MARVEL' S Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth, I think binge watching WandaVision is the way to go. Of course, I only know that because I didn't do that, so take it with a grain of salt :)

At this point, I might as well - pick a day, get some good food, binge...all I know is some early complaints about the first episodes being "slow" and it's trippy weird.

Re FWS will be happy to Zemo, Sharon Carter, Falcon, Bucky, snark, and @ss-kicking.:cool:

So Feige is saying FWS is only 6 episodes 'coz the show was so expensive. Yeah, I knew they went all out for the budget for this one.

In what way? Show has been kinda hills and valleys for me so I can definitely see speeding through some of the slower eps and moving on helping that.

It?s formula is too damn repetitive for binge viewing. You have to sit through 3/4 of the episode paying tribute or parody or whatever they call it before getting any actual plot movement.

That gonna get old fast , if you just gonna skip that, then I suggest just watching 15 minutes of YouTube recap and you will know everything you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It?s formula is too damn repetitive for binge viewing. You have to sit through 3/4 of the episode paying tribute or parody or whatever they call it before getting any actual plot movement.

That gonna get old fast , if you just gonna skip that, then I suggest just watching 15 minutes of YouTube recap and you will know everything you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fair. For me I think what made some of that feel even slower is that nothing would happen until the end of the episode and then you'd find out you have to wait a week to have the same thing happen in the next episode lol. In a binge format I feel like I wouldn't care since I could quickly move on, but I see your point.

182764.jpg

Fine by me; more Falcon/WS and Loki can only be a good thing IMO. At least with these actors. Luv that the MCU can finally cross from TV to film etc.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/marvel-kevin-feige-loki-falcon-winter-soldier-she-hulk-1234914330/

Fielding Television Critics Assn. press tour questions from the set of “Ms. Marvel,” Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige reiterated that “WandaVision” star Elizabeth Olsen — or “Lizzie Olsen,” as he called her — will go right from the limited series into the new “Doctor Strange” film. But he left the door open for other upcoming Disney Plus series to welcome second seasons.

“The fun of the MCU is obviously all of the crossover that we can do between series, between films,” he said. “So it will always vary based on the story. Sometimes they’ll go into a Season 2, sometimes it will go into a feature and then back into a series. We’ve announced that ‘Ms. Marvel,’ after her debut on Disney Plus, will be going into the second “Captain Marvel” film. But sometimes — it’s yet to be announced, but we are thinking of planning second seasons for some of the upcoming series.”

After “WandaVision” comes to a close, “Falcon and the Winter Soldier” is slated to premiere on Disney Plus on March 19, followed by “Loki” on June 11. “She-Hulk,” starring Tatiana Maslany, and “Moon Knight,” featuring Ethan Hawke, are also in the works.

“We are developing all of these shows the way we’re developing our our movies,” said Feige. “In other words, when we start with a movie, we hope there’s a part two, we hope there’s a part three. But we aren’t factoring that into the part one. We are trying to make something that people enjoy enough to want to revisit enough that they want to see the story continued. So that is the way we’re proceeding on television as well.”

Adding that he has “been at Marvel for too long to say a definite no or definite yes to anything,” the studio boss noted there were certain shows in which Marvel Studios had already begun thinking about possible subsequent seasons.

“Some of the shows that I mentioned that we were about to start filming, we are keeping in mind a structure that would lead into a Season 2, a Season 3, in a more direct way than, say, a show like, like ‘WandaVision,’ which clearly goes into into a feature,” he said.

I am looking forward to "Falcon and Winter Soldier", but I am wondering if this show may have a slight feeling of emptiness not having Steve Rogers in it.

I am looking forward to "Falcon and Winter Soldier", but I am wondering if this show may have a slight feeling of emptiness not having Steve Rogers in it.

For me, yes and no. On the one hand, I remain (*&^%$ off that IW/EG simply sidelined a pivotal relationship critical in 3 films (TFA, TWS, CW) among other sins:pfft:, so for me this is payback in a good way. Probably plotted years ago, with Disney picking out characters that could drive their planned D+ series without having to throw money at Evans, who was always blowing hot and cold about being Cap anyway. Pretty sure Evans will show up as a cameo; easy money.

On the other hand, even if Evans was still in the mix and there was gonna be another Evans movie, there's too much opportunity for these two - snark and action. I feel like it's time, without having to get sidelined with another Thor superhero landing and stuff I've seen before. Tho these 2 along with Cap and Loki are favs of mine, so there's that.:monkey3:cool:

FalconWS.jpg

Though I'm still put off by them skipping Bucky!Cap, anything that gives Bucky Barnes more screen time and respect will be anything but empty for me.

Like Sassafras, I was put off the lack of Cap/Bucky/Sam in IW and EG. In fact, that, along with the lack of Loki (Thor's closure with him), how they handled Black Widow, Thor in general, I hardly ever get the urge to rewatch those movies now. Only certain scenes. EG overall was a let down for me, with just some really strong moments/scenes.

Bucky has too much of a black eye from his Hydra days and is known to be susceptible to brainwashing. Just made sense to go that route with his buddy that stayed at his side against political forces and wants to help others with PTSD. That doesn't mean that Bucky can't have one or multiple episodes of him wielding the shield.

Though I'm still put off by them skipping Bucky!Cap, anything that gives Bucky Barnes more screen time and respect will be anything but empty for me.

