Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys really weren't paying attention while the sub drive was going on were you? It was said all along that they were going to finish up the vintage MOTU characters that had toys, most/all of the vintage POP that had toys, the remaining A-listers from NA, and then the top remaining characters from Filmation/200X/Mini Comics. Let's take a look at what we know is coming for 2014:

Two-Bad (MOTU)
Glimmer (POP)
Modulok (MOTU)
Hydron (NA)
Blade (MOTU)
Scorpia (Filmation/POP)
Extendar (MOTU)
Battle Lion (200X)
Flogg (NA)
Flutterina (POP)
NA Skeletor (NA)

We still have 4 monthly slots left, 1 $38 item, and 1 $35 item.

So far this breaks down to:
MOTU: 4
NA: 3
POP: 3
200X: 1
Filmation: 1

The last couple years have been pretty favorable to vintage MOTU so what's left are the C and D listers from that era with more POP and NA to catch up. It's been said all along that it's a 2 year plan, so it wasn't like they were going to put all the vintage MOTU in 2014.

:exactly::goodpost:

Yup. I don't get the hate either. Vintage MOTU is STILL leading the way right now.

remaining 4, and also the SDCC figure.

I'm guessing that for those remaining 4, we will see

Rio-blast OR Ninjor
Dragstor or Rotar
Veena/ 200x sorceress ( Kinda expecting a 2 in one. Removeable wings, swappable heads, swappable armor piece?)
VeenaMOTUC.jpg

SorceressMYP.jpg

OR a 200x King Hiss. one or the other, not both.

Possibly General Sundar to appease those who want more Horde troopers, AND get another figure out there. Ship him with two heads. one Sundar head, one horde trooper head.

and SDCC will be Gwildor. POSSIBLY a Gwildor and Eldor two-pack.

completely Unrelated, just an awesome piece of fan art I stumbled across looking for character names

Motu_Future_Imperfect_chap_45_by_Killersha.jpg

final Thought. Once we get to Saurod, ANyone else considering armybuilding him? He has a NICE "trooper" look.

saurod1_full.jpg
2733-1.jpg
stout-saurod.jpg
Saurodcol.jpg

You guys really weren't paying attention while the sub drive was going on were you? It was said all along that they were going to finish up the vintage MOTU characters that had toys, most/all of the vintage POP that had toys, the remaining A-listers from NA, and then the top remaining characters from Filmation/200X/Mini Comics. Let's take a look at what we know is coming for 2014:

Two-Bad (MOTU)
Glimmer (POP)
Modulok (MOTU)
Hydron (NA)
Blade (MOTU)
Scorpia (Filmation/POP)
Extendar (MOTU)
Battle Lion (200X)
Flogg (NA)
Flutterina (POP)
NA Skeletor (NA)

We still have 4 monthly slots left, 1 $38 item, and 1 $35 item.

So far this breaks down to:
MOTU: 4
NA: 3
POP: 3
200X: 1
Filmation: 1

The last couple years have been pretty favorable to vintage MOTU so what's left are the C and D listers from that era with more POP and NA to catch up. It's been said all along that it's a 2 year plan, so it wasn't like they were going to put all the vintage MOTU in 2014.

of course I have been paying attention...:rolleyes2 (that excuse of you should already know what were getting in the Sub is just Matty cheerleading in my book)

how many figures in a row we have gotten in the last 4 months?

Scorpia-POP
Extendar-MOTU
Flogg-NA
Flutterina-POP

and now

Madame Razz-POP
Look-Kee-POP

also rumored POP Huntara in '14 and a POP Horse...do you catch my drift?? way too much POP and NA for me in a Sub..WAY TOO MUCH!

As I said,I just won't be buying anymore Subs,because it's getting OLD paying for figures I don't really want...

If your happy with your Sub,great! but I'm not and I feel that 2014 is NO DIFFERENT than any other year,but we're getting MORE filler's with POP...so cherry picking in 2015...simple!

