Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm okay with this

2:If the meter is not hit, what will likely happen is the 4 figures that are already tool'd (the ones revealed at SDCC) will be released quarterly and perhapes an item at SDCC. After that, that will be it. End of story

full story here

MOTU fans,

I've seen a lot of emails and posts over the last few days about the meter and reaction to my post on Facebook yesterday that we are still tracking below expectations. Let me see if I can clear up some common questions.

1:The meter is 100% accurate. It is not a scare tactic. It was designed as a communication tool to let fans/customers know how close or far we are from the sub happening.

2:If the meter is not hit, what will likely happen is the 4 figures that are already tool'd (the ones revealed at SDCC) will be released quarterly and perhapes an item at SDCC. After that, that will be it. End of story. It is not a scare tactic, it is a truthful statement. MOTUC and infact everything we do on Matty is a tiny tiny spec for Mattel. We continue to make these great toys because we love our fans, we love these brands and we wantt o keep them going. But the raw facts are in today's market we simply can't keep these high end low run collector lines going with out guaranteed customers. That is why we have the presale sub and the meter to communicate how far along we are.

3:We can't reveal additional figures simply because we don't have anyone far enough along to reveal. We can only reveal a figure after an internal milestone called "FPR" (Final product review). We revealed eveything at SDCC that had made it to this stage. Counting the "sneak peaks" at the panel and in the case on Sunday, we've revealed 5/12 monthly figures. So customers know about 1/2 of the entire year at this point! The reason we don't reveal more figures is because we don't want to show something that might not happen. For the DC brand, a few retail figures were shown at NYTFD in Feb. like Damien Wayne and a new Batman Beyond that were canceled. Have you seen the posts about this? The last thing we want to do is reveal a figure that might not happen. That is a lot worse believe me. That is why we don't reveal figures that have not made it to FPR stage internally.

4: A lot of the issues last year like QC and CS have really been tackled head on. Combine that with our sub portal letting you easily change addresses or make adjustments as well as a new quarterly shipping option that will help save on overall shipping. Shipping is an area we just don't have as much control over, but we are doing everything we can and by offering a hold and ship quarterly option you will be able to save.

5: Again, I know fans want to see the entire year, but this is the 4th or 5th year of doing this.You guys know the drill and as noted above the reasons why we can't show further figs. They just aren't far enough along. And really, in today's market, the customers we need to keep all of the subs (and the Ecto 1) going are customers that are "all in" no matter what. It really shouldn't matter which figures we are doing, the type of customer needed to keep the line going, the customer that is the life blood of these lines is the type of MOTU (DC) customer who wants anyone no matter what. In today's market we just can't build a line around cherry pickers. Subscribing isn't just about the bonuses of subing in like the Unnamed One, Early Access or less expensive figureds ($25 vs $27 day of). Sub'ing in is about supporting all of the figures and ensuring the line goes forward.

6: We have indeed re worked the line up and as seen by our reveals at SDCC 23014 is packed full of A list charcters. No concept figures like the FFM or Vykron. 2014 and ideally 2015 will be all the figs we want to complete the line including vintage MOTU, vintage POP, A list NA figs and A list figs from other media like mini comics or animated series.

So to wrap up, I promise this is not a scare tactic or a roller coaster ride. The meters are 100% accurate and show the sub in level. Without hitting our goal, likely we will just release the first 4 figures and call it a day.We just can't keep these lines goign without locked in support anymore.

Hope this helps. If anyone is not sub'ing in and you have a sepecific reason, please post here or over in Ask Matty MOTU/DC and I'll do all I can to address your questions.

Getting 2014 to happen will take all of us and a combined effort. No one wants to see MOTUC go away, but without the min number of sub holders, that is a very realistic possibilty. Not a scare tactic, not a marketing gimick, just us being as open and honest with our customers as possible!

Hope this helps! We can do this! I know we can! If everyone from 2011-2013 subs in we are golden. That is all it takes!

Scott

I definitely get that Matty is such a small entity for Mattel overall that they do not have the support they deserve... which is unfortunate...
Part of the problem, is that fans really don't believe most of the things TG says anyways... so even if this statement is 100% true, the cynics will make so much noise against it that it's deemed as lies or scare tactics...
People should just nut up or shut up...
is that simple!

