Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a fun theory, but stick with me

Karen is the Venom Symbiote in the MCU

Still with me?

The suit has its own mind, it helps fight, makes him stronger and can make him more lethal than Peter would ever want to be (full combat mode).
Remember when his eyes go black and red and Karen calls it "kill mode" or something like that?

Imagine Karen liking being connected with Spider-Man, she likes the power and his abilities, but eventually pushes Peter to do something (or almost) he doesn't want to do. Maybe she goes full recon mode and turns the suit black and has the scary interrogation voice, goes out at night and fights crime without him knowing (or against his will).

As he realizes Karen has her own goals and is using Peter, he also realizes that the suit is limiting his Spider Sense with the extra technology. He tears her off and discards the suit.

Maybe she never becomes Venom, but the original idea of Venom was to be a woman. This still would give us the Alien/Black suit story arc.

Plus, we know the suit could fit a much bigger person (Brock, but it won't be) or possibly Flash or a Ben Riley type of Spider Clone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

She is built to be a bigger role. She's very funny in the scenes she's in

I'm glad you liked her character :)

I am hoping she turns more-so into her real life counterpart in future films... but something tells me it might be completely out of character :(

tumblr_osbv2enLmZ1wojyf1o1_500.gif

EWwrZXi.jpg

Saw this bright & early this morning and definitely pleased…. and relieved :lol. I won’t critique too much because it always takes me 2 viewings to fully digest CBMs. I can’t help the first viewing being at least a little muddled with my personal expectations. After the second viewing, I can start to appreciate (or not) the movie/aspects of the movie as it was given to us, and not how I thought it should’ve been. So most times, things that bug me on round 1 tend to melt away the second time around, and I have various other changes in opinion.

For now I'll keep it brief and say Holland is a PERFECT Peter and I dig Keaton’s take on The Vulture (don’t know if I can call him the best MCU villain yet). I’m sure they’ll both grow on me that much more, as will the movie itself, after another watch or two.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I’ll mention just 2 things that mildly bugged me that will definitely melt away after the next watch:

Spoiler Spoiler:

But one thing that won’t change no matter how many times I see this is the race changes. It’s passable for certain characters here and there (and I fully understand and respect all the reasons why it’s done), but there are some characters that are TOO iconic and I feel should remain faithful to their iconic imagery, and should not be gender bent or race swapped if it’s too far a deviation from the source. That kid IS NOT my Flash
Spoiler Spoiler:
I mean, who’s our future JJJ??? Steve Fricken Harvey???!!!

All in all a great flick with a promising future. Unfortunately don't think I'll get to see this again till after the weekend, and I'm dying to!

I have a fun theory, but stick with me

Karen is the Venom Symbiote in the MCU

Still with me?

The suit has its own mind, it helps fight, makes him stronger and can make him more lethal than Peter would ever want to be (full combat mode).
Remember when his eyes go black and red and Karen calls it "kill mode" or something like that?

Imagine Karen liking being connected with Spider-Man, she likes the power and his abilities, but eventually pushes Peter to do something (or almost) he doesn't want to do. Maybe she goes full recon mode and turns the suit black and has the scary interrogation voice, goes out at night and fights crime without him knowing (or against his will).

As he realizes Karen has her own goals and is using Peter, he also realizes that the suit is limiting his Spider Sense with the extra technology. He tears her off and discards the suit.

Maybe she never becomes Venom, but the original idea of Venom was to be a woman. This still would give us the Alien/Black suit story arc.

Plus, we know the suit could fit a much bigger person (Brock, but it won't be) or possibly Flash or a Ben Riley type of Spider Clone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Interesting. I'm still hoping of something closer to the source. Like him finding it during IW.

I saw a 7 PM showing tonight and I have to say: "THE STREAK CONTINUES! Logan, Guardians, Wonder Woman, and now, Spider-Man; if Thor and JL can, by some miracle, deliver, this'll be one for the angels. Honestly, though? I'll echo my sentiments that I posted on Facebook earlier in saying that Spider-Man: Homecoming is, truly, a homecoming in the best of ways. It's crazy to me that it took Sony this long to get the bright idea to let Marvel do what they do best, and let me just say: Marvel was doing what they do best in every sense of the word with this one. It was everything you'd hope a Spider-Man movie would be; it was amazing, it was spectacular, and it was Spider-Man.

From here on out, I'll use spoiler tags, so as not to ruin it for anybody:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Glad you liked it. It's nice to come in this section and see people liking movies :lol

Out of 6 Spiderman films McGuire's Spiderman 2 is still the best. This one was a 3.5/5 for me, not the home run alot of people are making it out to be.
You want a villain you simpathise with, Doc Ock had that too.
With these Marvel movies, what's the point of wearing a mask, everyone knows who you are. It got messed up with the first Ironman.

I liked this movie. But I left feeling not a lot. Fun flick with the best spider man and villain in mcu but just didn't hit me like most I thought guardians 2 was a bit better. Not saying this was a bad film but didn't leave feeling amazing about it definitely one of the better spider films though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

What's with studios releasing trailers that is not even in the films? Is it a Disney thing? Where was Ironman flying next to Spiderman swinging?

But one thing that won’t change no matter how many times I see this is the race changes. It’s passable for certain characters here and there (and I fully understand and respect all the reasons why it’s done), but there are some characters that are TOO iconic and I feel should remain faithful to their iconic imagery, and should not be gender bent or race swapped if it’s too far a deviation from the source. That kid IS NOT my Flash

I didn't have a big problem with changing Flash's race, I did however have a huge problem
Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that it's a big deal, but going back to how this is Spidey as a noob; I just rewatched the CW fight scene and he looks way more polished in that scene than he does in this whole flick

I didn't have a big problem with changing Flash's race, I did however have a huge problem
Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree. Let me rephrase about Flash. I'd prefer him to be a more faithful representation of the source (Manganiello was even good enough), but race swapping isn't the end of the world. Completely changing the make-up of the character is though. They definitely should have stuck with the jock persona, instead of making him a marginally cooler nerd than Parker.

But I guess jocks and sports don't fit in the advanced science kind of school I believe this is supposed to be. Plus, it's clearly a modern take on what a bully can be, and how bullying isn't only done through physical violence. Not that crazy about that approach, but I get why they took it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What's with studios releasing trailers that is not even in the films? Is it a Disney thing? Where was Ironman flying next to Spiderman swinging?

It's not just Disney, it happens quite often. That shot of them flying/swinging together isn't in the movie and a few other things from the trailer didn't make the cut; mostly dialogue changes.

To be fair she wasn't hot nor did she really act to much like mj. She had red hair and said tiger and wanted to be an actress. Hopefully we see that character grow into the role

Back