Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is babble over at the org that King Hiss from the 2 pack set does NOT come with his Snake Form (it may come with another figure??)....Yeah,I'm not subbing and Matty can kiss my arse now if this is true

I'm definitely not subbing until I see the MOTUC walkthrough Scott does with Dan, but as long as I get the snake form within the 2015 sub year, I would be okay if it didn't come with the two pack... even if that notion is ridiculous. If the snake form is "just for show" then yeah, Matty can go **** themselves. Need to see Pixel-Dan's walkthrough. Most likely will be up tomorrow and I can watch it when I get home from work.

It'd be nice if they included an extra set of legs with King Hiss and He-man
so we could have a displayed King Hiss in snake form as well.
It would make a lot more sense as well, but that's just from our perspective.
However, with our luck Matty would count that as a 3-pack.

Honestly, I think I'm more excited about Snake Armour He-Man and Hiss' snake form. The snake armour is one of my favorite He-Man variants, but the snake form... that's how the original Hiss release's snake form should have looked like. One of the minor nitpicks I've had with MOTUC is that they can be too much a slave to the vintage design at times. Mekaneck springs to mind instantly, King Hiss' snake form is another, I would consider Stratos as well, but he kind of gets a pass seeing as he was done so early in the line. I prefer it when they incorporate multiple concepts into one "ultimate" version of the vintage character.

Anyone at the panel or from the booth get any answers as to why the line HAS to end next year? The talk has always been if we buy they supply ... Now it's the end of the road? Is this purely marketing?

Any hints of a new line continuing but utilizing the existing bucks?

Would the new line get out the remaining New Adventures characters who will be left without an update?

Ask one of the 4H to sculpt up a Hordak head for the Sky Sled and gives us a repainted Horde Ram ... Pack in a Catra variant ...

Fisto comes to mind when you say "ultimate" version. The damn thing looks kick ass! And Snake Armor He-man is a fantastic figure. 200x and now the Motuc one. These are of course just rumors that the form may not be included..but I'm not sure where the heck they would put it.
The battle packs are done, so it wouldn't fit there. Maybe..Sssqueeze? I don't know. I'm just sticking with the 'rumors' option for now instead of getting up in arms about it.

I'll have my pitch fork by my bedside just in case though!

Fisto comes to mind when you say "ultimate" version. The damn thing looks kick ass!

Fisto is exactly who I had in mind when I said that. I loved the 200x inspired extras he came with, they really took him to another level entirely. Grizzlor was another one that was enhanced by the extras they added to the vintage design.

I'm not going to start getting angry about rumors just yet, kind of why I want to watch the walkthrough first. It should give me a decent inclination of where their mindset is at with the 2015 lineup. Definitely leaning towards subbing up again, just need that last final push.

To confirm from Pixel Dan's walk through with Scott:

And the King Hssss snake form will come later in the year with another figure. Such an odd choice? Who could that piece come with? Is there another mini type figure or 200X Sorceress? A POP figure? No way it comes with Sssqueeze? It's gotta be a smaller figure, right?

Wow, I don't think there's a single reveal I don't like! Well, maybe NA She-Ra, but I just don't like NA. The rest is great!

Honestly.. I have no clue who it would come with. That's a fairly big accessory to just put with another figure. Also, after watching Dan's video I REALLY hope it is just a solid piece and not bendy at all. It looked so kick ass like that!

These giant versions of the vintage figures were pretty much the only thing I was looking forward to but from the bad He-Man sculpt, to the non-collector friendly and not accurate packaging, this line is turning out very disappointing. If nothing is fixed I will definitely be passing on them. With 3d printers becoming the norm today, I could probably scan an old figure and make my own giant version.

formbub.jpg

Man! It's been insane the past few days!!
Mostly happy with the reveals!!
Snake HM & King Hssss are amazing!!
Was a the HM.org party last night and had a blast! Though we had to leave early...

Well dang, a month ago I had convinced myself that I was not going to subscribe for 2015, but the SDCC reveals made me change my mind. Ninjor, Lizard Man and especially Oo-Lar look amazing. I went ahead and placed my 2015 sub order. I hate myself a little bit now for being so weak :p

Back