Marvel relaunching entire Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm giving Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, All New X-Men, Fantastic Four, Deadpool & Captain America a try. :D

Hmm, I'm curious about the new Cap series. I've always liked John Romita's art. Are these writers any good?

captainamerica_1_cover.jpg

Marvel Comics has announced details of the “Captain America” relaunch taking place as part of Marvel NOW! in November.

Rick Remender (“Uncanny X-Force”) and John Romita Jr. (“Uncanny X-Men”) are the creative team for “Captain America,” following a multi-year run from writer Ed Brubaker.

Here’s how Marvel describes the title:

Thrust into a bizarre, inhospitable world far from home, the all-new, high-adventure, mind-melting, tough-as-nails era of Captain America is NOW! With no country and no allies, what’s left for Steve Rogers to protect? The Saga of Dimension Z begins here!

“Indiana Jones high adventure meets Lee & Kirby-flavored science fiction, as Captain America embarks on the adventure of two lifetimes,” said Axel Alonso, Editor In Chief, Marvel Entertainment, in a news release. “To survive a gauntlet of challenges so outlandish that only Rick and John could have concocted them, Cap will have to re-examine who he is and what he stands for, and confront an unexamined period in the life of a young man named Steve Rogers.”

Marvel NOW! looks to be a new take on the adventures of Steve Rogers. As a long-time Cap fan, this looks like a more Kirby-influenced take on the character, though we’ll see as more information is released.

“This won’t be Cap getting orders and going off to serve S.H.I.E.L.D., this is going to be Steve dealing with threats he sees and at first he’s a bit reactionary,” said Remender in an interview with Marvel.com. “He’ll be dealing with the day-to-day and doing his normal thing and when our story opens the inciting incident will change his life so dramatically that in ten issues he’ll be an entirely different person.”

Each issue of “Captain America” will include a code for a free digital copy; also, each issue will feature additional content through Marvel’s AR app.

I'm cautiously intrigued.....

Last edited:
Remender's run on uncanny x force has been a great read so captain America should be a great series

I wonder if Tony Stark will eventually be the main hero of the Avengers, like in a fashion the film treated him due to the popularity of Robert Downey Jr. He was, afterall, the biggest hero of the day saving the city and steering the nuke into space...doing the self-sacrifice kind of thing that Cap is known for.

They may make it more difficult for new readers to dislike Stark. I can see Marvel using this reboot to take advantage of Iron Man's current popularity, which I would wager is higher than ever.

I used to read comics more in the '90s, but it got overwhelming with all the different books, arcs, reboots, "deaths". I took a year off and was totally lost. I never committed again, but maybe I might actually take advantage of this.

Thunderbolts-01-Cover-rev.jpg

BOOM! Melted faces everywhere!

This is supposed to be good? I'll check it out...

Is there anything I need to know before I pick this series up?

Stupid question, but who is the armored Spider-Man?

Is that the new Venom?

Last edited:
This is supposed to be good? I'll check it out...

Is there anything I need to know before I pick this series up?

Stupid question, but who is the armored Spider-Man?

Is that the new Venom?

Let me put it this way, this has been an ongoing title since April 1997 & has/still is a solid book without being a major title like the X-Men, Avengers, etc...

The basic premise was villains pretending to be heroes to villains trying to reform into heroes to villains being forced as hero-hunting hit squad to covert ops team composed of villains directed by another villain to villains tryingnto reform & so on... :lol

And yes that's a new Venom with a different host.

That new one that'll be released on December would be a good jumping point for new readers but if you want to get some history on the T-Bolts you could pick up the Thunderbolts during the Civil War event, its been released on trade paperback or hardcover.

Excuse me for blabbering on but the T-Bolts is my shiznit! :rock
Villains are always far more interesting.

Let me put it this way, this has been an ongoing title since April 1997 & has/still is a solid book without being a major title like the X-Men, Avengers, etc...

