Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can, you should totally get a Castle Grayskull Hellion and a Wind Raider. They are superb.

Eamon,how is the Battle Ram? I saw you had it in those photos...not sure if we'll get any reviews for it

Eamon,how is the Battle Ram? I saw you had it in those photos...not sure if we'll get any reviews for it

The Battle Ram is just as good if not more so than the Wind Raider. It's really detailed and solid. I didn't want to look at it too much as I want to enjoy my own one when it gets here but the times I did look at it, I was suitably rocked.
It's just a badd ass looking vehicle. Wheels are nice and fat.
The snake skysled (called the basher in the toon) is also really nice.

I'd sell you the whole set up to now (minus wind raider, Castle ,and Wundar) , but you'd have to take the good with the bad and it would cost a few thousand.

Appreciate it but I was only looking to get the ones I had as a kid no concept/ NA (other than Optikk)/ or 200x characters, or vehicles and even then just the villains no heroes. Just looking to relive my youth a bit, I was obsessed back in the day!

Has anybody fixed their Statos Wings? I did it to mine and the result is much better and now accurate to the Card back art..

after doing this simple fix,his wings can now be positioned properly too (add swivel articulation)

100_6857.JPG

To the person trolling me the past couple of days with "OMG you collect He-man and She-ra?! That's so gay!!" and "She-Ra's a girls toy" and "Why you waste money buying that rubbish".

I don't know how old you are (I suspect you're young), but let me educate you. Both He-man and She-Ra cartoon series are two of the most iconic 80s cartoons ever made. Classic cartoons of the 80s like Masters of the Universe, Transformers, Voltron, Thundercats, and many more effectively defined my childhood, and the 80s in my mind will always be considered the best decade ever because of that.

Weekend mornings or after school episodes throughout the 80s ingrained these characters in my sub-concious. Even I am amazed now when I really think about how much these cartoons drive the way I collect as an adult.

You're probably not old enough to know about something called nostalgia, but it can be a *****! It makes you buy things that deep down in your sub-conscious reminds you of a simpler time, and takes you back to when you were a kid just loving the cartoon, the characters, and their world.

And it's not just cartoons. It's movies and other TV shows from the late 70s, 80s, and even early 90s that have stayed with me all this time. There's a reason why people like me say "They don't make them like they used to". And that's because they just don't!

Maybe when you've grown up and look back on your childhood one day, you'll know what I'm talking about here.

All I can say is, just look at this photo. Everything in this photos is just pure awesome. No ifs, no buts. If you don't get it, then this page is not for you. For everyone else, who I believe are like me, and "get it", sound off below with your thoughts on collecting, nostalgia, and the frickin awesome 80s :D

I think you were being more than generous with your reply there. Mine probably would not have been.

In a world where grown men stay at home playing video games for 10 hours at a time, buy and collect My Little Pony and collect figures where you need to change their clothes, to have a go at He-Man is well antiquated.

I am sure your moron troller there is into something that is actually "totally gay" (to use his ill fitting words)...ya know like any contact sport.

Has anybody fixed their Statos Wings? I did it to mine and the result is much better and now accurate to the Card back art..

after doing this simple fix,his wings can now be positioned properly too (add swivel articulation)

View attachment 143778

Yup. I did the wing fix when he first came out a few years back. Looks so much better.

Looking at those early figures they used to paint these so much better. There has been an increasing number of cut corners on these guys over the years in addition to the raising prices.

If you are into the line this shold not be an issue for you. You can always add 1-2 highlights with a brush. In fact upgrading these guys here and there is a perfect way to enjoy even the lesser great figures such as Nephtu. :)
And although there have been some price cuts, the sculpts have improved dramatically over the years and the paint is always great. Especially figures like Mantena, the Horde Troopers are still great.

There are still some great releases, this year alone I've been really impressed with Two-Bad, Modulok and Scorpia. But there are undeniably a lot more duds. I'm rubbish with a paint brush so that really isn't an option for me unfortunately :( Also I think the need to regularly repaint something I paid £30 for is pretty inexcusable, which is why I skip about 2/3 of releases nowadays.

well.. if You like it, i guess that's what matters.. personally don't care for that head at all.

anyone taking bets on how long the battle ram will languaish on the site?

it's obvious why I like it (Vintage look all the way).....the MOTU Classics heads of both Fisto and Jitsu were sculpted by the 5th horseman which he took
an artistic interpretation to more 200x looking..If Eric Treadway would of sculpted Fisto and Jitsu,the heads would of been much more vintage looking (which IMO should of been)...it's nice that artists like Zombihama,kevin kosse,jim pansen are stepping up and making better heads for my figures

it's obvious why I like it (Vintage look all the way).....the MOTU Classics heads of both Fisto and Jitsu were sculpted by the 5th horseman which he took
an artistic interpretation to more 200x looking..If Eric Treadway would of sculpted Fisto and Jitsu,the heads would of been much more vintage looking (which IMO should of been)...it's nice that artists like Zombihama,kevin kosse,jim pansen are stepping up and making better heads for my figures
:beer

I like the vintageness of it, but the paint is way too glossy - looks like it's made of porcelain. Just IMO.

anybody looking for any of the great rebellion figures, im selling all of mine. $15 each shipping and tracking included (only if inside the usa. )message me. i have them all so far (except swiftwind,kowl, and lookee. all for sale except Box. i need them to go asap. all are open but complete, no damages. Ive sold on here before. i can send pics

Back