In my opinion next years sub is a lot stronger than this year or last year overall. The only 2 that I definitely dont want are the PoP pair. I've warmed to Battle Lion after the initial reveal, though I'm probably just going to use the armour and put the kitty in storage. And there are quite a few that look amazing to me, I think I even prefer the NA Skeletor head sculpt to my Alcala version. I might be in the minority here but I really like the NA faction (except Karatti). Definitely glad I subbed for the first time :yess:

Also I really enjoy seeing peoples pics on here too, I find it really interesting to see peoples different displays.

I like the NA guys too, particularly the Space Mutants (except like you for Karatti who kinda sucks). Can't wait for NA Skeletor.

What I really want from NA is Hoove but they'd have to do a lot of new tooling I think to make him work or at least make him look as much like the original figure as I'd want.

Image%202013.11.03%2012%3A30%3A32%20AM.jpeg

NA figures are tolerable...Girly toys just arn't for me...expecially pink colors,butterflies, and big old titted lard *** witches.

tired of paying for it

I like the NA guys too, particularly the Space Mutants (except like you for Karatti who kinda sucks). Can't wait for NA Skeletor.

What I really want from NA is Hoove but they'd have to do a lot of new tooling I think to make him work or at least make him look as much like the original figure as I'd want.

Image%202013.11.03%2012%3A30%3A32%20AM.jpeg

Definitely. The 4H would make an awesome Hoove for Classics. Too bad we probably won't get anymore mutants after Flogg.

Hoove has been high on my list since I found out that line of toys even existed. Didn't know about it as a kid. I think I only have known about it since Optikk was released.

NA figures are tolerable...Girly toys just arn't for me...expecially pink colors,butterflies, and big old titted lard *** witches.

tired of paying for it

Other way around for me. At least the PoP stuff fits within the same universe/continuity.

And I dunno. The pink and what not hasn't really bothered me, though I don't display all of them either. Swiftwind would probably overdo it a bit on the shelves... :)

Girly toys just arn't for me...expecially pink colors,butterflies, and big old titted lard *** witches.

:rotfl

Believe me teemu, I definitely get you. I absolutely hated the Star Sisters, I still have Netossa in the box, and pretty much all of the other POP figures have been outcast to the far corner of my collection shelf. I don't care for much of anything POP outside of the Filmation Horde characters, but I am not at all surprised that there are going to be a lot of POP figures in the next 2 years. I was really hoping Mattel would do a separate POP sub-line so I could completely skip it. Oh well, I guess I'll prepare for Perfuma, Sweet Bee, and Peekablue....ugh! :slap

Yeah, I'll take POP over NA. The NA cartoon is unwatchable, POP was at least a decent program, even if the original toys were intended for girls. And The Horde is POP. It's as desirable as anything below B-list from the real line IMO.

The truth is that we're pretty far down the line when it comes to the MOTU line. Ram-Man was the final A-lister and Two-Bad is the final MOTU B-lister. In the waning hours of the line, when there isn't anything important left to make from the main line, I don't mind Glimmer or Scorpia. I'd sure take them over the He-Man cowboy or Ninja! LOL

Believe me teemu, I definitely get you. I absolutely hated the Star Sisters, I still have Netossa in the box, and pretty much all of the other POP figures have been outcast to the far corner of my collection shelf. I don't care for much of anything POP outside of the Filmation Horde characters, but I am not at all surprised that there are going to be a lot of POP figures in the next 2 years. I was really hoping Mattel would do a separate POP sub-line so I could completely skip it. Oh well, I guess I'll prepare for Perfuma, Sweet Bee, and Peekablue....ugh! :slap

The evil Filmation POP girls really seem to capture the original MOTU spirit in their design, where the GR girls seemed to be lazy cultural regurgitations of the age. The need to appeal to that little girl market heavily restrained the trademark quasi-mythological grit evident in its "twin" brother.

