Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all companies work like Mattel… in fact based on my experience Mattel is really weird.

You can just compare them to how Hasbro handles direct to customer sales. Hasbro works how I'd expect it to work. Mattel always is surprising with confusing and sometimes antagonistic things they do.

I guess. I just had a frustrating time with Sideshow CS this week. (They're a lot less flexible on moving payment dates around than they used to be.) And the two seem to add up for me....:dunno

Rokkon, Stonedar, and Clamp Champ look really good.

They actually released a Blackstar? Or is that a custom? If it's a custom, it's extremely well made!

Congratulations on your acquisitions, by the way.

Blackstar is a custom and was bought as a Kit of parts to complete it

I painted the buck using a Jitsu body and then making my own custom cape very close to the original using much better materials

the rest are Alvis Underground (Head,Sword,necklace,Hand,and belt)

the results are very satisfying

Toyguru said:
In today's market we just can't build a line around cherry pickers.

Once again, doing his best to divide the customer base. People who buy DOS are customers, plain and simple. It's unfortunate you can't accommodate them, but that's a problem Mattel should have been figuring out a way to solve. Instead they will force everyone to ride this rickety sub model until it falls off the tracks.

Cherry pickers? You know better Scott.

Once again, doing his best to divide the customer base. People who buy DOS are customers, plain and simple. It's unfortunate you can't accommodate them, but that's a problem Mattel should have been figuring out a way to solve. Instead they will force everyone to ride this rickety sub model until it falls off the tracks.

Cherry pickers? You know better Scott.

Cherry pickers should be the ones telling them what figures to make and what figures not to make. Maybe then everyone would be more willing to buy subs and there would be less complaining about us getting stuck with characters only a small number of subscribers want.

It's insane to me that Mattel thinks you can't release a line unless your customers will buy every single thing. Every goddamn toy company on the planet manages to build lines around the customers who don't buy everything they put out.

Uhg. As I have said before I loathe the use of the term "cherry pickers" and can't believe Mattel uses it in their PR releases. They have created a slur for a big part of their potential customer base. It's absurd.

The fact that there is an even the term 'cherry picker' and its viewed in a negative connotation is a prime example of how this line has been handled wrong. Maybe if they made things people wanted instead of filling the sub with his ego pet projects, people wouldn't have been turned off of the figures.

You guys really need to get over it. Mattel has been doing the sub for the last 4 years and with them trying to wrap it up in the next 2 years, nothing is going to change. You day of sale buyers are lucky they haven't completely cut you out and forced you to buy a sub or go to ebay. It is what it is at this point.

You guys really need to get over it. Mattel has been doing the sub for the last 4 years and with them trying to wrap it up in the next 2 years, nothing is going to change. You day of sale buyers are lucky they haven't completely cut you out and forced you to buy a sub or go to ebay. It is what it is at this point.

:exactly:

it's unfortunate for those who dont want the subs, but life isnt fair sometimes.

Yes and in those four years we have continued to have non-subscription sales that don't really differ any from the pre-subscription sale days. If anything things are generally easier to get now. There's the very occasional random figure that's a subscription exclusive but those are rare.

About the only thing that's changed is Mattel being antagonistic and disparaging of that customer base which apparently you buy into. We shouldn't feel "lucky". That's nonsense.

Yup! :lecture

The Subscribers support the line so it goes through each year...

Cherry pickers be thankful that they make it so you can pick

I'm pretty sure the DOS buyers support the line, just the same as the Subbers do. The truth is that we're all customers. The sub model has supposedly brought the line to the brink of ending for two years now. Meanwhile, companies like Sideshow, Hot Toys, and Enterbay use a pre-order system and thrive. Hmm......

I'm pretty sure the DOS buyers support the line, just the same as the Subbers do. The truth is that we're all customers. The sub model has supposedly brought the line to the brink of ending for two years now. Meanwhile, companies like Sideshow, Hot Toys, and Enterbay use a pre-order system and thrive. Hmm......

Now now. It's not a scare tactic.

yes,they do...but there would not be a MOTU Classics line without the subbers,that's the whole point

Back