Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well finally got round to opening the UNO Matty sent me by mistake and, after being gutted at the initial reveal, I'm surprised by how much I like it, especially with the alternate head on.

Does anyone have the Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull and expansion set? If so could I squeeze it on top of a detolf? (14.5 inches long by 17 inches wide)

Well finally got round to opening the UNO Matty sent me by mistake and, after being gutted at the initial reveal, I'm surprised by how much I like it, especially with the alternate head on.

Does anyone have the Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull and expansion set? If so could I squeeze it on top of a detolf? (14.5 inches long by 17 inches wide)

UNO gets 10 times cool after you get the custom Zombihamma's UNO head for it

Thanks for the tip :) I Just went on his facebook page to have a look and that head does look pretty awesome. I could give that guy a fortune, would love to army build his orc custom!

Last edited:
Yeah a new head would be nice but over all I have to say that I do not care about a Filmation Hordak let alone the Imp chest...and i am a completest.

Eamon, did you ever get any resolution with Tom Cook? The thread over at the org is pretty much dead.

I'm a quarterly subscriber and I need to change my shipping address on Matty. Will there be any problems and is this even possible?

Eamon, did you ever get any resolution with Tom Cook? The thread over at the org is pretty much dead.

I am still thinking about that one. He was selling more prints at C2E2 though not my She-Ra, so I think a public outing is on the cards. Had he been not a total ****** to speak to, this would not be happening.

I am still thinking about that one. He was selling more prints at C2E2 though not my She-Ra, so I think a public outing is on the cards. Had he been not a total ****** to speak to, this would not be happening.

Ah, so you already spoke to him. If you don't mind me asking, what did he have to say?

Ah, so you already spoke to him. If you don't mind me asking, what did he have to say?

I no longer see a need to give an old man the benefit of the doubt and after you read his replies, you will firmly agree.

Hi Eamon and I would like to start by saying that your She-Ra artwork, where she is looking over her shoulder is beautiful and is perhaps the nicest thing I saw while perusing your website today. I am emailing you today for a few reasons and the foremost was to compliment you on your excellent work. The second is to inquire why you went about this roundabout way to accuse me of stealing your work. Emailing me and pretending you wanted a print that I had decorated with at Power-Con rather than just asking me where I got the artwork and letting me know it was yours and you didn't want it copied. I was online when I ran into your picture and not noticing any copyright or any explanation who did this I made a print of it and took it with me to decorate my booth at Power-Con... as you know I was an animator on the show back in the 1980s. When I received your initial email I had no idea what you were talking about and then realized you must have seen the art at my booth, liked it and wanted one for your "girlfriend" as you said in the email. Being someone who likes to please fans of the show I went out and searched the web for the picture again, made a copy and sent it to you only to find that this was a planned trap to accuse me of selling your artwork as my own, which couldn't be further from the truth. At conventions many people come to me with toys, posters, prints and even fan art and DVD covers and want me to sign them. I did not create the toys, DVD covers or DVDs, I didn't draw the posters or fanart and I tell them that before I sign it but they want my autograph on them because I worked on a show they loved. I asked if you wanted the print autographed not to fake you into thinking I drew the picture but I thought that you and your girlfriend were simply fans of the show and I aimed to please. Months later I get an email from someone I met in Portland that they were a member of He-Man.org and that you were out there saying some pretty nasty and untrue things about me. I wanted to assure you that none of what you are saying is true and I would hope you could go out there and set the record straight. I do not make prints of your work available to the fans and if I did I would tell them who did the work and give them your website as a place to see more. I didn't do that because I wasn't aware of who did the artwork because I only saw the picture and not on a website. Safe to say that using it as a decoration at my booth brought many fans to my booth when they saw it because it is so stunningly beautiful, much more than the normal She-Ra picture ;)

Rather than hatching this devious plan to entrap me, all you had to do is email me directly and tell me you didn't want me to display your art and I would have complied without question because... I am not a thief and it seems you have somehow deduced I had evil intentions. I simply saw an uncopyrighted picture of a trademarked character that I thought would look beautiful decorating my booth.

Now, having explained all that to you I would hope you would go correct the record and slanderous things you said on He-man.org which affects my reputation. Also, now that I know who did the art I could post the picture at my booth and let people know your web address and perhaps drive some business your way (I only used it at Power-Con and I have been a guest at 8 different cons so far). I could also make better quality prints, with your permission, and sell them at the cons I attend and give you a percentage of the proceeds. I understand your anger and what you "thought" I was doing but please believe that I am a 61 year old nice fan pleasing guy that simply loved your work and was trying to make a fan happy... I wasn't trying to sell or claim the artwork as my own. Communication rather than accusation would have been a much better way to have addressed this situation. Sincerely, Tom Cook

What She-Ra pic if you dont mind me asking?

Just to understand it right: displaying a pic that is not yours on your booth is not illegal in the US? In Germany you are not allowed to simply print an item that is not yours for your (public/commerce) purposes. In fact even the artist would have a problem over here because the displayed character is copyrighted. However it would not be an issue if the art is not sold/reprinted but just displayed... Anyway, guess its always about the money. People would sign everything for a few bucks...

I think it's entirely reasonable to see if he's selling your print before telling him to stop. If you had just said "hey that's mine" he could have easily denied ever selling it. He seems to do that anyway and it sounds like he tried selling you your own print if I'm reading that right?

What She-Ra pic if you dont mind me asking?

