Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so he went to Spinmaster.....talk about a lame toy company.....now he can spew his "Spin" for someone else

Please stop saying things as fact when they are speculative. You said with certainty he was going to Hasbro when he wasn't and you are now saying Spin Master is a lame company which it isn't. It's just a very different toy company is all.

Please stop saying things as fact when they are speculative. You said with certainty he was going to Hasbro when he wasn't and you are now saying Spin Master is a lame company which it isn't. It's just a very different toy company is all.

do you know where he is going then? I figured Hasbro because it made most sense,but I hear Spinmaster.....well he can take his spin there too.Different Toy Company or not,the toys they make are not what we collect or really all that interested in.So it seems we won't be hearing much from Toyguru,which is a good thing

Guys, brand managers change all the time and toy lines still carry on.

This ^

I don't think Scott Neitlich is the secret ingredient behind the success of Classics. You need someone like that who can keep things running, but there are thousands of guys who could take his place.

The success of MOTU Classics is the The Four Horseman Sculpts and us Fans buying the figures...Not The Mighty Neitlick..I mean Spector

He's not going to Hasbro.

I found Scott very easy to work with and wish him all the best in the new career.

shame, he might be just the man they need to turn The Joe brand around.

Hope we still see the rumored 200x line.. then again, it's likely alreay in the planning/sculpting stages as is, so if there is any truth to it, it's already in the works.

Figured I'd ask here rather than the "wants" thread for obvious reasons. Does anyone have the Demo-Man Skeletor head for sale?

Here's a question for any customizers out there: a lot of what I think makes the prototypes look so good is that they are very flat/matte whereas the actual figures have a lot of plastic shine to them. Has anyone ever put a matte sealer onto these figures and if so does it tone down the natural shine?

Here's a question for any customizers out there: a lot of what I think makes the prototypes look so good is that they are very flat/matte whereas the actual figures have a lot of plastic shine to them. Has anyone ever put a matte sealer onto these figures and if so does it tone down the natural shine?

The prototypes are less shiny because they're completely painted in flat colors, while the production figures are molded in the appropriate colors with only highlights and shading added, typically.

Not sure if Matte sealer would help, since the surface underneath is still shiny. You could try it with a cheap kid's toy to see if it helps

Oh believe me I know WHY they look so matte on the photos, I make a living as an artist and product designer so I often deal with the same issue. I was just curious if anyone here had tried it yet. I have a Mo-Larr coming in this week, he seems like a good candidate for a test run. I will keep you posted!

Back