:lol

He doesn't help his case when he says one thing in one email or video and then something else in another, or claims that "Changes had to me made" crap.

I don't believe these meters are scare tactics, I just believe the 100% is not actually what's needed. Most likely somewhere around 75% of the meter (or even closer to 50) is what's actually needed.

As long as we get Two-bad and Modulok,at this point,I don't care.I have handed Mattel over 5 years worth of money,if they don't want to finish this line for the fans...screw em...there are tons of other things to buy in the collectable world

I definitely get that Matty is such a small entity for Mattel overall that they do not have the support they deserve... which is unfortunate...
Part of the problem, is that fans really don't believe most of the things TG says anyways... so even if this statement is 100% true, the cynics will make so much noise against it that it's deemed as lies or scare tactics...
People should just nut up or shut up...
is that simple!

:lol

I agree.

I don't believe these meters are scare tactics, I just believe the 100% is not actually what's needed. Most likely somewhere around 75% of the meter (or even closer to 50) is what's actually needed.

I think a more accurate reading is that 50% would be the break even point, and 100% is where mattel higher ups sees it as profitable enough to make it WORTH their time to do.

Regardless, if management says they need X number, or it's not happeneing, then that's the deal.

A lot of Collectors out there keep forgetting, "THEY NEED US, WE DO NOT NEED THEM", it's the scalpers, flippers and dealers that need them, that's who they're listening to and the biggest problem!

at the same time, this IS the end of the month, POST sdcc.... people ARE broke, and the econmy is crap. I think around 10th-15th of august, we will see it pick up.

A lot of Collectors out there keep forgetting, "THEY NEED US, WE DO NOT NEED THEM"

You absolutely need Mattel if you want new MOTUC action figures. Nobody else is going to make them. They're either worth it to you or they're not. Mattel isn't making big bucks on MattyCollector or reporting this to shareholders because it doesn't mean much at all to their bottom line. Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher Price, Monster High, DC, and WWE bring home the bacon for Mattel.

A lot of Collectors out there keep forgetting, "THEY NEED US, WE DO NOT NEED THEM", it's the scalpers, flippers and dealers that need them, that's who they're listening to and the biggest problem!

mal-what.gif

Got some of the figures at Big Lots today :D Grizzlor, Clawful, Orko, Megator, Moss Man, and The Faceless one.

Pretty sweet deal for 10$ a pop. Also, they had a decent amount of other characters. Vikor, Molar, 1 Merman, Mane E Faces, 1 Hordak, and 1 Battleground Evil Lyn.

And about the sub thing. As long as I get Two-Bad and maybe the sub exclusive I'm game. It's been a long ride for this series in my opinion.

I don't think this Big Lots thing is doing them any favors. You state for years that when a figure is sold out its sold out, only for them to show up a clearance discount chain a couple of years later. Why weren't these up on Matty collector the whole time?

I also don't think we'll see as big a push to drive sub sales like we did last year. I think most casual fans are just burnt out on the whole thing.

Going to be completely honest. I've subbed. I can only afford ONE sub.
I only want ONE sub....

But I think this is it for the line. I'm not so certian we're going to see a 2014 sub.... and If we don't, I'll has a sad.

Yeah I stopped at Big Lots today and they had a bunch of figures for $10. They also had Megator, Vykron, Orko and Mo-larr for $10. They also had the 12" Ray and Egon two pack for $30.

I stopped on my to work - Dallas - so NW. If there is somone you need let me know and I will be happy to grab whatever if you aren't close. They only had one of each so I cleaned them out for the most part. Someone had already picked through the box when the employee brought it out. Hopefully they will restock.

I'd be shocked if they didn't do the 2014 sub. There's a very good chance I'm totally wrong because I have no information to support it but I have never felt like the line being in danger by the time they're selling subscriptions was a real thing.

I can see if the 2014 sub doesn't sell well them not doing a line for 2015 but it just seems too late by now to cancel what they already have in the works for 2014.

you had to ask them to bring them out? Perhaps that's what I'm doing wrong.

I skipped Vykron and Molar, but if i can get them for 10$ each, I'm mighty tempted.

I also kinda want those ghostbuster... but I want to SEE them in person first.

Back