Marvel's Wanda Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely slow burn. I can see why they put out two episodes. Basically nothing happened in ep1, not much of a pilot. The sitcom idea is neat, but might get too played out if things don't start picking up here.

Luckily, ep 2 dropped a few more hints, but they definitely need to pick up the pace.

Well, before the pandemic, they were supposed to.
I think the show is simply delightful. "Gummed up" Vision was pretty funny.

I really enjoyed it.

Marvel is taking risks and executing well. Much like GOTG came out of left field, once again I'm seeing something that's totally different from standard MCU fare.

I grew up watching reruns of sitcoms from the 50s and 60s; I love the way this starts out pitch-perfect before both modernity and the MCU start creeping in. I'm along for the ride, I'll see where this goes and if it can hold my interest. So far so good. It also looks a lot of fun to act in. :D

Eh. Episode 1 is ok. Again people hyping up an mcu product that?s just ok so far. Also disappointed it?s only like 2 episodes every Friday or an episode every Friday . But it?s whatever

Eh. Episode 1 is ok. Again people hyping up an mcu product that?s just ok so far. Also disappointed it?s only like 2 episodes every Friday or an episode every Friday . But it?s whatever

So I'm just curious as to what anyone *expects* out of 2 episodes?

• They showed us something different.
  • The execution is slick.
  • The acting is good.
  • They've set up a mystery.

Sure, this may crash and burn but I almost feel like people expect too much right out the gate. (I mean sure, MCU has some misses, I'm not a cheerleader.)

How many episodes will this be? I think I'll just wait until the season is finished and then binge the rest. Slow burn is fun for a movie because you always end with the payoff. But this type of pacing and then pausing for a week doesn't doesn't give me a lot of incentive to tune in every single Friday.

It'd be different if the TV show that they are apparently stuck in was entertaining on it's own but I didn't even crack a smile at the "comedy" once during the first episode and let out one solitary chuckle the second episode. Dragging out the gimmick over an entire season just sounds brutal, lol.

Yeah, this kind of story doesn't work well for a tv show.

I hwve a feeling they're going to lose a lot of viewers before they get to the good stuff.

Yeah, this kind of story doesn't work well for a tv show.

I hwve a feeling they're going to lose a lot of viewers before they get to the good stuff.

But then they'll just circle back...I like slow burns.

But...hadn't been paying attention, so haven't even watched yet. Might sit out and binge watch the whole thing.

I like this. The first episode was definitely slow, but the second one picks right up. Beneath all the campiness, there are strong hints of something really wrong. This is probably why they released 2 episodes this week. The first 2 episodes is likely just setting the tone and introducing the characters. I expect episode 3 to pick right up.

It's a 9 episode run I think? I've heard rumors that the show is pretty much 3 acts so if it is 9 episodes, episode 3 should close the first "act".

Some Easter Eggs from episode 1 if you are into that:

"The devil is in all the details". :panic:

I just watched the first two episodes. I enjoyed it! It's light hearted, campy and a nice change of pace for Marvel. Is it as epic as say Endgame, or even the Mandalorian? Of course not, but it's not trying to be.

I understand why people don't like it though, especially your typical Marvel fan. Unless it really takes a turn in later episodes, I can't see myself going back to it. But it's fun for what it is!

I tried watching it today but didn’t make it thru the first episode. The early 60’s comedy parody was fine for about ten minutes but I can’t imagine two full episodes of this. I’ll try and finish them later though.

Just watched the two first episodes and found them very amusing.
I like that Marvel is so confident that they go all out on the 50's-60's sit-com theme, and they totally nailed it. Is it super funny and really exciting? No, but it's really well done. Do I really care about what happens? No, but it's a fun half and hour, so I'll probably watch this to the end.

Back