Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got one of my prints from 1988 framed. I snapped a couple shots. It is a super nice print in person. The other prints I got from the gallery require custom sized frames, so it may be awhile till I get to them.

BA He-man...
IMG_3787.jpg
[/IMG]

The print framed...
IMG_3803.jpg
[/IMG]

Those are damn cool - are they hard to find?

Craw do you know how long that took me to make in Photochop? 5-10 minutes! Whew what a chore. Now where is my misterfalcon Reletors UPS guy? What can brown do for me? Hurry the eff' up...

Craw do you know how long that took me to make in Photochop? 5-10 minutes! Whew what a chore. Now where is my misterfalcon Reletors UPS guy? What can brown do for me? Hurry the eff' up...
they can probably punch a hole in the package so big you can see what's inside without opening it. i could see the "Battle Armor He-Man" title plain as day through the giant hole punched in the brown shipper. obviously when they unloaded the truck they decided to throw out all the little boxes first and then they threw the heavy ones on top. a corner of a large box must have punched a hole in it. UPS is awesome that way. write that down.

1) You have stated that the accessories displayed at the MOTU art show belong to 4 of the upcoming figures in the line. Are those figures the ones slated for release right after Optik or will they be spread out through the year?

Quote:
Those accessories do not belong to the exact next four monthly figures in the line if that is what you are asking.
2) Given all the production issues that you faced with flocking the Moss Man figure, do you foresee having similar problems with Panthor when you decide to release him?

Quote:
We’re looking to apply a lot of our key learnings from designing Moss Man to the upcoming flocked version of Panthor. Likely, we’ll do both a flocked and unflocked version since fan demand is so split. The unflocked figure will come first per the SDCC vote.
3) You have hinted that one of the two upcoming MOTUC Comic-Con exclusives will be a celebrity figure. Does this mean it could be a movie-based release?

Quote:
If you are referring to the movie from 1987, then no. We do not have the rights to do figures from this film in the Classics line. It is also way too early to do anything related to the live action film in development. Ideally that project will be separate and in addition to the Classics line. 4) Will both SDCC Masters of The Universe figures be packaged individually or will it be a 2-pack?

Quote:
Hopefully there will be two separate MOTUC exclusives unrelated to each other and available for purchase separately as distinct toys. Details are still being worked out if we will indeed have two exclusives for the MOTU brand as originally planned.

Looks like Panthor will be released twice (with and without flocking)

3. I think a lot of people would be interested in how you determine how many of each particular Masters of the Universe Classics character to make, especially where past sales may not necessarily be related. For example, Adora is the first Princess of Power character, so what helped you figure out how many more to make beyond the subscription? Did you think it should have been a higher number? How far ahead of the sales date do you have to tell the factories the quantity to make?

The first thing we look at is the number of subscribers. In 2010, we had way more subscribers then in 2009 so we use that as a base number. From there we will produce some additional units for day-of-sale based on the sell-through rate of previous figures. We can really only affect figures about seven months ahead with any change in production quantity. After a year of figures we have a pretty good idea of what demand is per figure. The best way for fans to guarantee a figure is to sign up each summer for the Club Eternia subscription! Our plan is to keep production above and beyond the subscription relatively small. Subscribers will get the priority for this line. Most figures going forward will likely sell out in a few hours for non subscribers.

So subscribers are priority and your best bet to guarantee any figures is to subscribe....guess we have no choice to make sure we get the figures especially since the production numbers are low?

We’re looking to apply a lot of our key learnings from designing Moss Man to the upcoming flocked version of Panthor. Likely, we’ll do both a flocked and unflocked version since fan demand is so split. The unflocked figure will come first per the SDCC vote.

Looks like Panthor will be released twice (with and without flocking)

This is stupid, the flocking only just works on Moss-Man, only just, it will look ridiculous on Panthor. Going by how it looks on Moss-Man the flocking will probably make Panthor look like a purple Persian cat with ring-worm. :banghead
The only reason people want it flocked is for nostalgia reasons, I get that. It worked on the original yes, but that didn't move! This is a highly articulated update and I'm betting it simply won't translate well. A waste of time and money to turn out a ridiculous flocked version IMO.

