Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both the Horde Troopers and Mantenna have sold out. Luckily I didn't miss out on Mantenna, such a neat looking figure.

I got my Mantenna and Cowl. Would've liked to have the Horde Troopers, but I had to pass on them for now. If they go up again in the future, I'll pick them up. Otherwise, I can live without.

Yeah the shipping cost remains one of my biggest complaints. I have had large 10+ lb. boxes shipped from California faster and cheaper. I'm paying $10 for shipping of a small box that takes two weeks to get to me. That's nuts.

that is because Digital River charges extra for handling,materials and wharehouse storage (this was admitted by Toyguru couple years ago while that just flew right over people's head)

shipping is expensive because they are charging us for those extra's services,while Mattel flips the bill over the customer

I got held up at work (with time difference 9am sale is 5pm for me). Just got home, saw it was sold out, had a cry, then my girlfriend suprised me by saying she'd ordered on her account. Gotta love her :)

Last edited:
that is because Digital River charges extra for handling,materials and wharehouse storage (this was admitted by Toyguru couple years ago while that just flew right over people's head)

shipping is expensive because they are charging us for those extra's services,while Mattel flips the bill over the customer

Yup for sure. They're hiding cost of the figures in the shipping cost. They really cost more like $32 or so at DoS not $27 bur $5 or so of that cost is hidden in the shipping :(

Toyguru has shot down having any more Horde Trooper's production runs....what has been sold,is sold other than any customer service stock which will be sold eventually (if at all) in early access,then leading to never seeing day of sales again for these...

figures from 2012 and beyond will not see another production run....what is produced is produced

Last edited:
Nope I actually forgot about the sale today, but I did just notice that I never got an email from Matty for my October items.. Guess I'm going to have to battle Digital River. May not get the horde troopers after all.

Toyguru has shot down having any more Horde Trooper's production runs....what has been sold,is sold other than any customer service stock which will be sold eventually (if at all) in early access,then leading to never seeing day of sales again for these...

figures from 2012 and beyond will not see another production run....what is produced is produced

That was made clear quite a while ago but you'd think they'd make an exception for army builders. I'm sure Toy Guru commented recently on a Roast Gooble or somewhere that they substantially increased production for Horde Troopers. He even went so far as to say that they had anticipated the increased demand and weren't idiots :rolleyes2

That was made clear quite a while ago but you'd think they'd make an exception for army builders. I'm sure Toy Guru commented recently on a Roast Gooble or somewhere that they substantially increased production for Horde Troopers. He even went so far as to say that they had anticipated the increased demand and weren't idiots :rolleyes2

Turns out they WERE idiots....... :cuckoo:

I have heard the justification for why they don't do additional runs on figures but I don't buy it. I think it's just more of their imo misguided attempt at making the toys more marketable by limiting their availability.

Horde Troopers had a much higher production run...the problem is the 10 per customer limit...Folks were buying 5 to 6 and 10 at a time...

Stock goes quick when folks are buying at that rate

you at least had 5 minutes to get you order in :lol

Well, ideally we should all have at least 4-6 sets of these.....
They didn't budget that kind of stock.
And this was the heaviest month, about to be followed by Grayskull. Imagine what kind of numbers would have sold in a slow month!

Turns out they WERE idiots....... :cuckoo:

we are idiots because we keep handing Mattel money for their product :lol

I have heard the justification for why they don't do additional runs on figures but I don't buy it. I think it's just more of their imo misguided attempt at making the toys more marketable by limiting their availability.

I like limited runs....it's good to know my investment in this line maintains its value (for some figures) and some go up in value because of popularity.Yes,its sucks when figures are hard to get,but I like that they are not over producing the line and ruining the collectibility of the figures

Just wait....those who did not pre-order Castle Grayskull are going to regret it

Here's a walkthrough video from CoolToyReview:

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZqNzZZRjgn4[/ame]

Did anybody notice that weird He-Man figure inside the case?

attachment.php

Crap, totally forgot about today.

Anyone have a spare Mantenna or Horde Troopers? Yeah, yeah... I know everyone's asking. :)

Back