Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sub figures are $26 each.....Day of sale are $28

12 figures @ $ 26 each (Lizard Man,Ninjor,Angella,Huntara,Dragstor,Peekablue,Perfuma,Mara,Sssqueeze,Saurod,Dylamug,Blast-Attak)

1- figure @ $26 (probably buzzsaw hordak)

2- figures @ $52 ( likely 2 packs of Rotar/Twistoid and Lazer light He-man/Skeletor)

1- figure @ $42 (Multi-bot)

1-year end item @ $60 (Stridor)

Sub figures are $26 each.....Day of sale are $28

12 figures @ $ 26 each (Lizard Man,Ninjor,Angella,Huntara,Dragstor,Peekablue,Perfuma,Mara,Sssqueeze,Saurod,Dylamug,Blast-Attak)

1- figure @ $26 (probably buzzsaw hordak)

2- figures @ $52 ( likely 2 packs of Rotar/Twistoid and Lazer light He-man/Skeletor)

1- figure @ $42 (Multi-bot)

1-year end item @ $60 (Stridor)

Out of that list the only figures I'd be willing to pay for would be Dragstor, Sssqueeze, Saurod, Laser Light He-Man and Skeletor, and maybe Angella.

Out of that list the only figures I'd be willing to pay for would be Dragstor, Sssqueeze, Saurod, Laser Light He-Man and Skeletor, and maybe Angella.

I'll be after Lizard Man,Ninjor,Dragstor,Stridor......maybe Ssssqueeze,Blast Atak and Dylamug (need to see them first)

As far as I'm concerned, Mattel just does not make quality the highest priority in the way they go about their products. The 4H are the ones who put the majority of the effort into these collectibles because they're true artists. The best decision Mattel ever made was going with these guys, and often when a figure fails to impress it's due to interference coming from the sub-par in-house team. What kind of sucks is that I don't see Mattel improving this brand because they don't seem to be willing to hone down the line to anything meaningful. Pop/NA generally do not go well with MOTU aside from some notable exceptions. Scott's Yankee Doodle philosophy that MOTU's appeal is random grab-bag of wackiness has helped make the brand a huge mess. I know there are plenty of fans who are of the same mind, but it's not one that could ever possibly elevate the franchise into something more appealing or profitable.

Right now, Takara Tomy's MP line is taking up my adult collector re envisioning itch. MOTUC has effectively run out of easy decisions and the slack that Mattel expects the 4H to pick up is just too great at this point. We have a metric ton of figures here, but noticeably inconsistent quality from one month to the other. In the end I feel like it would have been much more worthwhile if Mattel figured out a way to spread out the releases and focus on quality rather than sheer quantity. Then again, there was Voltron. :lol

I couldn't agree more

I'm excited that prices didn't get too much higher. I was fearing it'd go up more. I'll be buying just one sub this year. But I'll probably just go ahead and buy it tomorrow.

As far as I'm concerned, Mattel just does not make quality the highest priority in the way they go about their products.

Right now, Takara Tomy's MP line is taking up my adult collector re envisioning itch. MOTUC has effectively run out of easy decisions and the slack that Mattel expects the 4H to pick up is just too great at this point. We have a metric ton of figures here, but noticeably inconsistent quality from one month to the other. In the end I feel like it would have been much more worthwhile if Mattel figured out a way to spread out the releases and focus on quality rather than sheer quantity. Then again, there was Voltron. :lol

After seeing Masterpiece Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee, Spike, Daniel and exo-suit Daniel Takara Tomy is really making incredible progress with the Transformers line. Takara Tomy are on a whole other level when it comes to Adult Collectibles. CollectionDX did a video review on Voltron and pointed out the differences between robot collectibles made by industry leaders like Bandai and Takara Tomy and the Mattel Voltron. Mattel was way out of their league. Way out.

After seeing Masterpiece Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee, Spike, Daniel and exo-suit Daniel Takara Tomy is really making incredible progress with the Transformers line. Takara Tomy are on a whole other level when it comes to Adult Collectibles. CollectionDX did a video review on Voltron and pointed out the differences between robot collectibles made by industry leaders like Bandai and Takara Tomy and the Mattel Voltron. Mattel was way out of their league. Way out.

They were definitely out of their comfort zone. I remember when Bandai got Thundercats and Mattel got Voltron, it was like we were in Bizarro world. The 4H working on Thundercats would have been SO killer.

They were definitely out of their comfort zone. I remember when Bandai got Thundercats and Mattel got Voltron, it was like we were in Bizarro world. The 4H working on Thundercats would have been SO killer.

Holy smokes! That would have been perfect. If the 4H were doing Thundercats alongside MOTUC I'd probably still be collecting. Have a Jaga side-by-side with Sorceress, a 4H Mumm-Ra the ever-living. The possibilities are endless.

Of course Mattel can't hang with the likes of Takara Tomy or any other major Japanese toy company when it comes to quality.

So, I'm still gonna sign up. gonna go ahead and do it next week.
anyone else?

I just can't do it....there is going to be alot of variants in the '15 sub (BS Hordak,Starburst She-ra,Flying fists he-man,Terror claws skeletor) that is too much for me and then trying to re-sell them?

I can dig that. For me, it's just more wacky charcaters. my son seems to love them, so i'm good for whatever. they keep making them, i'll keep subbing.

Though, i think Vitruvian Hacks is gonna start scratching that fantasy figure itch i have.

I can dig that. For me, it's just more wacky charcaters. my son seems to love them, so i'm good for whatever. they keep making them, i'll keep subbing.

Though, i think Vitruvian Hacks is gonna start scratching that fantasy figure itch i have.

I'm definitely tempted to...but I really need to see what is shown at SDCC,then I can figure out the remaining '15 list 100%...Cherry picking seems easier without having to buy figures I am not really interested in

playing around on the Sub page,they want $15.99 to ship ONE figure Fedex

One figure equals $42 shipped

.... Don't use Fedex?

Not interested in have my figures take 10 days to get to me using the rip off Logistics shipping...priority mail is 2-3 days for much less.Wish people could see that DR is ripping us off with their shipping prices

Back