Marvel NOW! Again?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might as well just make all the heroes female. Seems to be where they are headed. Wolverine, Thor, ironman, Spider-man, etc. Glad I cancelled almost all of my marvel pulls. Only hanging on to Daredevil.

I'm not mad that riri is taking over the armor. I'm just annoyed that this isn't natural. Its Marvel trying to pander. The 2010s will be remembered for this pander. Hope the mcu doesn't follow....

I'll just keep re-reading my 40 year old comics, thanks.

Ditto. I have all the comics from when I was a kid (late 60's-early 80's) and then picked up back-issues later on from the 80's -2004/5 - ish. All in my basement vault and no kiddies allowed. So I'm good, too. :lol.

Last edited:
I'll just keep re-reading my 40 year old comics, thanks.

Yeah, for a while it was ingrained in me that comics are these endless stories what with the infinite sequential issue numbers but then I finally realized that they're no different than any other piece of literature in that you have certain writers/artists/eras that contain valid stories worth reading and anything after is NOT inherently connected just because of the almighty issue numbers.

I mean if Tolkien didn't own the rights to his characters and whatever publishing company had pumped out a hundred LOTR books with some that were okay and some that were idiotic would I "count" it all as one connected story? Hell no. These characters ended a long time ago and lasted many years longer than most fictional properties. None of this new stuff counts for anything IMO.

Might as well just make all the heroes female. Seems to be where they are headed. Wolverine, Thor, ironman, Spider-man, etc.

And you get to be a Disney princess, and you, and you, and you.......

Attachments

• oprah6.jpg
    oprah6.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 85
Marvel books for the most part are CRAP. This has been going on for awhile now and it looks like nothing is going to change anytime soon. At this point, I'm simply going to drop all Marvel books. I'm no longer going to support a company that has heaved so many crappy ass books on us over the last few years. Enough is enough.

Marvel books for the most part are CRAP. This has been going on for awhile now and it looks like nothing is going to change anytime soon. At this point, I'm simply going to drop all Marvel books. I'm no longer going to support a company that has heaved so many crappy ass books on us over the last few years. Enough is enough.

Pick up Invincible (Image), Outcast, Tmnt (idw), wytches, to name a few.

And... y'all expected any less from Disney? Now you know how Star Wars fans feel with "No more EU canon".

This sucks. I see people don't love Bendis, but I've kinda enjoyed Invincible Iron Man and am enjoying CW II. After so many years away from comics, I don't know how to respond to all this. And I don't want to offend anyone, but there's so much change, and I don't like it.

Why not just add new diverse characters instead of replacing the ones we love? Tony Stark is Iron Man. But hey let's flip the script and make Iron Man completely different. And if you don't like? OMG YOU'RE A RACIST! Smh...

It's not the diversity that bothers me, it's the replacing of beloved characters to do it. It'd be like me saying, "yeah, I love my wife, but it's 2016 so I think it's about time to divorce her and try n find a nice guy."

This sucks. I see people don't love Bendis, but I've kinda enjoyed Invincible Iron Man and am enjoying CW II. After so many years away from comics, I don't know how to respond to all this. And I don't want to offend anyone, but there's so much change, and I don't like it.

Why not just add new diverse characters instead of replacing the ones we love? Tony Stark is Iron Man. But hey let's flip the script and make Iron Man completely different. And if you don't like? OMG YOU'RE A RACIST! Smh...

It's not the diversity that bothers me, it's the replacing of beloved characters to do it. It'd be like me saying, "yeah, I love my wife, but it's 2016 so I think it's about time to divorce her and try n find a nice guy."

It's easier to fudge someone new than create a new character

If it's any indication, marvel has a 15 year old girl who will be iron man and dresses like a prostitute. If you look at the upcoming cover, she has those giant hoop earrings and a shirt that exposes her navel. It's a fictional 15 year old but she's a minor and marvel shopping her inappropriately.

If it's any indication, marvel has a 15 year old girl who will be iron man and dresses like a prostitute. If you look at the upcoming cover, she has those giant hoop earrings and a shirt that exposes her navel. It's a fictional 15 year old but she's a minor and marvel shopping her inappropriately.

Giant hoop earrings + crop top = prostitute?

:slap

Have you seen what 15 year old girls are wearing these days?

Last school year there were so many violations to the school dress code that many of the girls had to be sent home to change into something appropriate or were told to zip up their hoodies or jackets.

Yeah the stuff JCPenney markets to young girls is sickening. When I worked there years go, they had Jeans underwear. I just think it's poor taste to dress a young girl / character with revealing clothing. Shame on marvel

kbcnzuswsnxst7ef9s8j-b100b.jpg

"I wanted something big to come out of 'Thors' that would affect our characters going forward, so that turned out to be a hammer. This is just a great, great beast of metal," Aaron told io9 of the Ultimate Thor's weapon's appearance in "Unworthy Thor." "So to have that somehow fly through the events of Secret Wars and land in the normal Marvel Universe, which we saw at the end of 'Thors,' at Old Asgard— of course it went back to Old Asgard, but the old Asgard, nobody lives there. So, it’s just been sitting there, all this time."

"Unworthy Thor," by Jason Aaron and Olivier Coipel, arrives in October.

thanos2016-promo-189664-600x911.jpg

"I’ve dived pretty deep into Thanos’ publishing history to draw inspiration for the series," Lemire tells ComicBook. "Of course, it all starts with Jim Starlin, but I’ve also drawn from Keith Giffen’s run on 'Thanos' as well as Jason Aaron’s 'Thanos Rising' and the work Jonathan Hickman did in Infinity and elsewhere. I also took a good long look at Kieron Gillen’s 'Darth Vader' series as a template for what could be done with an ongoing villain series."

Thanos last appeared in Marvel's current "Civil War II" event, where he cut a deadly path through the Avengers while trying to get his hands on a reality-warping Cosmic Cube. Since the villain was revealed as the "big bad" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is Joss Whedon's "Avengers," the character has been appearing much more frequently in the comic book universe including stints in "Avengers" comics, the "Infinity" event, his own origin miniseries and a graphic novel from creator Jim Starlin.

"Thanos," by Lemire and Deodato, debuts in the fall.

Interview from CB: https://comicbook.com/2016/07/11/exclusive-marvel-announces-new-thanos-series/

INFIM2016001-cov-107f0-600x910.jpg

From Brian Bendis and Alex Maveev. And it looks like he’s back in the helmet…

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #1

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • ALEX MALEEV (A/C)

There is a new Iron Man in town and his name is VICTOR VON DOOM. The greatest villain of the Marvel Universe will try something new. Where Tony Stark failed, Doom will succeed. What is Doom’s Master Plan?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Much as I hated Iron RiRi, these interest me. A lot, actually. When Lemore is good, he's good, same goes for Aaron. Bendis has lost his touch, but, weirdly enough, he writes an entertaining Post-SW Doom. Nowhere near Hickman's Doom, but also nowhere as bas as Aaron's Strange.

Back