Like Sassafras, I was put off the lack of Cap/Bucky/Sam in IW and EG. In fact, that, along with the lack of Loki (Thor's closure with him), how they handled Black Widow, Thor in general, I hardly ever get the urge to rewatch those movies now. Only certain scenes. EG overall was a let down for me, with just some really strong moments/scenes.

Yeah. Totally agree. IW/EG get a lot of love and made a lot of money; but depending on what you were looking for - well, I expected better. I didn't expect a heavy dose of DS, Spiderman, Thor, and GOTG for one thing, which for me made it feel like a commercial for the MCU's upcoming slate of films (pre-Covid).

I'd just seen these characters in films, and Team Cap hadn't been around since Civil War, really. Then there was the abrupt non-handling of key relationships; the Hulk thing, and the weak Wakanda battle. Other stuff like at least 3 times during IW, Thanos gives a speech explaining himself. Three times. I got it the first time. (Like we didn't need all that time to figure out what and who Hela was, by contrast). Plus Cap seemed more into T'challa than Bucky and Falcon - are u kidding.:slap

EG to me just seemed like an Avengers love letter; never would have believed I wouldn't feel much about BW *dying* - dunno, it just fell flat for me. For me, Tony and his father were lame - why not leave all that strain alone? So I guess it doesn't matter that Bucky offed Tony's Dad...I mean real life is a lot messier than that.:banghead

Well, what's done is done; but I only rewatch a few scenes from IW/EG and only bought HT Bucky, WM, and Nat from IW; plus a kitbashed Cap; those films pretty well reduced my HT MCU collecting - so saved some money, anyway.:cool: The films didn't grow on me; and don't think they are very re-watchable overall.
Bucky has too much of a black eye from his Hydra days and is known to be susceptible to brainwashing. Just made sense to go that route with his buddy that stayed at his side against political forces and wants to help others with PTSD. That doesn't mean that Bucky can't have one or multiple episodes of him wielding the shield.

*Shrug* Both Bucky and Falcon have wielded the shield in the comics; personally I prefer Bucky more *feral* and it's a flip of a coin as to what side he'll fall on. At the moment, since Stan hinted the arm has some interesting capabilities, and little has been done with it so far (compared to the arm frenzy/speculation that went on during TWS) I'm ready to see what this Wakanda tech can do.

Hopefully not crawling around by itself like it does in the comics tho. On the other hand, that could be fun.:cool:

my only hope for this series is that Bucky, Falcon and (especially) Sharon Carter can be fleshed out the way they deserve to be -- and that it sets up a movie for those three to be the heroes (like TWS had Cap, Widow and Falcon) or at least another season.

Anybody else notice how they stuck a small clip of Sharon in all the other three of the new Legends episodes? I'm surprised they had enough different footage for that :lol

my only hope for this series is that Bucky, Falcon and (especially) Sharon Carter can be fleshed out the way they deserve to be -- and that it sets up a movie for those three to be the heroes (like TWS had Cap, Widow and Falcon) or at least another season.

Exactly. Without being a comic expert, these are major Marvel characters in their own right (re Bucky thanks to Brubaker taking the chance brilliantly bringing him back). Still wish Bucky/Nat had been at least mentioned in the films.

Anyway early press buzz is good re Episode 1; non spoiler press embargo lifted today. Even with the bs the press does keeping Disney happy, I figure if Disney wasn't confident they wouldn't do a press screening.

Yeah, I’m thinking this is going to be much more satisfying than WandaVision.
Falcons moves and flight dynamics are wow, almost superhuman reflexes rather than a reg human( albeit highly trained) using high tech hardware.

Yeah, I?m thinking this is going to be much more satisfying than WandaVision.
Falcons moves and flight dynamics are wow, almost superhuman reflexes rather than a reg human( albeit highly trained) using high tech hardware.

Final trailer = remembering when (for me) when the MCU was pure and unsullied; when every film was a candy box 'coz u knew it wasn't gonna totally suck; and really, really happy about the money u spent; when HT hadn't embraced the plastic:pfft:; when I still believed the IW Wakanda battle would rival LOTR Helm's Deep in its brooding ominous build-up and spectacular mano a mano action that didn't happen...

hottoysFalconBucky.jpg

Probably gonna end up throwing the budget out the window (again) over this one.:horror

I liked WandaVision and always appreciate Olsen/Bettany - one of the better parts of IW, IMO. But this looks more like what I've waited years for, since Civil War.

Whoa. That trailer shows even more action than what I was expecting! As I suspected all along, this would be the cream of the crop for Disney shows. Nothing beats badass action!

EwhJEfsXEAEovcm

Whoa. That trailer shows even more action than what I was expecting! As I suspected all along, this would be the cream of the crop for Disney shows. Nothing beats badass action!

Yeah, I got the feeling the directors/writers/choreographers looked hard at what the MCU had done before; built on that without going over the top. I'd argue badass action needs to be combined with the right kind of emotional/quiet moments - TWS and CW were perfect that way. Heck even Predator did some good work on that score. Doesn't hurt to have a stellar cast, too.

I didn't want to care, d@mmit.:lol

These Reel Rejects guys crack me up in this episode 1 non-spoiler reaction vid. They're just dyin' to tell us but hangin' on by their fingernails:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7lcGCGG88&t=9s

Back