Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, That's more reasonable. I took him to mean the head, hands and neck piece arrived unpainted.

the whole process cost me about $115 (buying the right paints,the jitsu body and the materials for a custom cape I made myself)

lets see.. 5-20$ for jitsu.. what paints did you use?

Alvis instructed me to use these colors and BRAND-

Citadel Gehenna's Gold and Citadel Mournfang Brown

getting an extra Jitsu ran me about $35 shipped

Right paints, but you WAY overpaid for jitsu. you can get him for 15 shipped with no accessories on ebay. Less if you try and get lucky.
ABSOLUTE MOST would be 27 shipped.

WHERE did you get the paints?

Right paints, but you WAY overpaid for jitsu. you can get him for 15 shipped with no accessories on ebay. Less if you try and get lucky.
ABSOLUTE MOST would be 27 shipped.

WHERE did you get the paints?

keep in mind,I bought my kit a while back when Jitsu was fairly new...there were no loose Jitsu's for sale when I went looking for his buck.

I got them here $4 each..just do a search for the colors I listed

https://www.games-workshop.com/gws/...atId=cat730002a&rootCatGameStyle=paints-tools

He's been out there since shortly BEFORE his release if you know where to look. the INSANELY CHEAP ones are factory rejects. Minor paint errors on the heads and boots. that sort of thing. Same shops that Had Standor back in September.

But I digress. Not a BAD deal on the paints, but you MIGHT have gotten them cheaper if you have a LCS that deals in warhammer. Buying direct from games workshop is allways more pricey.

So,
Pixel Dan won't get a Grayskull Castle…
This is just ridiculous… People during SDCC and Power-Con were respectful Mattel's property… it only takes one ****** to ruin it for all…

No early review for MOTU Classics Castle Grayskull
Published November 14, 2013 | By Pixel Dan
Many of you probably received an e-mail this week letting you know that your pre-ordered Castle Grayskull would be billed on November 19th, and shipping soon after. I know I did, and I couldn’t be more excited to finally have this beast of a playset!

Of course with that e-mail going out, I have been receiving quite a few e-mails, private messages, tweets, comments, etc all asking me when to expect my early review of Castle Grayskull. I never want to assume that Mattel would be sending me one to review. I usually don’t ever just assume I’ll get everything early, because I understand that’s not always going to happen. Plus I have a subscription and a Castle on pre-order, so I know that either way I’ll be doing a review.

But since so many people have been asking me, I went ahead and touched base with the ToyGuru himself, Scott Neitlich.

Not good news.

Apparently, Mattel had every intention of sending me an early review sample of Castle Grayskull. But you might remember hearing about the Castle Grayskull display at this year’s New York Comic Con. Guests at NYCC took it upon themselves to steal several pieces of the Castle, along with several figures from the display. Quite the disgusting act, I must say.

Well…turns out that Castle that was on display was my review sample.

It was the first production piece Mattel had of the Castle. Remember, the Castle’s shown off at SDCC and Power-Con were still in development. So NYCC got the first production Castle on display, which was going to make it’s way to me after the show so that I could do a detailed review for all of you. But since guests at NYCC stole half of the accessories to the playset, it’s now not coming out for early review.

Bummer. And it just goes to show that being petty and stealing bits and pieces off a display does indeed have an affect on others.

Now I’ll definitely still be doing my typical review. As soon as the Castle I purchased arrives, filming will begin. But I wanted to give you all a heads up that there will not be an early review, and with Scott’s permission, explain to you why there would be no early review.

Stealing is not cool.

So,
Pixel Dan won't get a Grayskull Castle…
This is just ridiculous… People during SDCC and Power-Con were respectful Mattel's property… it only takes one ****** to ruin it for all…

there has been alot of douchery at the past two cons..

crying about Diapers on girly action figures and taking upon themselves to to Steal Glimmer,then cut up Glimmer's panties and return her back into the case.

then,NYCC thieves galore stealing figures (Horde Troopers etc) and Castle Grayskull parts..

I guess fans think they are socking it to Mattel

there has been alot of douchery at the past two cons..

crying about Diapers on girly action figures and taking upon themselves to to Steal Glimmer,then cut up Glimmer's panties and return her back into the case.

then,NYCC thieves galore stealing figures (Horde Troopers etc) and Castle Grayskull parts..

I guess fans think they are socking it to Mattel

According to all of the conspiracy theorists it was Toyguru that did all of those actions. People on Facebook and other forums are saying that Toyguru wants that first Grayskull for himself and he stole all of the parts. Also, they stated he was on the grassy knoll :wink1:

According to all of the conspiracy theorists it was Toyguru that did all of those actions. People on Facebook and other forums are saying that Toyguru wants that first Grayskull for himself and he stole all of the parts. Also, they stated he was on the grassy knoll :wink1:

Don't believe that for a second

Was it Toyguru who trimmed Glimmer's Diaper's too?

Maybe Toyguru staged the whole fan outcry over the Panties and the two fans that interupted the fan panel was Toyguru's idea and plan the whole time??

Maybe Toyguru wanted controversy over the Sorceress not properly sitting on the throne aswell by saying its not her castle (which it's not) :)

Back