Media Mass Effect: Andromeda

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be better if it was like Inquisition

I think the issue with the game is the "macro" focus---the whole mining, building outposts, going around big maps type thing, where it really needs to focus more on the character. Ryder is like an empty husk
I think you're crazy. There's so much extra stuff in Inquisition that you barely do anything but that stuff

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

LMAO! So glad Horizon: Zero Dawn ended up being amazing, I doubt I'll even crack this game open now.
Oh to go from playing HZD to this makes this game look and play like crap. Everything about HZD was jaw dropping, the characters, npcs, animations, gameplay, story and textures were all incredible.

Just picking out two things, the textures and animations, almost everyone you meet, talk to(even just for two or three lines) in HZD was well made and textured, they looked very life like and especially the eyes looked incredible, and the motion capture they did for some characters was impressive as well, very real looking. With MEA it feels like 10 years ago, very bad low res textures on faces, weird eye movements or just black eyes, it's shameful compared to todays best games.

That being said it's not all bad for MEA, I like it so far but it's far from good. HZD kinda plays like an RPG so it outshines this game by far. Also one minor thing for me is controlling the characters, it feels like I have to walk, run or sprint, there's no in between or variations on how fast you go based on how much you push your controller stick up, it irritates me and it feels less fluid, but ME was always like that so I just had to pick it back up but still wooden feeling.

Overall I'm disappointed. There's multiplayer and paid content so I think they spent more time on that when they probably should have scrapped it and tried to make a decent game, I have little to no faith in future games from Bioware or EA now and it's pushing me out of gaming. I will pay maximum $10-$20 for a game like this from now on

Oh to go from playing HZD to this makes this game look and play like crap. Everything about HZD was jaw dropping, the characters, npcs, animations, gameplay, story and textures were all incredible.

Just picking out two things, the textures and animations, almost everyone you meet, talk to(even just for two or three lines) in HZD was well made and textured, they looked very life like and especially the eyes looked incredible, and the motion capture they did for some characters was impressive as well, very real looking. With MEA it feels like 10 years ago, very bad low res textures on faces, weird eye movements or just black eyes, it's shameful compared to todays best games.

That being said it's not all bad for MEA, I like it so far but it's far from good. HZD kinda plays like an RPG so it outshines this game by far. Also one minor thing for me is controlling the characters, it feels like I have to walk, run or sprint, there's no in between or variations on how fast you go based on how much you push your controller stick up, it irritates me and it feels less fluid, but ME was always like that so I just had to pick it back up but still wooden feeling.

Overall I'm disappointed. There's multiplayer and paid content so I think they spent more time on that when they probably should have scrapped it and tried to make a decent game, I have little to no faith in future games from Bioware or EA now and it's pushing me out of gaming. I will pay maximum $10-$20 for a game like this from now on
To each their own, can't want for the next Andromeda, I enjoy the mp as well.

I'm enjoying the game so far but I can honestly say this game probably needed another 6-12 months of polish and bug stomping before it should have been released.

To each their own, can't want for the next Andromeda, I enjoy the mp as well.

I don't think this thing is getting a sequel. The sales have been slow and it's getting panned by pretty much everybody.

I don't think this thing is getting a sequel. The sales have been slow and it's getting panned by pretty much everybody.
There's no way Mass effect doesn't get another game. Anyone who's bothered to actually play the game enjoys it. It's sub reddit is full of people enjoying the game.
If destiny can get a sequel there's no way another me game doesn't get made.

There's no way Mass effect doesn't get another game. Anyone who's bothered to actually play the game enjoys it. It's sub reddit is full of people enjoying the game.
If destiny can get a sequel there's no way another me game doesn't get made.

Destiny isn't even a bad game though. It had a rough start, but Bungie paid attention to all the fan complaints and made it into something great. Trying the raids are some of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time.

Unless BioWare addresses all the criticisms for this, I don't see much of a future for this franchise.

Destiny isn't even a bad game though. It had a rough start, but Bungie paid attention to all the fan complaints and made it into something great. Trying the raids are some of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time.

Unless BioWare addresses all the criticisms for this, I don't see much of a future for this franchise.
And mass effect is not a bad game, it's not even close to a bad game. Does it have issues? Sure, what game doesn't?