By the time we got to NA, they tried to take that mythological element and trade it in for a more direct space sci-fi approach. Didn't work, doesn't work, won't work without that barbarian element. I wouldn't have bought any of those NA characters without the mind to place as peripheral curiosities. The core of MOTU they are not.

Last edited:
My beef with a lot of the POP stuff isn't that it's girly looking. It's that it's cheap or boring looking. The newly revealed Flutterina is a prime example of this. Her face looks like so many of the other female faces, her dress is very plain, and her wings look cheap. She's a peg warmer through and through.

Well hopefully they are not in '14 so I don't have to buy them...I'll probably end up just blowing out my opened POP figures at $5 a piece when its all over...the only POP figures I am even open to keeping are She-Ra (because it's He-man's sister),Scorpia (For Horde) and Mermista for my niece who seems to like mermaids....

The evil Filmation POP girls really seem to capture the original MOTU spirit in their design, where the GR girls seemed to be lazy cultural regurgitations of the age. The need to appeal to that little girl market heavily restrained the trademark quasi-mythological grit evident in its "twin" brother.

By the time we got to NA, they tried to take that mythological element and trade it in for a more direct space sci-fi approach. Didn't work, doesn't work, won't work without that barbarian element. I wouldn't have bought any of those NA characters without the mind to place as peripheral curiosities. The core of MOTU they are not.

That is why I can no longer support the Sub...I just feel like I am throwing away money just to get the figures I really want....I onced supported the Sub because of the supposed convenience and it's sometimes easy to get caught up wanting to collect everything in a toy line.All the Sub has done is forced me to buy expensive figures that I never had interest in..

IMO, Two-bad and Modulok put the final nail in the coffin for the line...82-85 (the best of the best of the whole line) is complete!

If we get a full 2015,it is because Mattel FORCED the line through..with another price increase coming and sub par characters left,I'll be picking my Rio Blast,Ninjor,and Dragstor and call it a day after 5-6 years of collecting this line.

Well hopefully they are not in '14 so I don't have to buy them...I'll probably end up just blowing out my opened POP figures at $5 a piece when its all over...the only POP figures I am even open to keeping are She-Ra (because it's He-man's sister),Scorpia (For Horde) and Mermista for my niece who seems to like mermaids....

That is why I can no longer support the Sub...I just feel like I am throwing away money just to get the figures I really want....I onced supported the Sub because of the supposed convenience and it's sometimes easy to get caught up wanting to collect everything in a toy line.All the Sub has done is forced me to buy expensive figures that I never had interest in..

IMO, Two-bad and Modulok put the final nail in the coffin for the line...82-85 (the best of the best of the whole line) is complete!

If we get a full 2015,it is because Mattel FORCED the line through..with another price increase coming and sub par characters left,I'll be picking my Rio Blast,Ninjor,and Dragstor and call it a day after 5-6 years of collecting this line.

As predicted by many, once the true vintage MOTU well has dried up, so goes the rest of the line. The 2015 will be interesting to watch, but I won't be nearly as invested. At this point, Mattel might as well drop all false pretenses and start doing 200x/Filmation rehashes of real core characters.

As predicted by many, once the true vintage MOTU well has dried up, so goes the rest of the line. The 2015 will be interesting to watch, but I won't be nearly as invested. At this point, Mattel might as well drop all false pretenses and start doing 200x/Filmation rehashes of real core characters.

According to the 200 POP fans out there ((maybe 20 actual LOUD vocal folks that are from the SAME posters over and over)...MOTU Classics has only flourished because of POP :cuckoo: ..... what such delusion from POP fanatics

Mixing a Girls line with a Boys line,it ONLY worked because of the "forced to buy ALL figures Subscription".The passion of the MOTU fans wanting their MOTU Vintage figures made in Classics is the only reason POP even has the figures to begin with..

My Passion has timed out...82-85 is complete (which was what I wanted from the start)..anything 86-87 was Icing on the cake

Back