Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:
I have to agree, since I don't want those goofy little characters (though I might make an exception for Kowl if he looks good, since I have Bow for him to go along with). I was only mentioning the Imp, Kowl, Lookie (I highly dislike Lookie to put it lightly) combo as an improvement over the price and lack of interest in the Sub Sisters.

I'd actually prefer those characters than many of the full-sized ones. Some of the female Horde characters are pretty cool, but as far as good guys go... Well, I'm pretty happy with just She-Ra/Adora and Bow. There might be a few others I wouldn't mind, but I don't really remember the cartoon all that well.

The little guys though, they'd just be extras, so who cares? They wouldn't necessarily take up a monthly spot - just come with regular figures.

Not to mention that all submissions become the property of Mattel when they're submitted so whether it wins or not, it doesn't mean they want use it later and if they do you get "0".

Exactly. Character design is one of my personal passions and it's something I value greatly and the idea of giving away a character of my design for free is repugnant to me. ::shrug:: I've always felt that way about contests like this, even going back to being a kid. Always seemed like a scam to me.

So here's how it would have to work for me to be okay with it.

- Mattel only retains the rights to the winning character
- The winner gets a job offer assuming they are of age to work
- The winner gets paid for their design

Again, that's JUST ME. Everyone else can do what they like.

Exactly. Character design is one of my personal passions and it's something I value greatly and the idea of giving away a character of my design for free is repugnant to me. ::shrug:: I've always felt that way about contests like this, even going back to being a kid. Always seemed like a scam to me.

So here's how it would have to work for me to be okay with it.

- Mattel only retains the rights to the winning character
- The winner gets a job offer assuming they are of age to work
- The winner gets paid for their design

Again, that's JUST ME. Everyone else can do what they like.

I think thats understandable and makes sense,especially if your a good Artist and can draw well.Why give Mattel a design thats yours or one you truely like that you created.Your design could help Mattel start a new toy line and your creation completely stolen with no compensation to you.

As far myself,the character I submitted,I could care less if it wins or not or if Mattel wants to keep it,though I'd love to see my character be designed and made into a character by the 4 horseman...The character would be cool as Clawful in my opinion,as my character revolves around Sharks.Looking at Eamon's character,I wish I drew my character exactly like that in style (Eamon's very talented in what he does) and submitted it just like that.

In the end,I dont expect to Win,I thought it would be fun to do,and maybe Toyguru will show some runner-up characters (even that would be cool)

I caved and bought the 2012 sub with the 30th Anniversary add-on.

At least I get Stinkor for $20 now.

101_0206.jpg

So who's thinking about doing the Mad Matty Monday thing next week? I seem to remember some pretty good stuff in the sets last time they did it.

Again, I'll try to get one but clearly they don't care about fans having fun. They just want to sell a bunch of stuff as quickly as possible.

Yeah, some nonsense about how they couldn't ship blind boxed stuff overseas or something.

Considering they wnt you to use as many existing parts as possible... why not just edit some pictures together with photoshop to make your new masters character?

Because none of the existing figures have exposed male genitalia. It's rather central to my design.

Ha! Pixel Dan's review on battle ground Evil Lyn...her scratching hand is much harder......so Mattel lied about Catra's hand having to be softer to meet safety standards, just like I said back in May...they just wanted to save money by using the same tooling tray,using the softer plastic that was used for the catra sword.simple as that! after seeing EL,there is no reason why Catra didn't get the same treatment

To paraphrase Stephen Moffat; "Mattel always lies."

Also, I still don't care. The rubber sword sucks ass, but the hand being rubber is of zero importance to me.

i really like that BG Evil Lyn figure. probably more than the yellow version. i like the unhelmeted head and the cape. the glow in the dark staff is awesome too.

Back