I highly doubt this would kill the franchise, it would have to do very badly financially for them to do that. Criticism doesn't necessarily mean a failure, Star Wars Battlefront was widely criticized but sold more copies than they hoped for.
One problem right now though for Mass Effect Andromeda though is that there's a bunch of other great games that have come out recently, like Horizon and Zelda, and they're pretty long games so that can make it easier for people to skip this for now when there's so many other games to play.

Honestly, no one should pre-order games ever. It's a bad habit that I'm trying to break, too, since I keep getting burned by it. Andromeda isn't one of those burns (I'm enjoying it just fine) but it would have been equally fine if I'd waited a month or two to play it.

Honestly, no one should pre-order games ever. It's a bad habit that I'm trying to break, too, since I keep getting burned by it. Andromeda isn't one of those burns (I'm enjoying it just fine) but it would have been equally fine if I'd waited a month or two to play it.

Would of probably been better to wait a few months so they can fix some bugs that should have been fixed before release.

From what I understand, they outsourced the human characters to one of EA's outsourcing studios and the management didn't think that the characters were all that important to get their main studio people working on them even when some animators offered to work on improving them.

Update is out today though, adds some improvements to facial animations and adjusts the eye shaders which makes a definite improvement, also adds the ability to skip the long galaxy map animations.
They plan to do more updates over the rest of the year including improving the character creator, but I'm not sure it will matter at that point since it will be long after people are mostly interested in playing the game.

They probably put more into this than any other game they've done, I think they just packed too many things in there that weren't necessary and the more things that are in a game the more other areas suffer. They should have dropped some things, like the scanning thing along with the resource gathering. Both are just boring and unnecessary. Then they could have focused on the story and characters and general gameplay more.
Though I have to say the story needs some work, it does a very bad job of representing visiting a new galaxy. For example the first mission on the planet Liam talks about the new aliens as if he can make any assumptions about them. Also, I'm not sure what's so special about a pathfinder--at times they make it seem like there's some genetic factor but it doesn't seem like there's anything really special about being a pathfinder except people do what you tell them for some reason.

From what I understand, they outsourced the human characters to one of EA's outsourcing studios and the management didn't think that the characters were all that important to get their main studio people working on them even when some animators offered to work on improving them.

Update is out today though, adds some improvements to facial animations and adjusts the eye shaders which makes a definite improvement, also adds the ability to skip the long galaxy map animations.
They plan to do more updates over the rest of the year including improving the character creator, but I'm not sure it will matter at that point since it will be long after people are mostly interested in playing the game.

They outsourced the entire game to another studio :p

The special bit about being a pathfinder is that you have SAM. But yeah otherwise it's just like any position of power. What was special about Shepard? N7 doesn't mean your magically better then everyone :p That's to be explained through narrative, actions in the game, etc.

They outsourced the entire game to another studio [emoji14]

The special bit about being a pathfinder is that you have SAM. But yeah otherwise it's just like any position of power. What was special about Shepard? N7 doesn't mean your magically better then everyone [emoji14] That's to be explained through narrative, actions in the game, etc.
What was special is he was made a Spectre

Yeah, this game makes it seem like a pathfinder is something unique and special. Spectre is just a special rank. There's no skills that you have that other people don't or unique abilities, it's a weak excuse to make people feel special like most games try to do.

While the Montreal studio was on this, much of the creative direction was from people who worked on the series previously, the director was the same at least for half of the development.

Spectre's aren't particularly special in the original ME either. They tell you that basically you have WH40k inquisitor access to everything but it's not like you really use it cause you're always going to places that wouldn't require it. Or that research moon place where they don't give a ****. And you don't get any of that nice equipment they talk about till like ME3. Essentially being a spectre means nothing. You're not a spectre in ME2 and you weren't for like half of ME3 and getting it made no difference anyways. You don't get any special powers or anything really being a spectre :|

Pathfinder is the same too. It is just a special rank with the added benefit of getting S.A.M (which did do a lot of the legwork, they make that quite clear towards the end how much you depend on him and really throughout the game he's the one doing all the analysis legwork). Also the profiles stuff is because of him too. But yeah pretty much anyone with the implant could be be with S.A.M, that was made quite clear too.

Don't get me wrong I think the story is weak in a lot of places. And the whole idea with objective markers and such is a crutch in open world games for design laziness that's increasingly used since Oblivion brought it up. But I didn't have a problem with the idea of pathfinder or title of pathfinder.

Back