Marvel NOW! Again?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped reading what feels like an eternity ago i'm just enjoying the movies now and when in the rare mood I whip out my older Marvel/DC trades.

That's perfect anyways, movies are quickly digested then I can go on with my other responsibilities, like posting here. :lol

A trade can often be read (or re-read) in less time than it takes to watch a movie though. That's one reason I still find it fun to go back and revisit them, even if it's just an issue or two. It's still a fun medium to enjoy IMO.

rtn_2006-joe_quesada.jpg

F *** Joephisto.

I stopped reading comics (Marvel, DC, Image, etc.) along time ago.

I stopped reading comics (Marvel, DC, Image, etc.) along time ago.

Yup, although I still try to find something new to read every so often.
Usually 8-9/10 I end up buying a non comic related book.

Except for the $4 an issue

That more than anything is what killed comic collecting for me. That and the crappy storylines.

That is true! I see some get discounts for opening a pull list with certain sellers. Highest I've seen in 20% off

My LCS gives you a 30% discount on Marvel and DC books. Too bad there's not many books worth reading for me anymore.

Lucky dogs. Mine are over-charged to the import charges. 3$ books are 3.20 euros and 4$ are 4.40 euros here. But yeah, DC going back to 3$ is a major selling point for me. I just wish they'd drop the double shipping.

So, uh, Iron Man is getting relaunched...again...And the new Iron Man is...a 15 yo girl... who's smarter and better than Stark...

imvim2015-promo-b4a70.jpg

Marvel has announced that a new "Invincible Iron Man" #1 is on the way. As part of their Marvel NOW! initiative, the series -- announced via Time -- will follow newcomer Riri Williams as she dons the Iron Man armor. Brian Michael Bendis, the writer of the current "Invincible Iron Man" series, will stay on board for the relaunch; joining him is artist Stefano Caselli ("All-New Inhumans").

The new series will see Stark step down as Iron Man and Riri Williams take his place. But just because we know that Stark will pass on the Iron mantle after "Civil War II" doesn't mean we know the event's ending. "I can tell you just because we’re hearing what we’re saying doesn’t know you mean how 'Civil War II' ends," said Bendis to Time. "We’re not telling you the end, at all."

Originally introduced in full in "Invincible Iron Man" #9, Riri Williams is a 15-year-old M.I.T. student who took it upon herself to build her own set of Iron Man armor. Riri's role in the post-"Civil War II" Marvel landscape looks to be a big one; in addition to starring in "Invincible Iron Man," she also stood at the front of one of the groups in the Marvel NOW! teaser image.

Bendis also notes that Stark is aware of who Riri is and he might just realize that she may be better than him. "He’s also aware that this young woman is flying by him in terms of how quickly she’s doing it," said Bendis. "Her brain is maybe a little better than his. She looks at things from a different perspective that makes the armor unique. He can’t help but go maybe I should buy her out."
...**** you Marvel, truly, **** you...

giphy.gif

I'll just keep re-reading my 40 year old comics, thanks.

And I'll keep reading my indies. Marvel is truly awful at this point. Heck, I'm even considering cancelling everything from them. Nostalgia is the only thing that prevents me from doing so. Truth be told, Moon Knight is the only good book Marvel is putting out right now. Granted, it's a great book, but it's the only one. Uncanny XMen, Ultimates, Deadpool and Black Panther are kinda good as well, but not as good. Especially when you compare them to the competition (Image, DC, Valiant). Marvel has truly lost it...

Back