTU artwork. I am a vendor for Mattel much to my delight. One door closes, another opens. :)

Well you will be happy to hear that myself along to two guest hosts will have a one off MOTU special of The Hottoycast where we will discuss MOTU's step into high-end collectibles with PCS, Sideshow and now Mondo. Our guest for this - Stjepan Sejic, Top Cow's main man and the designer of the Sideshow Statues. :)

That's actually really cool man! Look forward to it!

Hey, guys. Question. Is there any best method for taking an motuc figure apart at the waist? Is it possible without breaking the figure?

If you can somehow manage to split the connector waist piece, maybe, but the loincloth always gets in the way...
King Hsss has that feature though...

There's quite a few really good custom sculptors out there who sell their work. The problem is finding ones who are reliable and know how to handle things from a business stand point.

Some of the biggest problems I've heard people have with some are:

- Some lack acceptable communication skills.

- Some have poor organizational skills.

- When the demand rises, they can't handle it.

- Many discontinue items in favor of new projects, even after promising customers they would make good on their order.

I would suggest if anyone wants to buy from a custom sculptor, do a little homework first.

Really nice customs. Are they all done by Zombihama?

I have a few too, but unfortunatly I dont habe my collection on display atm. :slap

Zombihamma is great to deal with...reliable,fairly quick turnover,great kits and paint jobs...you have to supply the bucks and paint the bodies where you see fit and makes sense

In the picture Zombihamma's custom kits are The Ninja Turtle (Tur-tor) I added the weapons and weapons belt,The Unnamed One revealed head, REMCO WARLORD (buck was painted by me).The Minotaur (simple VIKOR body).....HUK (Woolworth knockoff MOTU from the 80's) and The Barbarian (Conan Head)..Cape made by myself

Conan the Barbarian kit by Jim pansen..buck modified and paint by me

Blackstar kit by Alvis underground...Jitsu buck painted by me and added cape

Zombihamma is great to deal with...reliable,fairly quick turnover,great kits and paint jobs...you have to supply the bucks and paint the bodies where you see fit and makes sense

In the picture Zombihamma's custom kits are The Ninja Turtle (Tur-tor) I added the weapons and weapons belt,The Unnamed One revealed head, REMCO WARLORD (buck was painted by me).The Minotaur (simple VIKOR body).....HUK (Woolworth knockoff MOTU from the 80's) and The Barbarian (Conan Head)..Cape made by myself

Conan the Barbarian kit by Jim pansen..buck modified and paint by me

Blackstar kit by Alvis underground...Jitsu buck painted by me and added cape

Nice work, Teemu! I'm ordering one of zombihamma's orc heads for a custom fig. Too bad he doesn't sell that sweet minotaur anymore.

If you can somehow manage to split the connector waist piece, maybe, but the loincloth always gets in the way...
King Hsss has that feature though...

Thanks for your reply; after lots of prying and some reading, I've determined the waist does not disconnect unless I want to snap the peg. I wanted to remove Stratos' loincloth and ultimately found that with a bit of hot water and some pliers I was able to swap it out for the 200x loincloth.

20150716_092841.jpg

For the record - totally up for Blackstar and Silver Hawks. The Silver Hawks and retro look of NA Sorceress is part of why I like her so much. :)

The helmet was definitely part of the inspiration for my Alchemris character in Eon Quest, too.

51fe73_6da33e825dcd4669a0860e58724be2f0.jpg_srz_p_500_700_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg

I want to give a shout out to Kuzeh for sending me the chase figure Spirit Of Castle Grayskull.

Overall a great figure, only whited out the eyes and gave him a new sword.

IMG_0706.jpg

[Edit] Arg, just figured out why my photos look fuzzy, there was a .05 blur being added when converting to jpgs.

New, non-fuzzy photo:

IMG_0735.jpg

Last edited:
I like the white eyes on the GITD KG. I really like that figure. I'm partial to GITD toys anyway, I guess, but the wash really helps make it special.

I want to give a shout out to Kuzeh for sending me the chase figure Spirit Of Castle Grayskull.

Overall a great figure, only whited out the eyes and gave him a new sword.

View attachment 197578

[Edit] Arg, just figured out why my photos look fuzzy, there was a .05 blur being added when converting to jpgs.

New, non-fuzzy photo:

View attachment 197592

You're most welcome dude!!
Looks great!
:rock!

Last edited:
I have yet to get one. Somehow I never make it fast enough to Matty when he is available. Those stupid chase figures have been a pain for me since day 1. Usually I give up and buy them on the secondary market if the price is not that high, but this year ebay prices are outrages. If anybody happens to be online when he is available, please post here. Maybe I am lucky. :lol

Thanks for your reply; after lots of prying and some reading, I've determined the waist does not disconnect unless I want to snap the peg. I wanted to remove Stratos' loincloth and ultimately found that with a bit of hot water and some pliers I was able to swap it out for the 200x loincloth.

View attachment 197511

I have done that myself and also dremeled the feet, which was a pain but well worth the work. As for the backpack I went with the 200x minibust. I plan on doing the other 200x variants of Stratos sooner or later too. :)

I have yet to get one. Somehow I never make it fast enough to Matty when he is available. Those stupid chase figures have been a pain for me since day 1. Usually I give up and buy them on the secondary market if the price is not that high, but this year ebay prices are outrages. If anybody happens to be online when he is available, please post here. Maybe I am lucky. :lol

I am not a fan of chase figures. I think most people think Anti-He-man might be the newest one, which would stink because I think he's awesome.

I'm a big NA fan, myself. Not so much of the cartoon, but I really liked the figures and the mini-comics, after getting over the shock in-store of how different they were. I was really into Star Trek TNG at the time, so it was good timing, bring He-man into space, for me. The 4H have really done wonders with the figures. I love the NA She-Ra figure, too. It makes me wish we could see a NA Man-At-Arms and Teela. But, first I definitely want to get to the figures from the line. Hoove is definitely up there for me. So is Kayo, as he was a pretty major character in the mini-comics.

I'd also REALLY like an NA Sorceress (comic version) some day. One of the few customs I've ever attempted in my life was an NA Sorceress. She was made to fit in with the vintage line. (My sculpting was marginally better than my painting.)

View attachment 197211
View attachment 197212

Wow, I love this, fits right in with the vintage figures!

Back