Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, some nonsense about how they couldn't ship blind boxed stuff overseas or something.

Oh right, I remember now. From a security perspective, that's actually a pretty good rule.

I was pleasantly surprised at the hauls people got from the last one, but as a subscriber there's nothing I really need...

No purchase limits again which means no reasonable normal person has any chance of buying one anyway.

Oh right, I remember now. From a security perspective, that's actually a pretty good rule.

You do realise that the people actually packing the boxes and doing this sale know what's in them, right? It's only 'blind' to the purchaser...

Plus I guess going to the trouble to write 'action figures' or 'action figures and accessories' on the declaration form is too much of a logistical nightmare for Matty and Digital River. I mean let's be clear here, it's not like they have to declare the product on the forms for international shipping, just the product type and amount of them included, which is still exactly the same process as it is when they do the regular monthly sales and the subs.

Fact is, Matty just can't be bothered to ship these internationally for overseas fans. Especially as they know they'll get all the sales that they are looking for to fill quota domestically anyhow.

You do realise that the people actually packing the boxes and doing this sale know what's in them, right? It's only 'blind' to the purchaser...

Plus I guess going to the trouble to write 'action figures' or 'action figures and accessories' on the declaration form is too much of a logistical nightmare for Matty and Digital River. I mean let's be clear here, it's not like they have to declare the product on the forms for international shipping, just the product type and amount of them included, which is still exactly the same process as it is when they do the regular monthly sales and the subs.

Fact is, Matty just can't be bothered to ship these internationally for overseas fans. Especially as they know they'll get all the sales that they are looking for to fill quota domestically anyhow.

Well, yeah, I guess. I assumed they wouldn't write any sort of description because of the whole blind box thing, but there isn't really any reason they can't be generic about it. You're probably right - they probably just don't care. :(

Well, yeah, I guess. I assumed they wouldn't write any sort of description because of the whole blind box thing, but there isn't really any reason they can't be generic about it. You're probably right - they probably just don't care. :(

I just re-read what I wrote, hope that didn't come across as dickish towards you pal, it certainly wasn't meant to. :)

Page 2???
SkeletorYellBig1.gif

Wanted to share this with you guys!!
So after seeing Snout Spout @ PowerCon, it became clear AGAIN to me that some figures SHOULD have 200x inspired heads...

Here's a quick Phostoshop I did last week for Spout,

picture.php

Also, TIN showed us how great Clawful looks with a 200x inspired head...

TIN said:
...and here some more view :)

clawful3er.jpg

So, since Mattel has no clue that lots of fans want alternatives, I took matters in my own hands and just wanted to share with you guys my customization of Grizzlor!

It's basically just the 200x Mini Statue "faceplate"
IMO looks a ton better!

DSC03784.jpg

DSC03785.jpg

DSC03790.jpg

DSC03791.jpg

DSC03796.jpg

Oh I like the original too,
but I think it looks a bit goofy compared to some other MOTUC figures... I'm NOT against the Vintage look, but it would be great if we could get both options for certain figures...
just like with Whiplash AND Stinkor...
I really don't get why Mattel won't give us both...

I don't get what's goofy about it. Looks pretty mean to me. I get the goofy with Clawful (which I do like) but Grizzlor never struck me as goofy. No more than Skeletor, Merman, Beast Man, or any of the rest. Probably less goofy than the card-back-art Merman head.

Maybe it's because I watched a lot of Roger Corman movies as a teen. He has a very old school monster vibe.

Maybe it's because I watched a lot of Roger Corman movies as a teen. He has a very old school monster vibe.

Now that you've said that, I keep thinking of how the head does look like the monsters from the '50 and '60s. :lol:lol

Yeah I was talking 80s stuff, or even some of the early 90s Corman flicks like Carnosaur. Although nice pull on the Gritters. That's EXACTLY what I was thinking of but couldn't put a finger on.

I always referred to Grizzlor to something like you'd see on a Monster Munch packet.

Or indeed a Critter. Actually, wasn't there a giant Critter that had two big teeth?

Back