Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Mattel said something, it must be a lie. I don't trust anything they say. They are clearly making up numbers and saying the sub sold 75% over quota just to screw with us because....well just because they're Mattel. LIARS!
:cuckoo: :dunno

Welcome to the team SLC. You have now taken Scott's place as the publicly shamed figure online because you chose to communicate with us. :lol

It's common sense. They tell us the sales of the subs will cease when they reach their quota (goal). Then they say it surpassed their goal by 75% ???

Take off the blinders and see it for what it really is, instead of apologizing for them.

Like Scott before her, they lie without any regard to any previous lies, so nothing they say ever jives. I'd be happy to believe Mattel if they didn't have such a long track record of being deceitful.

Spinning it around as publicly shaming people for the sake of doing it, doesn't hold any water. She chose to be the new spokesperson, she hasn't shown any integrity or regard for customer satisfaction thus far. She has made it VERY clear that they will break promises and couldn't care less about the loss of customers as a result. Her true colors have already been seen. Any shamming is well deserved.

It's common sense. They tell us the sales of the subs will cease when they reach their quota (goal). Then they say it surpassed their goal by 75% ???

I think that is just poor communications. Based on the past and some guesses I think there is a quota A which is what needed for the sub to pass and quota B which is how many they have planned to produce in total. They passed quota A by 75%, but if they had hit quota B, they would have stopped taking more orders.

I think that is just poor communications. Based on the past and some guesses I think there is a quota A which is what needed for the sub to pass and quota B which is how many they have planned to produce in total. They passed quota A by 75%, but if they had hit quota B, they would have stopped taking more orders.

this was my read on it as well.

Naturally there is at least one goal, and that goal is to get a minimum amount of sub orders to go ahead with production. That goal is always reached based on the unswerving popularity of the property. As I've stated before, this line has NEVER, EVER been in any danger of failing or being canceled. Added SKU's throughout the years is proof of that.

Telling customers that once their quota is met the subs will close, is a sales tactic to get people to hurry up and buy a sub. The idea is to get as many customers to believe there is danger of missing out if they don't act fast, which insures faster sales for Mattel. They don't want people to THINK about whether they should or shouldn't get a sub so they create a false sense of urgency to get people off the fence.

The notion that they will limit production numbers to a set quota, and miss out on making more money is absurd. They ultimately want to sell as many subs as possible, not the opposite.

Naturally there is at least one goal, and that goal is to get a minimum amount of sub orders to go ahead with production. That goal is always reached based on the unswerving popularity of the property. As I've stated before, this line has NEVER, EVER been in any danger of failing or being canceled. Added SKU's throughout the years is proof of that.

Telling customers that once their quota is met the subs will close, is a sales tactic to get people to hurry up and buy a sub. The idea is to get as many customers to believe there is danger of missing out if they don't act fast, which insures faster sales for Mattel. They don't want people to THINK about whether they should or shouldn't get a sub so they create a false sense of urgency to get people off the fence.

The notion that they will limit production numbers to a set quota, and miss out on making more money is absurd. They ultimately want to sell as many subs as possible, not the opposite.

yep! If Mattel would just shut up about their sales deceptions out in the open, then some of us wouldn't be talking about it.

Yes, this is exactly it, Toyguru explained it more thoroughly during 2014 sub time - the quota being the max number of subs the factory could fulfill with the given lead time (and the minimum of course being the minimum amount of subs before Mattel would be willing to go into production at all for the full year).

yep! If Mattel would just shut up about their sales deceptions out in the open, then some of us wouldn't be talking about it.

I don't know what you saw teemu but it seemed to me like there wasn't any drama this time around selling the sub. They told us the full lineup and the end date and then announced how it sold after the deadline. It seemed pretty straightforward to me.

I don't know what you saw teemu but it seemed to me like there wasn't any drama this time around selling the sub. They told us the full lineup and the end date and then announced how it sold after the deadline. It seemed pretty straightforward to me.

Well they did say once they made their quota that the sub would close before the cut off date....though magically they went 75% over quota :)

That is what mostly Kuwahara is complaining about....I know people only care about getting the toys,but the way Mattel does their business is often shady.Look at the Hiss Torso promise? That was promised if we bought a 2015 sub that we would get it with another figure (which Toyguru confirmed it was suppose to come with Buzzsaw Hordak)...

*sigh*
I'm out, despiste having certain keyboard warriors on ignore, they just suck the fun out of the hobby with so much none sense... And since everybody keeps quoting them...
It's sad to see one of the oldest and longest threads on the boards to be hijacked by a couple of clowns while the mods sit idly...
I can handle a nutjob, but 3 is way too many...
Have fun with your little corner of sadness guys!! :wave:
:lol:

*sigh*
I'm out, despiste having certain keyboard warriors on ignore, they just suck the fun out of the hobby with so much none sense... And since everybody keeps quoting them...
It's sad to see one of the oldest and longest threads on the boards to be hijacked by a couple of clowns while the mods sit idly...
I can handle a nutjob, but 3 is way too many...
Have fun with your little corner of sadness guys!! :wave:
:lol:

:lecture

I suggest that anyone wanting to talk about the business practises/ models or behaviour of the company who produce these figs start a seperate thread for that kind of discussion please, in the discussion section of general.

This thread is for the discussion of the figures etc. It is a great thread that has always been like a little community, I would hate for that to be lost in amongst silly arguments and insults from some folk.

So any statistical analysis, criticism of business, business practices of the company and things of that nature, please leave for another thread.

Any personal insults/ general unpleasantness or contributing creating a toxic environment will be infracted. If a criticism about a product is to be made, put it across constructively and with respect to other members.

Lets get the fun back in this place.

Many thanks.
Shell
x :peace

Last edited:
Well said, Shell.

Just a reminder for everyone;

Code of Conduct

Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums. Remember, that your opinion is not a fact and repeating the same criticism over and over again is unlikely to change anyone else’s mind. Think about how your post comes across to readers and be mindful of how you’d like others to respond before you post. The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your access to these forums is a "privilege," and not a "right." Sideshowcollectors.com reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this code.

Back