This She-Ra pic which I drew a few years ago.
She-Ra-poster.jpg

I think it's entirely reasonable to see if he's selling your print before telling him to stop. If you had just said "hey that's mine" he could have easily denied ever selling it. He seems to do that anyway and it sounds like he tried selling you your own print if I'm reading that right?

He didn't try, he did. To cut a long story short, one of my friends at PowerCon emailed me to say that Tom Cook was selling and signing prints of my art along with other artists like Earl Norem and William George. To see if this was indeed true and before i could go public, I asked my girlfriend to buy a (my) She-Ra print from Tom Cook's website as she said "I saw you had it for sale at PowerCon and i missed out". She paid Tom Cook via paypal to his personal account and soon received a very poorly printed print with my She-Ra art on and my actual signature removed.

The email I posted above is one of a few backs and forth I have had with him but as you can see, he feels he has done nothing wrong and seems to have some claim over anything related to the animated series he once worked on years ago. In this case Filmations's MOTU and POP.

He is in short a very arrogant old man and I would have him exposed as the thief he is.

Jeez. That blows man. That email from him really rubs me the wrong way too. It's so… I'm not sure how to describe it. The way he keeps saying how nice your artwork is and then playing the victim of your "entrapment" and "slander". Then at the end he has the gall to offer to sell your work with his signature and only give you a "percentage".

up to a point I wasn't really wanting to do anything and give him the benefit of the doubt but he kept this same tone throughout so to hell with him now.
Once i get a moment I will take this to bleeding cool news as they seem to like stories like this.

Saying that I actively don't want to be publically shaming someone as it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

He was also selling Earl Norem and William George prints? I'm surprised the Power-Con organizers let him exhibit with this stuff. That's just wrong

Ah I remember that pic. To be honest I always wanted that as a huge poster. :lol

Seriously he even removed your signature?! What an *******. :duh

Edit:

If you feel better go ahead and destroy this guys rep. I can fully understand and am totally with you! :hi5:

However keep in mind that time has changed. Maybe I speak just for me but to be honest I cannot even tell you who he is. I know he is somehow connected to something in the MOTU-universe but apparently his time is long over. Yet I know who Eamon is. Sometimes it is simply not worth it...

Last edited:
This is my predicted lineup for the rest of the year.....been doing some extra research/trademarked product etc and this is who I think we are getting

Oct-Eldor/Sweet Bee/Lighthope/Arrow
Nov-Tung Lashor/NA She-ra
Dec-Gwildor/Spinnerella Holiday item-Mermista

2015 Dylamug,Multi-bot....

Sssqueeze is in trademark limbo which means his figure is not coming this year,Dragstor,Ninjor,Angella,Stridor,Lizard Man,Perfuma and Blast attak are NOT trademarked...

This She-Ra pic which I drew a few years ago.
She-Ra-poster.jpg

He didn't try, he did. To cut a long story short, one of my friends at PowerCon emailed me to say that Tom Cook was selling and signing prints of my art along with other artists like Earl Norem and William George. To see if this was indeed true and before i could go public, I asked my girlfriend to buy a (my) She-Ra print from Tom Cook's website as she said "I saw you had it for sale at PowerCon and i missed out". She paid Tom Cook via paypal to his personal account and soon received a very poorly printed print with my She-Ra art on and my actual signature removed.

The email I posted above is one of a few backs and forth I have had with him but as you can see, he feels he has done nothing wrong and seems to have some claim over anything related to the animated series he once worked on years ago. In this case Filmations's MOTU and POP.

He is in short a very arrogant old man and I would have him exposed as the thief he is.

Yeah, not just decorating his booth with it, but selling it online with your sig removed. What a loser, nail him! :cuss

up to a point I wasn't really wanting to do anything and give him the benefit of the doubt but he kept this same tone throughout so to hell with him now.
Once i get a moment I will take this to bleeding cool news as they seem to like stories like this.

Saying that I actively don't want to be publically shaming someone as it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Have you sent him a C&D? That's always a good place to start. I'm not sure if you're wanting to get all legal on him put it would help any future situations that may arise.

And it's ridiculous that he's playing the "ignorance of the law" story. He knowingly downloaded a picture from the internet to use to promote himself and sell his autograph. No celebrity ever gives you a free print to have him sign it, they always sell the print and then sell you the autograph on top of that sale.

Tom Cook was a Filmation animator who worked on MOTU and POP. He seems to think he can now lay claim to any MOTU or POP material as though it's his own. It's mental in a whole bunch of ways not least because he was an artist himself. I will just go public. I am not a famous artist (...yet) so it's not going to be of much interest but he cannot be allowed to get away with theft like this.

This is my predicted lineup for the rest of the year.....been doing some extra research/trademarked product etc and this is who I think we are getting

Oct-Eldor/Sweet Bee/Lighthope/Arrow
Nov-Tung Lashor/NA She-ra
Dec-Gwildor/Spinnerella Holiday item-Mermista

2015 Dylamug,Multi-bot....

Sssqueeze is in trademark limbo which means his figure is not coming this year,Dragstor,Ninjor,Angella,Stridor,Lizard Man,Perfuma and Blast attak are NOT trademarked...

So really, Tongue Lashor is the one to be excited by there really?! Perhaps Gwildor.

I do not like NA She-Ra at all. Call it whatever you like but when I get a moment, i will draw up a proper NA She-Ra. What we got is a 200x ceremonial outfit and not something befitting the twins of the 'prophecy'. The one time they should look like twins, they don't.

Back