Marvel Omnibus Books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeiss

Super Freak
Reaction score
Lately, I have started collecting the Marvel Omnibus line of books. While I very much enjoy comics, I don't like the idea of paying the high prices for the standard monthly "floppy" releases. The Omnibus releases allow me to have a nice way to continue to collect comics and they display nice next to Sideshow's statues and Hot Toys' movie figures. Also, much like the collectibles we typically talk about on here, they make great conversation pieces. Anyone else here collect these?

i dont collect them, but i have a few. I pick them up whenever i see them discounted and they look excellent on the shelf. Its also a great way to hook other people on comics. I keep the xmen omnibus on my coffee table.

I do not have any of the omnibus books but have a decent collection of Masterworks books. It is great to read from the beginning.

I have a couple Xmen and spidey
I just find it hard to read a 20lbs book on the crapper, i mean you can't just put it on your lap. and you can hold it up cuz your arms get tried unless your skiman!

I buy 'em and love 'em.

Only get 'em off Amazon & Ebay though... SRP is way out of hand on them. Hell, I go for pretty much any oversized Marvel Hardcovers I come across.

I haven't read an individual issue of a comic in over a decade. I love TPBs, hardcovers, etc.

Some of the omnibuses are incredibly unwieldy and heavy, though. The Amazing Spider-Man omnibus is about ten pounds.

The omnibuses are great; hardcover, oversided prints, high quality paper, and no ads make them superior to comics in pretty much every way. The only real disadvantage is they take so long to come out with them. Even the TPB versions take a while to come out after the comics themselves and they're way faster than the omnibuses.

Love'em!! As you said, They do take a long time to come out!! Just ordered a Thor and Acts of Vengeance Omnibus today!

I don't own any of the Omnibus', but I do prefer them to conventional monthly books. I have several of the DC "Absolute" books and the elegant hardcover with the larger print and sharper images looks so much better on a shelf than their counterparts.

I really like them. I love my Astonishing X-Men! I am thinking of getting the Absolute Green Lantern: Rebirth. Anyone read this story?

I too just preordered THOR!

I have the Astonishing X-men Ominibus on the way. I am excited!

The one thing that does bother me about the series is that they don't always seem to bring consecutive volumes out in a timely manner. I have been really wanting a complete collection of the Chris Claremont run on Uncanny X-men. The first Volume seems incredibly nice but I want Marvel to finish up the run. If Marvel were more consistent about bringing out consecutive volumes, I bet they could create a nice market for these books.

Omnibus volumes are fantastic and I have a few. I'd love to get more but between the length between releases, space, and sheer weight of them, it can get to be a little much.

You do get used to the timing, though. It's different for Omnibuses, sure, but for regular TPBs and HC collections, it's not bad. I'm sure if you were used to reading the issues as they come out, the wait would feel horrible. But when you only read collections, the timing just feels normal.

I wish I had the patience to wait for Omnibus's:lol I can usually hold off until the tpb version's, but the only single issues I used to buy where Deadpools and I stopped some time ago

I recently got into the Invincible Iron Man. I missed issues 1-19 but they had it in one of these. So I got that and then picked up what I had missed along with a subscription.

Just got back from Steel City ComicCon in Pittsburgh...you can get a ton of these very very cheap at these conventions...

Just thought I'd throw that out there :)

Sort of a bump here. So I take it that the conventions are probably the best place to pick these up as far as deals go? What would be the next best place? Amazon/ebay? I was interested in getting the spiderman/xmen books.

I was wanting to get a few spiderman omnibus's any examples? Or where to get them?

Back