The basic premise was villains pretending to be heroes to villains trying to reform into heroes to villains being forced as hero-hunting hit squad to covert ops team composed of villains directed by another villain to villains tryingnto reform & so on... :lol

And yes that's a new Venom with a different host.

That new one that'll be released on December would be a good jumping point for new readers but if you want to get some history on the T-Bolts you could pick up the Thunderbolts during the Civil War event, its been released on trade paperback or hardcover.

Excuse me for blabbering on but the T-Bolts is my shiznit! :rock
Villains are always far more interesting.

Thanks for the info. I'll pick up some copies I should find them at NYCC. I agree, the villains are more interesting. You don't know what they are going to do.

Can anyone tell me if any of the below are being retconned with the new Marvel "reboot:"

1. Spidey teaming up with Satan
2. The "Civil War"
3. Anything Cap/Bucky/Winter Soldier/Cap dying-related?

Can anyone tell me if any of the below are being retconned with the new Marvel "reboot:"

1. Spidey teaming up with Satan
2. The "Civil War"
3. Anything Cap/Bucky/Winter Soldier/Cap dying-related?

1. Satan is becoming a Superhero?
2. Marvel retconning the Civil War? Will the South win this time?
3. Cap and Bucky both died...but they got better.

I'll be trying out these to see what sticks

All new X-Men
Fantastic Four
Cable and X-Force
Thunderbolts
Superior Spider-Man
Nova
Guardans of the Galaxy

I know Venom will be in T-Bolts, but i can't find news anywhere if his solo series is canned or not.

Anyone here read Scarlett Spider-Man or Wolverine & the X-Men, i'm thinking of starting them up, should i?

I'll be trying out these to see what sticks

All new X-Men
Fantastic Four
Cable and X-Force
Thunderbolts
Superior Spider-Man
Nova
Guardans of the Galaxy

I know Venom will be in T-Bolts, but i can't find news anywhere if his solo series is canned or not.

Anyone here read Scarlett Spider-Man or Wolverine & the X-Men, i'm thinking of starting them up, should i?

I'm still learning my way around the Marvel universe... pretty much had my head buried in DC (when it comes to print)

If Wolverine and the X-Men is the same as regenesis? i.e this one:

Wolverine_and_the_X-Men_1.jpg

then I've read issue 001 and thought it was okay.

So this is annoying...

One thing you'll see right off the bat is the limited number of Premiere Hardcovers that will be arriving on store shelves. These Premiere Hardcovers will be reserved for our core titles, with a few exceptions.

"So you can definitely expect to see Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, All New X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, and Indestructible Hulk in the Premiere Hardcover treatment, and then followed by the paperback edition - 6 to 8 months down the line."

Read more: https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics...remiere-hardcover-releases.html#ixzz2CzpZjXsj

I started collecting HC because it took so long to get the TPBs out and by that tiem the series was either cancelled, retconned away or the status quo had changed too much.

And now they cease doing HC of the ongoing series.

I collect Venom which has two HC and the third will be a TPB only. same with the second avenging spider-man

The Scarlet Spider series started with a HC and the second is now only available in TPB :mad:

Last edited:

I collect Venom which has two HC and the third will be a TPB only. same with the second avenging spider-man

The Scarlet Spider series started with a HC and the second is now only available in TPB :mad:

:panic:

My OCD finds Marvel's decision unacceptable. Way to ruin your shelf. :(

Besides.. holding a HC to read is so much nicer than holding a tpb.

So this is annoying...

I started collecting HC because it took so long to get the TPBs out and by that tiem the series was either cancelled, retconned away or the status quo had changed too much.

I wish they did HC and TPB same day. Interestingly enough, I had a talk with my LCS owner who's happy with Marvel's decision; he says HC collections never sell in the numbers their trade counterparts do.

I may just sell everything and go omnibus at this point.

I've been reading scarlet spider and really enjoying it from the start, but the current crossover with venom, minimum carnage, I find pretty lame. But generally it's a pretty solid title I think.

Back