3. I think a lot of people would be interested in how you determine how many of each particular Masters of the Universe Classics character to make, especially where past sales may not necessarily be related. For example, Adora is the first Princess of Power character, so what helped you figure out how many more to make beyond the subscription? Did you think it should have been a higher number? How far ahead of the sales date do you have to tell the factories the quantity to make?

The first thing we look at is the number of subscribers. In 2010, we had way more subscribers then in 2009 so we use that as a base number. From there we will produce some additional units for day-of-sale based on the sell-through rate of previous figures. We can really only affect figures about seven months ahead with any change in production quantity. After a year of figures we have a pretty good idea of what demand is per figure. The best way for fans to guarantee a figure is to sign up each summer for the Club Eternia subscription! Our plan is to keep production above and beyond the subscription relatively small. Subscribers will get the priority for this line. Most figures going forward will likely sell out in a few hours for non subscribers.

So subscribers are priority and your best bet to guarantee any figures is to subscribe....guess we have no choice to make sure we get the figures especially since the production numbers are low?

Had to see that one coming!:lol

This is stupid, the flocking only just works on Moss-Man, only just, it will look ridiculous on Panthor. Going by how it looks on Moss-Man the flocking will probably make Panthor look like a purple Persian cat with ring-worm. :banghead
The only reason people want it flocked is for nostalgia reasons, I get that. It worked on the original yes, but that didn't move! This is a highly articulated update and I'm betting it simply won't translate well. A waste of time and money to turn out a ridiculous flocked version IMO.

Though I am generally of the "give 'em what they want" attitude (and apparently flocked Panthor is what they want) just to keep the line going, I totally agree with you. I didn't care about Panthor at all as a kid...something that big in purple flocking looked silly to me.

Get ready for the Org fury when they all get the flocked Panthor they want and his pretty purple fur starts to fall off when they put Adora on him one time too many.

I dont care if Panthor is not flocked as long as he is in a good dark purple color scheme

non-flocked panthor for me. flocked version will just be a lint/dust magnet anyway. Panthor will just share a mold with BC anyway and there is lots of detail on BC. you'd lose that detail with the flocking. but the completist in me will probably get both versions anyway. at least the unflocked version will come out first.

2) Given all the production issues that you faced with flocking the Moss Man figure, do you foresee having similar problems with Panthor when you decide to release him?
Quote:
We’re looking to apply a lot of our key learnings from designing Moss Man to the upcoming flocked version of Panthor.

<EMBED SRC=https://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/button.swf WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=300 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED>

Never had Panthor as a kid, but I still remember him fondly and always wanted one of my own. I would probably prefer flocking, to be quite honest, though maybe not the same style as Moss Man.

I might change my tune when I get Battle Cat though, we'll see. In all likelihood I'll get both versions anyway. :D

https://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=15368
My finances would be in trouble if that last question came true.

TNI: I know you don't release actual production number for figures but with the upcoming Battle Cat, will you make at least enough to cover the number of He-Man figures you sold so that everyone who has a He-Man figure will have a remote chance of getting Battle Cat?

Mattel: We’ve produced He-Man several times at this point, including the Battle Armor He-Man so there won’t exactly be one Battle Cat for every He-Man made.

TNI: Why the decision to start releasing figures based on the New Adventures He-Man series before you get to many of the mainstream characters from the original series?

Mattel: Our goal is to offer a variety of figures each year. If we offered only classic MOTU line characters, we would run out quickly. We have a long-term plan in place to cover all of the characters from all the classic lines by mixing MOTU, POP, NA and 2002 characters into the line each year.

TNI: Have you ever considered doing 12" MOTU figures?

Mattel: Yes, this is something we have looked into. Due to the bulky nature of the MOTU characters, they would require a unique 12” body so it would be a bit expensive (i.e. we would not use the current 12” Ghostbusters body for a MOTU 12” character).

My conclusion from the Q&A is that Mattel is using a "Force" method of making collectors subscribe....because they said they are making enough to fulfill subscriptions and only producing very little extras in the production total..hence the super quick sell-out on Adora..also stating that to guarantee figures you should subscribe...to me thats saying,you better suscribe or you may not get your figures.They also said they have the line planned to 2011 and the rest is tentative....so much for 2016....I am really getting tired of Mattel's double speak....I say we get till 2011 and it all ends by 2012 as the upcoming movie will take over complete focus.

Back