Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My conclusion from the Q&A is that Mattel is using a "Force" method of making collectors subscribe....because they said they are making enough to fulfill subscriptions and only producing very little extras in the production total..hence the super quick sell-out on Adora..also stating that to guarantee figures you should subscribe...to me thats saying,you better suscribe or you may not get your figures.They also said they have the line planned to 2011 and the rest is tentative....so much for 2016....I am really getting tired of Mattel's double speak....I say we get till 2011 and it all ends by 2012 as the upcoming movie will take over complete focus.

Intersting...anyway I got my two Reletors last night. 1 has some paint issues (red on his face) and the other seems ok. *sigh* next month is gonna be a killer. Also I want my Panthor flocked motherflockker.

My conclusion from the Q&A is that Mattel is using a "Force" method of making collectors subscribe....because they said they are making enough to fulfill subscriptions and only producing very little extras in the production total..hence the super quick sell-out on Adora..also stating that to guarantee figures you should subscribe...to me thats saying,you better suscribe or you may not get your figures.They also said they have the line planned to 2011 and the rest is tentative....so much for 2016....I am really getting tired of Mattel's double speak....I say we get till 2011 and it all ends by 2012 as the upcoming movie will take over complete focus.
i hope not. i hate how hasbro puts all the TF lines on hold while they pump out that movie trash. then, just when they start the old lines up again, the sequel hits and we get garbage thrown at us all over again. i foresee that happening here.

although, Matty seems to be a SLIGHTLY better company than hasbro, so i doubt they'll do that.

if you look at hasbro as a whole, they seem to focus LESS on the look of a character and more on his name, believing that the name alone will sell the character.

Gi Fail, the Fail of Failbra is a prime example of this marketing strategy.

although, Matty seems to be a SLIGHTLY better company than hasbro, so i doubt they'll do that.

if you look at hasbro as a whole, they seem to focus LESS on the look of a character and more on his name, believing that the name alone will sell the character.

Gi Fail, the Fail of Failbra is a prime example of this marketing strategy.

Hehe.

It's the Transformers fans' fault. They've been doing this crap for YEARS (Robots in Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Animated) and those damned TF fans keep eating it up!

I guess they keep trying it with GI Joe too - all that new sculpt crap - but I think it's the success of the strategy with the TF that keeps Hasbro doing it.

So far Mattel's been doing great - I hope they don't emulate this.

TNI: Why the decision to start releasing figures based on the New Adventures He-Man series before you get to many of the mainstream characters from the original series?

Mattel: Our goal is to offer a variety of figures each year. If we offered only classic MOTU line characters, we would run out quickly. We have a long-term plan in place to cover all of the characters from all the classic lines by mixing MOTU, POP, NA and 2002 characters into the line each year.

They also said they have the line planned to 2011 and the rest is tentative....so much for 2016....I am really getting tired of Mattel's double speak....I say we get till 2011 and it all ends by 2012 as the upcoming movie will take over complete focus.

They don't mean the line will end after 2011 just that they have planned out roughly what will be getting released each month up until 2012.
What MotU movie are you refering to? No studio or director has been seriously linked to this franchise in years. :confused:

i thank God every morning that SS went the RAH direction with the Joe line and not the ROC direction. write that down.

Hella write that down... :lecture

Hehe.

It's the Transformers fans' fault. They've been doing this crap for YEARS (Robots in Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Animated) and those damned TF fans keep eating it up!

I guess they keep trying it with GI Joe too - all that new sculpt crap - but I think it's the success of the strategy with the TF that keeps Hasbro doing it.

So far Mattel's been doing great - I hope they don't emulate this.

I love nothing but the very first TF, the rest of it can go to :devil

and the 86 movie :lecture

747637749_4bda0d7df1.jpg

They don't mean the line will end after 2011 just that they have planned out roughly what will be getting released each month up until 2012.
What MotU movie are you refering to? No studio or director has been seriously linked to this franchise in years. :confused:

Toyguru mentioned movie in the Art Gallery video....and it has been mentioned by Mattel that its in process....it sounds like its moving forward soon into production

Toyguru mentioned movie in the Art Gallery video....and it has been mentioned by Mattel that its in process....it sounds like its moving forward soon into production

Well from that amount of info it seems fairly sketchy, "in process" can mean anything (conceptual stage/script re-writings/studio dealings) I think it's still a long ways off. Just IMO.

Well from that amount of info it seems fairly sketchy, "in process" can mean anything (conceptual stage/script re-writings/studio dealings) I think it's still a long ways off. Just IMO.

you are probably right....because anymore whatever Toyguru or Mattel says...I usually take with a grain of salt.I am getting tired of the doublespeak games that Toyguru plays with his customers

if they're working on it AT ALL it's "in process" it's industry speak. Looking at potential scripts tring to find a good one is "IN PROCEES" Calling studios and saying " hey, wanna make a he-man movie" is in process, even if they say no.

you are probably right....because anymore whatever Toyguru or Mattel says...I usually take with a grain of salt.I am getting tired of the doublespeak games that Toyguru plays with his customers

Yeah, not long ago it was "We can't confirm Panthor until Battle Cat sells out."
Now we're getting two Panthors. :lol

Re: the movie, there was actually some news not long ago because the original production company gave up the rights and someone new picked them up....supposedly with a lot more enthusiasm. I think there actually is active development going on. The sales of the Classics figures I'm sure help build a case for the movie.

This is the month to be sweating it out for Battle Cat and Trap Jaw and sub figure Wundar(which I am pretty impressed with)...3 figures in one month!! oh yeah!!

probably a dumb question.Would anyone here buy...MOTU DST Minimates? Imagine the possibilities...awesome mini figures,minature playsets (castle greyskull),Battle Cat etc in Minimate Style.....I'd buy these hand and fist!

Back