Media Mass Effect: Andromeda

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can get over the facial animations
There is a weird vibe to the game though, like someone tried to make a movie adaptation of the series and it feels different even though some things are the same.
The multiplayer is still pretty good though, having the ability to jump on top of buildings really changes things.

The stock Sarah Ryder has a really dorky vibe about her, the way she carries herself and all the goony faces she makes. She looks nothing like the actual girl they used as the model, if I was her I would feel insulted.

LMAO! So glad Horizon: Zero Dawn ended up being amazing, I doubt I'll even crack this game open now.
You're missing a great game. Now that everyone is done over blowing crap out of proportion the game is getting the love it deserves.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sorry to disappoint the people who haven't played the game yet, but it's actually not a bad game. I wouldn't call it great, but it's definitely not a bad game. In the 22 hours I've played, the only animation glitch I've gotten was that at one point Ryder got a cowboy walk until I reloaded the game. I've gotten two crash to desktops (the "tampering" thing I mentioned earlier and once during multiplayer). No bugs with the story yet. The default female Ryder face is garbage, but the character creator lets you create one that actually emotes properly.

I am absolutely baffled as to why this game has a 74 on Metacritic, but Dragon Age 2, a much worse game, has a 79. It's not that bad!

I am absolutely baffled as to why this game has a 74 on Metacritic, but Dragon Age 2, a much worse game, has a 79. It's not that bad!

I would say just about 50% of the hate this game is receiving is spillover from the botched ME3 ending controversy. People have been angry with Bioware ever since, and DA:I didn't help either to redeem them, and now this lack of polish and QA over things so obvious they were a given years ago for much lower budget game on such an awaited title, it's costing them the last little morsel of credibility they had for most people aside from the hardcore fanbois that nothing will ever sway.

People would have forgiven a lot of those flaws on a lesser franchise or from a much smaller studio. This is a massive, beloved franchise, loved by millions and developped by one of the most powerful studios in existence (with the backing of EA) for a 40$M budget, these issues are unforgivable.

(And yes, I know it's not "Bioware" but "Bioware Montreal", their smaller red-headed stepchild of a studio.. that's not an excuse, it's just a dumb decision to give your flagship title to your smaller less-experienced studio when the main studio should have put all hands on it to make sure it would be up to the quality standards of the previous games, and especially up to the competition of really good games).

Sorry to disappoint the people who haven't played the game yet, but it's actually not a bad game. I wouldn't call it great, but it's definitely not a bad game. In the 22 hours I've played, the only animation glitch I've gotten was that at one point Ryder got a cowboy walk until I reloaded the game. I've gotten two crash to desktops (the "tampering" thing I mentioned earlier and once during multiplayer). No bugs with the story yet. The default female Ryder face is garbage, but the character creator lets you create one that actually emotes properly.

There's tons of bad animations during the talks and stuff. They aren't glitches it's just **** animation work. There's also just not a lot of inter connectivity with your actions. Oh just helped Sloane with something? Do another mission with her in it and she acts like she never ****ing met you. Stopped some people from attacking Eos? Who cares even if you didn't stop them nothing would have happened anyways. Been saving Angaran's all day? Guy in the base acts like your brand new. Your actions outside of the main choices mean nothing, and even then for side missions they don't matter at all cause they apparently have no bearing on them. The little stories that perpetuated in ME were awesome, they do nothing of the sort here :| I loved hearing about Zhu's Hope and **** in all 3 of the MEs.

Also I'm sure you've run into enemies coming off of dropships and getting stuck in the air, it happens A LOT.

Not really any crashes here. Not the best optimization but it's definitely a lot better then the trial.

The animations really are bad, just did a mission where in a cutscene one of the party members was talking and there wasn't any facial animation at all.

As far as performance goes--was trying to run at 4K and got some bugs (PC), when trying to go to the menu it would crash to where nothing would appear on screen and had to force a hard reboot. Had to disable HDR and go down to 2K to fix the issue. Also had an issue with the UI disappearing.

Technically it is not the animations, but the code/design/setup used to drive them.

In a game such as a RPG, many of the characters are animated via scripts, not just playing raw/straight keyframe data.
This one obviously lacks some attention to detail or TLC.

Man, I almost wanted to trade this game in last night, I just dont like the driving, which I was so glad when they got rid of ME2 and 3.
And also, the whole scanning, it slows down the pace for me. I hope the whole game isnt just constant driving and scanning.

I hope it gets better. It almost feel like Fallout 4. Where it seems like a decent game...but the characters are just meh...
So its hard to get an emotional attachment to the main characters.

Technically it is not the animations, but the code/design/setup used to drive them.

In a game such as a RPG, many of the characters are animated via scripts, not just playing raw/straight keyframe data.
This one obviously lacks some attention to detail or TLC.

People still consider them animations ;p It's also just animations. People's resting faces (outside of conversations) are really odd. And sometimes they just do stupid things. Like all over the nexus you'll see guards crouching randomly like they're trying to take cover for no reason.

Also I'm sure you've run into enemies coming off of dropships and getting stuck in the air, it happens A LOT.

Actually, no, haven't seen that yet. I'll keep an eye out for it, though.

I think the problem might have been a matter of expectations. Most people were probably hoping for a good game. I was hoping for "not Dragon Age 2" :lol

Actually, no, haven't seen that yet. I'll keep an eye out for it, though.

I think the problem might have been a matter of expectations. Most people were probably hoping for a good game. I was hoping for "not Dragon Age 2" :lol

Surprised you haven't noticed it ;p It happens a ton, especially on Kadara. Not all of them will do that but 1 or 2 just stay in the air :|

Haven't seen it at all in my game on PC

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PC as well, though I don't think it matters I've seen it on vids/reviews from every system. I think it happens once in dunkey's video if you watch his stuff.

I fired up ME: Andromeda after my brother brought it with his XB1.

Character generator is kinda blegh, much like the DA:Inq generator it takes much more fiddling to get a non-creepy toon.

Played over the weekend and gotta say, the big open world maps reminded me a lot of DA:Inq open world but just with a way faster horse.

Brother got triggered when I told him to have fun playing Mass Effect: Inquisition :p

I'm going to wait and see if they do a GOTY edition in a year like they did for DA:Inq, but then again Me3 didn't get a GOTY so we'll see.....

It would be better if it was like Inquisition

I think the issue with the game is the "macro" focus---the whole mining, building outposts, going around big maps type thing, where it really needs to focus more on the character. Ryder is like an empty husk

Back