Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of QC issues are people running into with Granamyr?

It is mostly the right arm not connecting properly into the socket

I suggest putting the arms in first before anything,but loosen up the socket joint first (which I had to do)

I also then carefully applied superglue to hold the socket joint tight which worked really well,now everything works as it should

It is mostly the right arm not connecting properly into the socket

I suggest putting the arms in first before anything,but loosen up the socket joint first (which I had to do)

I also then carefully applied superglue to hold the socket joint tight which worked really well,now everything works as it should

It's a shame that in this day and age of technology you have to do all that for an $80 toy.

I just got Spikor from local net auction. I should get him hopefully by the end of this week.

Had Spikor some problems with his eyes? With the paint job or something. There was a picture of him, but it wasn't that big and I didn't notice anything really awry.

I just got Spikor from local net auction. I should get him hopefully by the end of this week.

Had Spikor some problems with his eyes? With the paint job or something. There was a picture of him, but it wasn't that big and I didn't notice anything really awry.

He was one of the dreaded 'black plastic' figures. Basically, a good chunk of him was molded out of black plastic and then painted. It doesn't really bother me, I think he looks great and is one of my favorite figures of the year, but to some it really bothered them apparently.

Just got a shipping notice for Granamyr, fingers crossed!

Yes, some did have derpy eyes, thankfully mine is fine and i hope yours is as well when it arrives, he's a cool figure.

Oh yea, so send something good to Walmart and give away a zillion Mer-Man's for free..bastids!..i need Roboto, missed me chance to have him cheap awhile ago.

Just got Granamyr!! :rock!!
He's absolutely amazing! No issues whatsoever, don't understand how some people are breaking it :dunno

It looks mighty impressive on my shelf!
MOTUC is still rocking hard!! :rock!

He's absolutely amazing! No issues whatsoever, don't understand how some people are breaking it :dunno

So you didn't have to heat up any of the parts? I was thinking of using hot water technique, because of all the QC complaints.

I don't think people are breaking it....the right arm seems to have an issue snapping in properly and staying in as its designed to do.(I fixed mine by loosening the rotating part and super glue, all done on the inside of the figure)

besides that,its a great figure to add to the collection

I know this isn't a custom thread but I thought I'd give a little update on my Castle of Power. Can't wait to paint this thing up :D It really is bigger than I ever anticipated and I guess a good clue as to the size Matty's version will be?
I need advice though..I want to add that spiky thing on the top of the castles head and found this yellow thing which was in an Xmas cracker...forget about the colour and homer's face on it, what do you guys think? I'll build it up some more but this is a starter...

51B59238-90D1-427F-A989-E70826F025D0-6986-0000093A22886A83.jpg

Last edited:
I know this isn't a custom thread but I thought I'd give a little update on my Castle of Power. Can't wait to paint this thing up :D It really is bigger than I ever anticipated and I guess a good clue as to the size Matty's version will be?
I need advice though..I want to add that spiky thing on the top of the castles head and found this yellow thing which was in an Xmas cracker...forget about the colour and homer's face on it, what do you guys think? I'll build it up some more but this is a starter...

Looks a bit odd... maybe if you can make it look kind of like this:

Icon-Heroes-Castle-Grayskull-Front.jpg

BTW...
We just gor Matty's again!!! :mad:

Mattycollector.com said:
IMPORTANT: 1/15 Sale Update! The full allotment of Ram Man won't arrive in time for all subscribers to get one so we're moving him to our 2/15 sale and switching up our Early Access items (1/14 8am thru 1/15 8am). Here's the new lineup for 1/15: Netossa, Horde Prime, Griffin, Saint Walker & Rorschach. Also, the My Subscriptions pages should launch this week full update soon!

Wow... so... Netossa to start the year... :yuck

51B59238-90D1-427F-A989-E70826F025D0-6986-0000093A22886A83.jpg

I think it's a good start. But it's only the base colour so far. You now need to get in there with the dry brush which is the fun part.

I think this will be a small bit bigger than the Mattel one and I would use a large chess piece for the dome top. :)

I think it's a good start. But it's only the base colour so far. You now need to get in there with the dry brush which is the fun part.

I think this will be a small bit bigger than the Mattel one and I would use a large chess piece for the dome top. :)

Yeah cheers mate :) Got the miliput out first to fix some holes here and there then I'm spraying this sucker black before unleashing the greens and yellows :yess:

As for that chess piece pawn thing, still a way to go and I'll build it up...hopefully!

Back