Prop Master Replicas is back ????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news, love MR. Just dropped 2,000 on Collector's Society ROTJ Saber. I hope they make some Aliens props.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I was thinking what if this MR is in fact a Disney company? What better way to have licensed SW props than Disney making their own. Master Replicas is pretty well known in the world collecting too

I would question what MR could get done. Efx is a lot of former MR employees including Brian who was in charge of SW at MR who runs Efx. Also MR/Corgi burned a huge bridge when they lost the license. It was a relationship that ended VERY badly and a lot of those involved are still at LFL so unless its a whole new company I can see that being an issue.

From my understanding:
eFX is Bryan, and a couple of subs, like Gino, when need be.
Steve Dymszo was the main guy at MR, not Bryan.
They didn't lose the licence, they decided not to renew it as the license fees were too much.
Steve Dymszo has openly talked about what happened to MR in many interviews.

I was thinking what if this MR is in fact a Disney company? What better way to have licensed SW props than Disney making their own. Master Replicas is pretty well known in the world collecting too

Disney or not, the fact that this was announced in the midst of such a massive Star Wars hype at least gives me hope that they will start with some SW props, hopefully from TFA.

Hoping this is actually legit, and not some warped joke.

Moving forward there will be lots and lots of Star Wars props coming our way (and past ones we'd still like), so Disney would be foolish not to "cash-in" (they are on everything else; from oranges to shower heads).

And what better way to bring back the goodwill among prop collectors than the company we all have such fond memories of?

Just get something out to us. Anything! Great stuff to replicate in TFA and still a lot that could come from the OT. Anything! :lol

Just get something out to us. Anything! Great stuff to replicate in TFA and still a lot that could come from the OT. Anything! :lol

Yes!

I was just wondering earlier why they decided to only release one version of Palpatine's 1/1 lightsaber instead of both, would be nice to see stuff that's never been offered before, as well as cool new versions of previous pieces. Maybe something along the lines of what eFX did with the Reveal lightsabers. That stuff is hugely popular now that the inside of a lightsaber has become common knowledge among fans, and it really adds to the magic.
Would be perfect for Kylo's lightsaber actually, given the super crude design. We'll see, again, fingers crossed :)

There is a lot of genuine enthusiasm, but we first need to find out what is going on, otherwise disappointment could occur.

From my understanding:
eFX is Bryan, and a couple of subs, like Gino, when need be.
Steve Dymszo was the main guy at MR, not Bryan.
They didn't lose the licence, they decided not to renew it as the license fees were too much.
Steve Dymszo has openly talked about what happened to MR in many interviews.
I didn't say Bryan was the main guy at MR I said he was in charge of the SW license.

They were in negotiations and yes they didn't like the fees but I personally know what happened in that meeting and it was not pretty. After that they had 0% change of getting the license regardless of the fees. I cant confirm that they went back to LFL after that meeting to try and salvage the relationship but I heard that occurred and LFL wouldn't even talk to them.

Yes!

I was just wondering earlier why they decided to only release one version of Palpatine's 1/1 lightsaber instead of both, would be nice to see stuff that's never been offered before, as well as cool new versions of previous pieces. Maybe something along the lines of what eFX did with the Reveal lightsabers. That stuff is hugely popular now that the inside of a lightsaber has become common knowledge among fans, and it really adds to the magic.
Would be perfect for Kylo's lightsaber actually, given the super crude design. We'll see, again, fingers crossed :)
One of the recent books that's out now (I saw this particular one at a Target) showed a cross section of Kylo Ren's lightsaber with the cracked kyber crystal in the center. I'd like to have a replica of that someday.

One of the recent books that's out now (I saw this particular one at a Target) showed a cross section of Kylo Ren's lightsaber with the cracked kyber crystal in the center. I'd like to have a replica of that someday.

Yes, that book is on its way, should get here Monday!
I saw the pic of the cross section online, would be freaking awesome if a replica was made available at some point. By far my favorite type of prop.

Oh yeah here you go:

FBp2kMO.png

:clap

Yes, that book is on its way, should get here Monday!
I saw the pic of the cross section online, would be freaking awesome if a replica was made available at some point. By far my favorite type of prop.

Oh yeah here you go:

FBp2kMO.png

:clap

This book:

f70862e3495d431aa1ee691de89d2349.png

Back