Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer about the Horde Troopers, but it's to be expected with Matty. If the held back customer service stock pops up in early access some day, I'll just ask a friend of mine with sub to order a set for me.

It's been awhile since I've bought anything from Matty, but I gotta agree with those that are experiencing a bit of sticker shock. Mantenna was one of my absolute favorites, so he's worth it to me, but if they increase the price of the figures and shipping yet again in 2015, I'm going to be happy with what I have and call it a day.

Yeah Mantenna almost feels worth it but stuff like Nepthu seems like it costs way too damn much. I know they share tooling costs across the figures but that doesn't really matter since it's only the most complex impressive figures that come close to feeling like they're worth it and even then, $40 or so after shipping steel feels like too much.

Oh well, I have gotten more out of the line that I wanted than I ever expected to. I currently have eight Horde members (10 if you count Rattlor and Batros) which is about four more than I hoped for and I have three more in the mail and more coming in 2014.

Speaking of cost and price increases, Mattel has claimed an increase in the cost of labor and materials to justify the price increase for new figures. Yet He-Man and Skeletor are being sold at the new day-of-sale price of $27 instead of their original day-of-sale price of $22, despite that He-Man, Skeletor, and the other Collection Essentials figures are supposed to be old figures that they have been having on hand. It's b.s. like this that makes me want to get out of collecting this line. I'm glad I'm pretty much done with it.

I've got the Troopers and Mantenna on the way. Really excited for them, CG, and all the 2014 sub goodness, yall! I know I'll end up trading/flipping a lot of my sub for figs I missed (see the link to my list below), but that doesn't mitigate my utter joy at this line!

Bummer about the Horde Troopers, but it's to be expected with Matty. If the held back customer service stock pops up in early access some day, I'll just ask a friend of mine with sub to order a set for me.

It's been awhile since I've bought anything from Matty, but I gotta agree with those that are experiencing a bit of sticker shock. Mantenna was one of my absolute favorites, so he's worth it to me, but if they increase the price of the figures and shipping yet again in 2015, I'm going to be happy with what I have and call it a day.

unfortunately Toyguru confirmed the 2015 price increase during the walkthrough at Power Con....prices are 100% going up for '15..the question is how much? $2 or another $5.Even then Toyguru said that these figures someday will be $40 (they already are now when you include shipping)

Yeah Mantenna almost feels worth it but stuff like Nepthu seems like it costs way too damn much. I know they share tooling costs across the figures but that doesn't really matter since it's only the most complex impressive figures that come close to feeling like they're worth it and even then, $40 or so after shipping steel feels like too much.

Oh well, I have gotten more out of the line that I wanted than I ever expected to. I currently have eight Horde members (10 if you count Rattlor and Batros) which is about four more than I hoped for and I have three more in the mail and more coming in 2014.

Two-bad sealed the deal for me..1982-1985 is complete (which was the time period I collected as a kid and then walked away in '86 to continue on with GI Joe).I can walk away happy with this collection,Which now my dilema is do I Sub again in 2015? My wallet and the remaining character choices is saying No!

I want Rio-blast the most,Ninjor and Dragstor (Tung Lashor is in '14) but I can't Sub just for those 3

Speaking of cost and price increases, Mattel has claimed an increase in the cost of labor and materials to justify the price increase for new figures. Yet He-Man and Skeletor are being sold at the new day-of-sale price of $27 instead of their original day-of-sale price of $22, despite that He-Man, Skeletor, and the other Collection Essentials figures are supposed to be old figures that they have been having on hand. It's b.s. like this that makes me want to get out of collecting this line. I'm glad I'm pretty much done with it.

Yeah,there is no reason why the figures currently in the store should be $27 each when they were originally $20...

My main reason of wanting the line to end soon is because I am tired of buying unwanted figures.Not that the figures are bad,it's just they are not what I truely wanted to collect (such as POP and NA)

Don't get me wrong. I love this line. I'm really happy to have all the MOTUC figures I have. I'm looking forward to almost every figure that's been revealed for 2014 so far, as I actually like NA and She-Ra just about as much as MOTU. Still, I'm looking forward to the day when I can say that my MOTUC collection is complete. I'll be glad to put all the aggravation and b.s. that's been a part of collecting this line behind me.

I put all the aggravation and b.s. behind me after the Battle Cat fiasco. I love MOTU, but it's not worth to get worked up over ANY toy line. I just enjoy the ride and I've been a happy camper ever since! :D

I don't see how the line will hit 100% for 2015. But whether it does or not, I think I'll be done after 2014. If I buy 2015 at all, it will just be one sub.

Get a job, ya goldbrick! ;)

Not sure what that's supposed to mean... :)

I put all the aggravation and b.s. behind me after the Battle Cat fiasco. I love MOTU, but it's not worth to get worked up over ANY toy line. I just enjoy the ride and I've been a happy camper ever since! :D

Yeah, me too. I'm sure the Horde Troopers will be back and/or interest will die down sooner or later.

I'd rather get them sooner, though. Should have been more on the ball, oh well. :)

Been doing this UK MOTU Convention (which was great by the way) so a bit out of the loop and I forgot all about my early access to get my extra set.

So did many folks miss out on these and I thought Mattel said there was going to be no more?

Mantenna, Dactus and the Horde Troopers are going up in the for sale section as soon as I get them. I'm moving out of this line and would rather people that really want them get them. Will post again when they arrive...

Mantenna, Dactus and the Horde Troopers are going up in the for sale section as soon as I get them. I'm moving out of this line and would rather people that really want them get them. Will post again when they arrive...

Would you not offer them to folks on this thread first seeing as we are all fans together?

How much will you want for your Horde Troopers as I would love a set?

Not sure what that's supposed to mean... :)

Yeah, me too. I'm sure the Horde Troopers will be back and/or interest will die down sooner or later.

I'd rather get them sooner, though. Should have been more on the ball, oh well. :)

Horde Troopers are NOT coming back.....Toyguru has said this like 10 times on Matty...they have a very small amount of customer service stock they eventually will sell then which will be eaten up during early access.......they are NOT going into anymore production runs for older figures 2012 and above.

Would you not offer them to folks on this thread first seeing as we are all fans together?

I can totally do that.... and I will be selling for cost + shipping...

Horde Troopers are NOT coming back.....Toyguru has said this like 10 times on Matty...they have a very small amount of customer service stock they eventually will sell then which will be eaten up during early access.......they are NOT going into anymore production runs for older figures 2012 and above.

Well I will take that off your hands please if you are cool with selling it to me! :)

I'll take the Mantenna if youre willing to sell. Please LMK. PM me info please!:hi5:

Well I didn't get Lord Dactus yesterday because he wasn't showing on the bundle page when I got in. With everything else I've already got this month, plus Grayskull next month, I think I'll just pass for now and see if he shows up on Black Friday or an EA later on.

Not surprised to see Nepthu still available. Terrible choice for a figure, and the design is lackluster.

Back