Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one Granamyr just to have one for my set, nothing more. Matter of fact, I was more scared of missing out on Platium/Tin, and Lead then I was of him.

What I'm waiting on is Ram-Man, bring him on!

What is the lure behind the Metal Men? Do they bring much relevance to today's current comics? I don't really know anyone who would want them.

They are classic DC characters that have never been produced as action figures before. Mattel is completing the team, except Doc Magnus for now. I don't think they are widely popular or prevalant in today's DC universe but maybe I am wrong. I really dig them though.

I'd love to get a Granamyr, but I have a hard time believing he's worth $80. That's Sideshow level and I'd have a hard time comparing him favorably with what SS was giving us for $80 not so long ago.

What is the lure behind the Metal Men? Do they bring much relevance to today's current comics? I don't really know anyone who would want them.

I thought they were cool when I was a kid and even though I only had a few of their comics I tried to keep up with their story line over the years. I saw the first DC Classics character but passed on it (Steel), saw the second (Gold) and passed on it too, but when I saw Mercury I really thought that having the whole team would be great.

When Mattel stopped and them and went to Matty I was pissed because I thought it would be years to get the team finished, but after seeing that Lead would have been a BAF, now I'm glad. I'm actually saving money this way because I stopped buying DC Classics before Mattel stopped the line anyway and now to get Lead I don't have to buy a bunch of figures I didn't want or have to go on the secondary market.

I'd love to get a Granamyr, but I have a hard time believing he's worth $80. That's Sideshow level and I'd have a hard time comparing him favorably with what SS was giving us for $80 not so long ago.

What have you gotten from Sideshow that was $80 and better than Granmyr?

Not sayin their is but just curious.

$80 is pretty steep but I think he's wicked.

What have you gotten from Sideshow that was $80 and better than Granmyr?

Not sayin their is but just curious.

$80 is pretty steep but I think he's wicked.

I didn't grab one, but the Black Hole Stormtrooper was $80 last year. That was far more detailed and had a lot more to it.

btw, did anyone else get the MOTU 30th anniversary DVD boxset today? :)

I didn't grab one, but the Black Hole Stormtrooper was $80 last year. That was far more detailed and had a lot more to it.

Well I would argue that the Storm Trooper cost less to produce than Granamyr.

Though I am happy to be corrected if there are any experts in the house.

It does, because the parts were already tooled, and it's been reused on a lot of variants... it's basically a re-paint, whilst Granamyr is 95% new sculpt (except for the wings)...

Besides, Giant Red Dragon > Made-up Stormtrooper Tie Fighter wannabe...

:lol!!

Speaking of Granamyr... I guess my order will be part of the delayed batch... no shipping notice from me yet... :(

Well I would argue that the Storm Trooper cost less to produce than Granamyr.

Though I am happy to be corrected if there are any experts in the house.

Yeah, that's a good point. They did have to start from scratch..... But $80 still does seem a bit much to me.

It does, because the parts were already tooled, and it's been reused on a lot of variants... it's basically a re-paint, whilst Granamyr is 95% new sculpt (except for the wings)...

Besides, Giant Red Dragon > Made-up Stormtrooper Tie Fighter wannabe...

:lol!!

Speaking of Granamyr... I guess my order will be part of the delayed batch... no shipping notice from me yet... :(

My two shipped....its nice to finally get served before others for a change :)

It's after midnight, and the world hasn't gone any where yet. No big surprise there! Tonight I'm checking out Mosquitor, the latest MOTUC release, while Jeff checks in with a guest review of the Hot Toys Samurai Predator. You can check out all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a terrific weekend!

Michael
MWC

Here's a quick video of my ever growing Masters collection that I shot earlier this year.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmNK7kgiBwI"]Masters of the Universe collection video[/ame]

Have Granamyr....overall a cool piece,but does have QC Issues

Mostly the Right Arm is loose and does not attach properly like the left Arm....(any recommendations to make the arm stay in tight?)

Also,I highly recommend using the hair dryer on the sockets to help the joints attached easier

So after telling myself I didn't want to get into another line...my childhood memories got the better of me! Just waiting for Ram Man to finish the display off :)

32D9B2E8-7BC7-4F86-A01C-E9B61FAA2D37-14313-0000137B90465246.jpg

You're missing the most important character of MOTU.

I won't be getting Granamyr, not worth the price and they cheaped out not giving him a diorama base for him to sit with all his treasures, too much bad QC as well.

So after telling myself I didn't want to get into another line...my childhood memories got the better of me! Just waiting for Ram Man to finish the display off :)

32D9B2E8-7BC7-4F86-A01C-E9B61FAA2D37-14313-0000137B90465246.jpg

Some good choices there. I have a few you don't, but you have a few I don't. HOPEFULLY I'll fill in those gaps by the time Greyskull arrives! :)

Back